Ready to start..nervous but excited!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jardine18
    on

Hi everyone,
    As the title suggests, I have read the book, and have been lurking reading the forum posts, I don’t have diabetes, but have about 2 stone to loose, from South Wales in the UK. I have done many diets in the past couple of years, I have had three lovely babies, who keep me really busy but I am addicted to food, (thr wrong kind!) and sugar! … Chocolate, treats, sugary tea/coffee, all which I tell myself I need to run around after the little ones, and I work 3 days a week. Hubby is a shift worker – but is committed to starting this too.
    I want to be healthier for my children, and loose some weight and feel happier, more confident again.

I have some nervousness around what to eat, and I think I am just thinking too much into the set recipes, and becoming overwhelmed, and think I just need to stick to the principles of the plan, low carbs, lots of good veg, 800 cals per day, full fat dairy, healthy fats, oils & nuts & seeds, and most importantly… water water water!

I have downloaded the my fitness app and will work from there.
    If anyone has any pearls of wisdom .. fire away. and thanks for reading x

• posted by lucy locket
    on

Hi Jardine18! A lot of that strikes a chord with me. I have also started today (Fast800) and not resisted temptation 100%. Onwards and upwards though! I look forward to following your progress, here’s to a new you!

Tip: try to have a daily treat. Go small and achievable, so 5 minutes of reading a novel, watching some comedy, doodling etc. Very helpful when you’re craving carbs perhaps!

Please log in or register to post a reply.