Raisins and apple juice in "No Carb Bircher Muelis"?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angie999999
    on

I had this for breakfast this morning and it was completely delicious. However, I do not understand how raisins and apple juice can feature in the BSD as both (especially the raisins) contain large amounts of sugar? Why would you include these at all, Michael? Is there a scientific reason for these ingredients assisting with weight loss/evening out blood/sugar levels?

• posted by Gareth
    on

I agree – been eating this no carb bircher for 12 weeks – it may be delicious but its loaded with sugar – as I now discover having gone back to doctor for my blood test. I have lost 1.5 stones in 12 weeks, but now my blood sugar is even higher than when I started. Raisins and apple juice turn out to be a sugar high. Why is this recipe in a book for people trying to reduce sugar intake?

• posted by Izzy
    on

perhaps having it now and then as part of the BSD is fine. It isn’t something I’ve made but I’ve made some other things with raisins in moderation.

Perhaps switch to having it now and then rather than regularly and it might help with your BS

Please log in or register to post a reply.