Progress Report

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Voyager
    on

Just finished week three and have lost a total of 16lbs – so I’m delighted. Haven’t felt hungry at all, and no headaches – but really, really missing chocolate and anything sweet. I find having 100g of full-fat Greek yogurt with 100g of mixed frozen berries at 7.00pm each evening helps, as there’s a slight sweetness in the fruit.

I’m hoping that after eight weeks my craving for sweet things will have disappeared……..

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Some good news. Many people’s experience, including mine, is that you lose the interest in carbs/sweet things long before the end of eight weeks. My taste changed so much that a lot of old favourites, especially Caramac, just now tastes unpleasantly sweet.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Allow yourself a square of 70% dark chocolate.

• posted by Voyager
    on

The trouble with that sunshine-girl is that I live by myself and if I had a bar of chocolate in the house I’d eat it all. I’m only succeeding so far because I have given anything I might eat that’s unsuitable to my daughter. I cleared out my freezer, fridge and cupboards – I shop every other day, only buy what I need, and there is no surplus food in the house. My “nibble” food for the days I work from home is now 100g of tomatoes, 50g of beetroot and 100g of cucumber, all chopped up in the fridge. I don’t eat anything until 12.00pm and nothing after 7.00pm.

Also, I have to say I’m a bit confused about all the comments regarding carbs. I don’t count the carbs at all – just the calories and the GI rating. I’ve compiled a list of all the foods I like that have a GI rating under 55 (which excludes bread, potatoes, pasta and rice), and plan my menus from this list. Luckily I like fish, and especially prawns!

Also, I’ve recently had my knee replaced, so I’m not able to do any strenuous exercises yet. I spend 10 minutes each day on my exercise bike, and plan to increase that as my knee becomes more mobile. I also go to the swimming baths twice a week – I’m not allowed to swim yet so I just walk up and down the pool which ensures I am exercising the correct muscles around my knee

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Voyager – I’d say from your results so far, you don’t need to worry about the carbs, just keep doing what you’ve been doing. If things stall somewhere down the line, then maybe look at it, but for now just keep on as you are. Your pallet will change overtime and you will lose the cravings for the sweet stuff and you’ll find things you previously adored and longed for will no longer be enjoyable to you. Just stick with it and you’ll find you’ll adjust to a new status quo.

Don’t panic about the exercise. It sounds like you are doing all you can and that is okay. You can ramp it up later, as you recover from the knee replacement. Losing the weight should help speed things up on the front hopefully.

Good luck with continued good results.

Please log in or register to post a reply.