Preparing to start next week – Does this sound right?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KitK4t
    on

Hi everyone.

I would really appreciate if anyone could look over my plan and let me know if it looks ok or if I’m doing anything silly. I have read as many posts as I can about macro percentages and carb allowances and am still pretty baffled. I get the feeling it very much depends not only on target weight but there seems to be ranges of figures to use and I have no idea which end of the ranges to plug into calculations. Anyway, I have come up with the following place to start:

Carbs 40g 160cals 20%
    Protein 40g 160cals 20%
    Fat 53g 480cals 60%
    Total= 800cals 100%

I am 165cm/5’5 female currently 70kg/155lb with target weight 54kg/120lb (BMI currently hovering at 26; would like to get to 20).

I have some recipes to try out and I’ll be cooking for the kids too, just feeding them more of a non-fast day Mediterranean diet of larger quantities of what I’m eating plus healthy slow release carbs. I think if I can get into a rhythm of making this for them too then I’ll know exactly what to do when I want to cook to maintain weight. (Obv they will eat lots of other stuff – they aren’t dieting!)

I am planning to make a meal plan and plug ingredients into somewhere that’ll give me macro breakdowns, and hoping they correspond to the above percentages, tweaking and adjusting quantities if necessary.

I am not worried about hunger or will power, but more about eating too many or too little carbs/protein and not maintaining muscle mass. I do try to do a brisk 30-45 walk everyday and I would *like* to get to the gym/pool regularly. I will start floor exercises in the mornings when I start the diet next week (on holiday for a few days now).

Any and all advice greatly appreciated!

Please log in or register to post a reply.