Prevention is better than cure

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jayla
    on

Hi all!
    Another newbie and BSD supporter here. Recently had my second child (8 weeks ago), and two pregnancies have left me 4 stone overweight with a BMI of 32 and obese. (I have to note that I wasn’t as overweight before I had children, but it did fluctuate enough for me to feel the need to diet. My pregnancies just seem to have been a catalyst in my overall weight gain). I am not diabetic but can see myself heading that way given my eating habits and sugar addiction (anyone else secretly eat golden syrup straight from the jar for a quick fix)?! Shocked by my weigh in of 199lbs, fed up of a decade of food/diet obsession and wanting to be a good example to my children, I have been convinced that the BSD plan is the way forward. My goal is to lose 59lbs, which would take me down to 140lbs/10st.
    I’ve read the book twice and found inspiration in the forums, and am supported by my husband who also wants to lose some weight (he is carrying most fat around his middle and his Father is diabetic). Motivation is sky high so I’m going to strike while the iron is hot!! I’ve allowed myself this week to start gradually cutting things out and reducing my calorie intake, but will start the plan fully on Saturday.
    Anyone else like to join me in doing the 8 weeks of BSD fast 800?!
    J x

Please log in or register to post a reply.