Question about Zucchini

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Hello all!

I got my veggie spiraller and was wondering what you all do for portions.

One medium zucchini = one serving? two?

I’m looking to make my lunches for work next week and would love some guidance on this.

Many thanks!

Deb

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Callmedeb, I work on one medium courgette as a lunch time portion. I might have two courgette for an evening meal.

You can actually spiralise a lot of courgette and store it in a freezer bag or air tight container for up to 4 days.
    There are so many ways to have it!!

I often fry some garlic and chilli then add the courgette then stir in cream cheese and put a sprinkling of parmesan on top. Quick, easy and delicious.

If I have some crispy bacon left from the previous day I will crumble it on top.

Then you can use plain or spiced courgette as a side with fish, chicken, sausages etc.

I love it!! 🙂

• posted by Natalie
    on

Crispy bacon “left over” lol. Not in my house!

I have two zucchini/ courgette for an evening meal topped with a little bit of bolognaise and cheese.

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

What great ideas! Thanks Ladies! Starting my shopping list now!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Natalie, I live on my own so if I have two slices of bacon one morning there are four left over!!! Makes life easier!!! salad or courgette with sprinkled bacon are lovely – or sometimes I have a slice as a snack if I have a hunger pang! 🙂

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hmm, salad with crispy bacon topping. Sounds like a plan.

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Just tried hashimoto’s courgette in cream cheese as can’t be bothered to cook after walking 13 mile this afternoon…it was very tasty and so quick to make, will definitely be making it again!

Please log in or register to post a reply.