Rebellion against NHS guidelines!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

I fought in the punk wars too.

Daily Mail gets it right:
    Diabetes patients defy NHS – Thousands rebel against guidelines controlling condition diet low carbohydrates
    and quotes BSD supporter Dr David Unwin:
    ‘Many diabetics know not to put sugar in their tea but very few are aware that the toast they have at breakfast or rice at dinner may be wreaking havoc with their blood glucose. This is because when starchy carbohydrates like potato or pasta are broken down in the body by digestion the starch turns to sugar.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3617076/Diabetes-patients-defy-NHS-Thousands-rebel-against-guidelines-controlling-condition-diet-low-carbohydrates.html

• posted by thepolly
    on

You’d be surprised how many low carbers there are on diabetes.co.uk and a whole other load on the dietdoctor.com website too. Yet still more are following a ketogenic diet. All report a huge improvement.

There is slow, slow progress but the main problem remains that people that do not go looking for their own answers are stuck with the ‘official’ advice that many get from their drs or diabetic clinics.

At least the mail is jumping on a good bandwagon.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Yes it is a good thing and after 120,000 signed up I am surprised that only 80,000 are claiming success. I am having a duvet day today and whilst flicking channels this morning, I caught a fitness trainer preparing a meal, who endorsed HIT but then went on to say how he is not worried about the “white carbs” and how he burns them off – lucky him. It appeared to be a bit of a setup when the advert for the next programme was promoting a woman who was happy – now that she had gained 6 stones and was no longer a size 8 model for the LAD’S mags (that closed down and put her out of work). I am reading more now about carbs and sugar addictions along with metabolic syndrome (being hooked on carbs) and how drugs like Metformin are allegedly helping control blood sugar but keeping the patient diabetic, at the same time. It is about time we took action and this site is doing its bit but I fear it is not as widely known as would be ideal. It seems there are many sheep and ostriches grazing around us. Dr M of course is flying the flag far and wide, more power to him.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I read an article in the Express on the train earlier talking about the Newcastle Diet. But then it talked about bariatric surgery being recommended!

Please log in or register to post a reply.