Question re taking medication

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Sounds a daft question but was wondering what others do when their medication needs to be taken with food if you don’t eat particularly at first thing?

Sometimes I am not always hungry and could go for some time longer before needing to eat, but as some of my meds need to be taken 1st thing and with food it doesn’t seem feasible…

What do you do?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

This is OH’s situation and of course it depends on what meds you’re taking.

He suggests two things –
    Check with dr if you can delay taking till when you do eat.
    Or you could try eating a small piece of something such as cheese.

However he does think maybe you should check with dr depending on the medication itself.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Ok thanks for that Igorasusual. I have actually thought a couple spoons of Greek yoghurt might do after I had posted so maybe I can try.

It’s the fact am taking insulin as well as metformin along with prednisalone that may not be acceptable to delay taking them….

Will try as suggested and see.

• posted by Frog
    on

No idea about predisnalone, but when I was taking metformin, I found it really difficult even when I did tie it in with eating food (even when taking it mid meal as I’d found recommended somewhere!)

I found the extended release metformin tons better – and fine even when I forgot it and then took it a couple of hours after eating.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Frog I do take the SR metformin too. Think I will have a spoon or two of greek yoghurt and maybe see…thanks

Please log in or register to post a reply.