Oh, and I forgot, buying two pairs of cropped trousers as size smaller than I have been wearing and they fit properly, look good and are comfortable – Yay!!!
We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.
3 weeks in and 10lb lost.
First time below 16 stone since I don’t know when.
Trousers are looser and a new hole punched in my belt to avoid embarrassing fashion mishap
Survived my son’s birthday party and a piece of birthday cake without putting on the 10lbs lost! (Still felt guilty though for being unable to resist temptation)
No pasta , rice, potatoes or other refined carbs for 3 weeks (apart from the cake mentioned above).
This doesn’t feel faddy or dangerous
On a less positive note I am still waiting for someone to comment on the new me that is emerging.
Happy Birthday to Switzerland’s son 🙂
I had some really nice customers today.
I keep having new ideas and feel happy.
I have more than I need, of everything.
My dear old dad came through his hip replacement op under spinal anaesthetic ok, took a while to stabilise but he made it. He has been very immobilised after arthritis where he broke it years ago. Hoping he will be comfortable soon and hopping about soon after that.
I negotiated through a difficult situation for work and got a good outcome for all.
I had a portion of superseeds which hit the spot, low carb but with cacao so they soothed my sweet tooth. Been v good and urges are lessening but all those decades of sugar munching are not going to get forgotten overnight for me. It was good to find a treat which didn’t leave me feeling rubbish.
1. I made Lucky Maneki look up “banana hammock” on google 😀
2. I’m back on track today
3. I’ve just found out that I’m not working Friday night.
banana hammock made me laugh lol.
It’s Thursday and I’m not working tomorrow!
I am able to go to my daughters primary school leaving assembly
1. (From yesterday) I was able to drive 200 kms and pick up my elderly Dad from hospital and take him to his home and settle him in overnight (and all that’s involved in that).
…and speaking of primary school….
2. While taking my Dad to his local pharmacy (he still lives where I grew up) he started chatting to an elderly gentleman and turned to me asking if I knew him. It was my primary school Principal and Year 6 teacher who I hadn’t seen since 1972. Amazing. As there’s a federal election here in Australia tomorrow, that’s where our conversation turned. I’m still blown away by the entire meeting and give thanks for growing up on the shores of Lake Macquarie. My childhood determined my adult sense of community.
3. 42 years does not necessarily distance people. (Please extrapolate this out to ‘written conversations on the internet does not necessarily distance people’.)
Good night Izzy and everyone.
1. Making plans to have our youngest grand daughter to stay.
2. Have found a gift for some friends, which I have some how mislaid in the house. Had put it somewhere safe!
3. Have almost caught up with post holiday wash at last.
switzerland your stories are lovely!
Sunny I lose things like that all the time!
The kids assembly was brilliant.
I’ve had my hair cut and love it.
I’m about to lock myself in my bedroom for a couple of hours and leave my husband in charge of our kids. I’ll be busy writing/painting/creating – I’ve not decided yet but regardless I will enjoy my hours!
1. Voted in the federal election, now watching the results flood in (I am such a political geek!)
2. Spent time with my cat having a mutual ‘lovefest’.
3.Spent time in the garden (I can get so much more done in Winter and don’t have to worry about red belly black snakes) and was visited by white cockatoos, eastern rosellas and king parrots.
1)Watching the dog have a funny five minutes in the fields, whilst catching whiffs of wild honeysuckle.
2) feeling proud of the Wales team. Cymru am byth!
3) clothes that didn’t fit because they were too small, now don’t fit because they are too big!
found some clothes in the cupboard that fit (and some that will soon)
my son had a poo in the toilet (yes yes I know tmi lol but this is an ongoing issue here for him)
sat watching ‘purple minions’ with my son just now (despicable me 2)
1. Finished reading ‘The Obesity Code’ by Jason Fung (this BSD journey has sparked such an interest in this subject).
2. Celebrated my daughter’s 16th birthday – she is amazing.
3.Quite chuffed about the possibility of a Wales v Iceland final (come on now people POSITIVE thoughts). Hmmm, I wonder what the outcome of the France v Iceland game will be?
4.This one’s for you Bissell – I’m learning a new language (Welsh) because I had to look up the meaning of Cymru am byth. (You’ll be proud of me Bissell, I actually new ‘Cymru’).
Hoorah Switzerland! Da iawn! I am really an Essex girl, but lived and worked in Wales for many years and recently started learning the language. Well, it seemed polite to do so. At least I can pronounce the place names and sing the national anthem now!
And the wildlife in your garden sounds amazing, I will look them up too. I’m glad I don’t have to worry about red belly black snakes though. I get scared by some of the slugs!
Have a good day everyone.
….OK, so it’s just not going to be a Wales v Iceland finals….but I can still put in a positive thought for a Wales v ? final!
I shall post later about my other positive thoughts for the day.
1. Ate well all day – positivity that makes me feel good.
2. Entertained again by native birds in the backyard.
3. 3/4 of my family is on holidays – much less running around – more time for bush walks.
1) avoided doughnuts on 12 1/2 HR night shift , sat by the work station all night.
2) dogs so wage to see me come home.
3) birds signing in sunshine
Stayed under 800 calories today
Enjoyed a good day in the great job I’m lucky to have
Cycled to work on a lovely crisp sunny morning
Had an overall weight loss for the week, despite an overindulgent weekend – it’s a new week and higher vigilance from today.
Spent time with grandchildren yesterday.
Clearing out some stuff for a charity sale later this month.
1. Give thanks for living in a democratic country – counting continues following federal election 02/07.
2. Realised 100kms from home, on a 200km journey that I’d left my handbag at home – so grateful that the journey was safe and I wasn’t stopped and asked for ID/licence.
3. Grateful that chicken and salad is a great BSD lunch and is easily obtainable even when away from home.
1. Feeling achey after beasting myself in the gym yesterday (I love the achey feeling after heavy weights)
2. I’m back on track as of the weekend and have lost another 0.8kg
3. The sun is shining!
1. Lost another 0.5kg in the last 2 days
2. I’m in a suit that I haven’t been able to wear for ages (and if anything it’s now too big!)
3. I was given my weight in patisserie* yesterday and I didn’t eat any of it!
*I’ve just built a website for one of the worlds biggest patisserie producers and every time I go there for a meeting they give me as much tempting food as I can carry!
1. Knitting is so relaxing and has been around for so long that my head explodes when I think about the first person who held vine, twine, thread and 2 sticks and figured it out.
2.Good friends are so precious and appreciated.
3.The BSD way of life makes me feel so well.
1. Feeling pleased with myself, as I have ‘spring’ cleaned the utility room this morning.
2. Good that it is the w/e and I get to spend some time with OH.
3. Loving the sunny weather today.
I’d forgotten about this. Bad Izzy…
I don’t work on Fridays 🙂
my son is behaving today
I have all my craft stuff in my newly organised loft den ready to be used.
I have everything I need, most of what I want, and some of my favourite things in life are things I never knew I wanted.
Hi, thought I’d give this a go….
1. FOUND THE PASSPORTS!!
Was so stressed thinking I’d accidently thrown them out whilst de cluttering/sorting the office and I ‘d left it too late to get new ones!!
2. Getting back into clothes that haven’t fitted for years even allowing for the short ‘window of opportunity’
3. Generally feeling a whole lot more light hearted ( passport dramas aside!). I don’t think I realised quite how unhappy I was with myself and my weight until I compare it to how I feel now!
Not lost any more weight after week one loss of 3.5 lb but still feeling great. Blood glucose is fantastic down from 180 to 97, will be reducing insulin tonight for the second time in 10 days.
Just won tickets for Futuroscpe (theme park in France) so have booked 2 more tickets for grand monsters for when they visit in August, booked hotel so ready to go.
Just feeling great.
Ooh Clemetis 76, even I feel relieved you have found the passports!
1) I can choose the recipe with a lower calorific content instead of thinking ‘ oh, I won’t like that’
2) who knew raw courgettes actually taste better than cooked ones.
3) I got whistled at yesterday!
Yes, I know I shouldn’t be pleased about that. And I’m sure the van driver had a ‘Dorian Grey’ moment as he drove past, but it’s been a long time since ANYONE whistled at me. And I checked, there was no one else around.
I accidentally posted a reply to you some days ago on ? Lucia’s my eight weeks.
I can’t remember my post exactly BUT I’ve added another Welsh word to my vocabulary – cariad – so pleased I happened upon this one.
Morning Switzerland. Or Bore da! Yes, we were all very proud of the Welsh team for doing so well, true team spirit. They arrived home yesterday to a heroes welcome. Here are some more words to add to cariad. It’s a very lyrical language isn’t it?
The trainee I had this week had Cariad tattoo’d on his arm 🙂 Top lad he was as well. Of to training centre for a month now, so I’ll make one of my positives about him.
He is only 26 but has lived a little shall we say- it was refreshing to come across a young man with a very mature outlook, the ability and motivation to learn my job well, and the ethics I like to see in a person. I enjoyed my week with him.
We got around to watching the end of Game of thrones series 5 last night, on to 6 next 🙂
My son is sat beside me happily munching an apple.
Still not lost any more weight on week 2 so have to find positives.
My boobies are 2 inches smaller
I got up extra early this morning, just because I felt like it
Had a cooling swim, we have 32 degrees heat
I’m in my den painting 🙂
My new favourite place
1. Re-discovering the meditative qualities of knitting – yes, I’m still knitting – this MUST be lowering my cortisol levels.
2. So relaxed that I forgot what day it was (Phew, Sunday, didn’t need to be at work).
3. Planning the week ahead so I can meet all of my obligations and remain sane (although I’ll decline any offers by BSDers that want to do a mental health assessment – the results may be confronting!)
What a wonderful thread!
It’s only 11:20 am, but already I can list three great things about today (and I only got up at 10!!):
1. Finding this thread and having time to read, and be uplifted by, evey single post. Feel like you all are my best friends right now.!
2. Especially loving Izzy’s comment, that I have just emailed to myself at work so I can create some kind of nice screensaver image from it…”I have everything I need, most of what I want, and some of my favourite things in life are things I never knew I wanted”
3. So grateful this this diet has such wonderful food, that I’m already feeling better after just one week, and that I have access to these amazing forums and the support of such a brilliant group of people!
Sunday morning working, always binged when got home. DIDNT HAPPEN woo hoo
Relaxing now watching the tennis.
Feeling like I have possibly turned around my doom laden pre diagnosis of S.L.E. Which if that is the case it is 100% a miracle.
Also want to be greedy and add another, sitting here feeling the love and compassion coming from all you B.S.D.peeps. bless your beautiful kind minds for taking the time.
Aw Lesley I don’t think I have ever been quoted in such a way as to become a screensaver! I’m glad you liked my comment 🙂
Janet – Stay greedy, have 100 positives!
My friend came yesterday to inspect my den! She loves it and insisted I paint something whilst she was there, she stood patiently watching me paint a dreamcatcher on a coaster, provided encouragement and insisted I keep doing my stuff. She is an amazing friend I’ve had in my life for 21 years and seriously has walked beside me through my hardest experiences. She is my biggest cheer leader and I love her dearly.
Had a lovely day yesterday out with my daughter,
My son gives awesome hugs.
I’m up to date with the laundry. Of course that will last half a day at most but still!
1) today I sang in an 850 strong choir in Bristol’s Colston Hall, amazing experience!
2) went out for an Italian meal on Saturday with old work colleagues who I haven’t seen for a year,; lots of positive remarks (smug grin from me)
3) I ate mozzarella and toms, followed by sea bass and veggies and it was delicious! Who knew?!
1. Continued to de-clutter the studio.
2.Spent time with my husband when daughter went to sleep-over and before son came home.
3.Having curry for dinner with cauliflower rice (had to wait for my daughter to be away as she doesn’t eat curry,)
Im delighted to start using my 20 minute video workouts, finally!
I had a lovely weekend with my hubby which set me up nicely for Monday
I found out how to link an ipad to our tv hence number 1 is much easier 🙂
I’ve been busy painting again
I did an interesting thing at work today, it made me late but still I quite enjoyed it.
I have some new ideas for a story I’m writing.
Can we really have real cream. If so this is fab news thanks
My new shed is complete ready to be filled with more trash!
I devised my first low carb meal chorizo chicken and lentil soup and it was yummy
I decided to stop being a hoarder and clear out what I don’t need .
up early and the sun is shining and birds twittering
I made breakfast last night with small amount of oats, chia seeds and berries and it’s on the fridge waiting for me
Going to the cinema tonight with lovely friends
(+one extra, my cat is sitting on me purring away😂 And giving me a adoring looks – he’s just been fed😹)
1) book group at mine yesterday, low carb nibbles went down well!
2) off to my caravan in Pembrokeshire with the family, feeling (reasonably) confident that I will stick to low carbs.
3) jammin’ in the kitchen to Bob Marley!
Yes you can have real cream 🙂 so long as you count in the calories Figment!
1. A special call out to all of the supportive felines around the world that assist us while on our BSD journey….very good at grounding us and helping us with mindfulness meditation.
2. I am so grateful for today’s sunshine.
3. Weekly shop completed in half the time thanks to 2 family members helping.
1) Ate the nicest meal I think I’ve ever had last night
2) Just had confirmation of the biggest contract ever for one of my businesses (3 times the size the current largest!)
3) Less than 4 weeks to holiday and I’m way ahead of target to be at my perfect weight.
Sounds awesome Timmy congrats on the contract and the weightloss!
Today is Friday!
I just had an awesome breakfast shake
I’ve just ordered some more things to paint, and I think the parcel waiting at the post office is my sewing machine pedal 🙂
1.Goodness will prevail.
2. All of our positive thoughts make a difference.
3. Kindness matters.