Recipe Ideas for an enthusiastic Mexican BSD newbie?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lemonata
    on

Hi everyone, so Im new to this whole diet. Although I tried atkins a couple of years ago it restricted many foods that were hard for me to quit altogether. Plus my husband who is 200% mexican found it hard to support me when he couldnt even have beans. Lol
    So I am reaching out to you all. Can you provide me with great Mexcian recipes (BSD approved) that me and my hubby can enjoy through out our weight loss journey? Thanks in Advance

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi lemonade,
    I suspect you haven’t had any replies because no one has any Mexican menus? Ther is one recipe in the bsd diet called Mexican hash, serves two and is a brunch,

1 red chilli cut in half, cut one half into strips, keep the other half on one side,
    1 tbs rapeseed oil,
    200 grams mushrooms halved, cook them in the oil, for 5 mins on a medium heat, add the finely chopped chilli, add 1 chopped garlic, 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, and 200 grams black beans, rinsed, and heat for 5 mins, season to taste and keep warm.
    In the same pan, fry 2 eggs, divide mushroom mix between two bowls, top with a fried egg and half of one avocado, and the other chilli sliced. Serve with lime wedges.
    I hope this is,helpful, it’s 340 calories per portion,
    If you are on Pinterest there might be some good low carb mini an recipes on there or you could look on the bsd recipes and see if,there are any you could adapt?
    There is a skinny chilli meal that has lots of beans in, that should be on the recipes?
    Let me know if you can’t find it and l will let you have that one too.
    Christine

• posted by lemonata
    on

Thanks! Yeah I figured no one had any recipes. Guess I will be the first to post my own. I did get a few ideas from pintrest and I modified some recipes of my own to fit the diet.

• posted by Izzy
    on

yes please do post your own I love to have mexican food when we eat out 🙂

Aside from using cabbage or lettuce as wraps for fajitas I’m afraid I have no idea although we do add chilli to almost everything.

• posted by lemonata
    on

Yes I definitely will be posting some of my recipes as soon as I get the measurements right.

Please log in or register to post a reply.