Pressing restart

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hsc0307
    on

Hello
    I did the BSD for about 5 weeks but then fell off the wagon. Feeling a bit low right now. Blood levels are rising again and just had the results back from my retinopathy screening showing background deterioration. I desperately need to get started again. Could do with some help.

• posted by Timmy
    on

The positive thing is that you’ve started again. There’s plenty of people here who’ve fallen off the wagon (myself included). Don’t beat yourself up about it, you need to stay positive and know that you’re on the right path again.

• posted by hsc0307
    on

Thanks Timmy
    Positive side is I lost 7 kg and was able to get meds down temporarily to 1 metformn a day. Haven’t restarted yet. I have set Monday as D Day

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ive fallen off the wagon many a time and may well do again hsc xx
    the important thing is youve got up,brushed yrself down and ready to try again! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»..
    each time we fall we learn a little more so no need to be disheartened! Welcome back into the fold,we are all here doing our best,sometimes struggling, but is there anything better than knowing youre getting slimmer and healthier!

• posted by hsc0307
    on

Thanks Yowzer49 for your support and kind words.
    We will get there I am sure

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Will be thinking of you Monday! You can do it girl! Youve already proved it x!
    Ps oops am saying girl but you could be a laddie! Pardon me if so 🌸🌸🌸🌸

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope D day goes wellπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» make a tiny start,even if nothing else, to limber up! X

• posted by hsc0307
    on

Thanks for your support…..it begins

PS I am a laddie

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Do you know, hsc0307, it’s really helpful to have ‘fallen off the wagon’ because you are training yourself to get right back on again.

You will have blips, we all do, but it’s how you deal with those that are important. If you have a blip, say ‘ok’ and forgive yourself, and start again immediately – not next week, not tomorrow, but now. There’s no praise or blame, you can fail a bit, learn, and then carry on.

Just get started……and if necessary, again. You might like to look at Lucia’s thread, where she sets out her journey. If you ever thought ‘I can’t do it’ just read what she does/has done, and be totally inspired……:)

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi hsc0307,
    I’ve lost count of the times I’ve gone AWOL while following the BSD. I have a rule about resisting temptation once (i.e. in the supermarket) – and I break my own rule. Sadly, after 6 months I’m still capable of scoffing a pack of 3 Magnums in an evening (guess I’ve never really lost my sweet tooth even though I tend to crave savoury things now). As Timmy, Yowzer & Igorasusual have all said – just dust yourself down & get back on track pronto, don’t wallow in a pit of despair. One blip won’t make a big difference, you just don’t want it to become a succession of blips which eventually merge into an old way of eating. I’m still losing weight, slowly getting nearer my target, but I have come to accept that every so often I just need to go “off piste” as it were – knowing I can do that and go straight back to BSD ways actually helps me stick to the BSD for longer.
    Good luck with your future weight loss!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for letting us know youre a laddie not a lady!
    There dont seem to be many males on here so its good to have you here!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Happy Monday hsc

• posted by Ziggy
    on

@yowzer49 I’m a male (last time I could look!!!!)

• posted by hsc0307
    on

πŸ˜‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.