Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quick check in with some positives …..
    πŸ½πŸ›’ grocery shopping done
    πŸ‘•πŸ‘— big bag of clothes taken to the charity shop
    πŸ“¦πŸ“¦ ‘lost’ parcel found in neighbour’s parcel safety box
    Good day, nothing remarkable happened, just a pleasant day.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, as mentioned in my other posted thread, some good news.

1. Results are in for both my grandsons exams. One got distinctions and merits in BTech and has now secured a 4 year apprenticeship, second one got 1 A*, 5 A+ , 2 A’s and a B in GCSEs. So proud of them both. They both worked so hard especially the GCSEs.
    2. Did my shopping in a pretty dress today. Daughter told me to wear what I have in the wardrobe instead of slobbing about in jeans and t-shirts.
    3. Nothing exciting happening and that is a blessing in itself.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Congratulations to your grandsons, SG. I so agree with your daughter … we ‘save’ things for some vague time in the future, which may never come. We should be wearing our ‘good’ stuff and making ourselves feel special.

A few positives from me …
    🌱🌸 a lovely gardening session today, but not in my garden. Was creating a new flower bed at the village hall …. just need to keep it watered over the next few weeks, to make sure it gets nicely established.
    πŸ›©βœˆ got our flights booked for our next trip to Turkiye, just three weeks before we go!

Think two will do for today. Remember to look for those positives everyone.

on

Yes you are right SunnyB, life is for living and doing it in our best clothes feels better than slobbing around in my jeans and T-shirts.

Talking of my grandson, I am going to put him as one of the positives in my life. 2 or so years ago he was what you might call chubby, although we would never say so. His school ‘friends’ called him names and he didn’t have many real friends. I told daughter not to try to put him on a diet. We chatted about what is and isn’t good to eat and he started making his own breakfast usually eggs instead of cereal and made other changes. First thing is he shot up by about 5 inches which was the key and now is tall and slim.

Next positive, as stated on the August thread. Air fryer conked out but good news is we are able to get a full refund thanks to Rita the A1 at Amazon.

Still enjoying the warm but not too hot weather and making the most of the pool while it lasts.

Finally, just feeling so positive, don’t know if I have a calendar with no medical appointments for a change, yes GP in 2 weeks but that is routine but then nothing until 5th November.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quick drop by with some positives ….
    πŸš—πŸš˜ at last our main car is back on the road! OH was able to do the bulk of the work, with the garage just doing a calibration once he’d fitted the new part, which kept the costs down by some considerable amount. So a double positive there … back on the road, at minimum cost.
    🌱🌸 more gardening done, this time two of us versus a huge pot bound agapanthus! Was a fight, but we eventually won by dividing the plant into sections, which has allowed me to share it with others, as well as keeping some for myself.

As the first of the above counted as two positives, think that will do nicely for today.

on

Hi Sunny, just a question. Do you want to set up the next monthly thread, then you are away so I can do October.

My positives

It is raining, a lovely slow drizzle for most of the day, we really need it.
    Hit my target weight over a week early but not being complacent as we have a night out coming up.
    Just feeling so calm and positive right now.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi SunshineGirl …. yes, happy to set up the September thread, if you have say ideas for the title, please let me know.
    We had a whole day’s rain a couple of days back and it was actually quite nice, as we haven’t that for awhile.
    Glad you’re feeling positive and calm. Good to be feeling content.

Anyway, positives from me today ….
    🌳🌱 you guessed it … more gardening!!! It really does my soul good. Two big jobs today, we took down a large shrub which had died and gave the bay a serious haircut.
    πŸŽ…πŸŽ„ as we’ll be away until early December, I’ve been sorting out advent gifts for grandchildren, which was completed by a delivery that arrived today.
    🌼🌸 have been trying out some different perfume samples and found a couple of fragrances I really like.

Hope you are all having a good week.

on

A call out to Verano to help us with some appropriate wording, but just looking at some words to describe September and I’ve come up with bountiful and abundant – referring to the autumnal colours and autumn fruits. Thinking of S words, serene, sultry and then I get stuck.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I was think along the lines of an ‘s’ word too … perhaps sublime, spectacular or sensational?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How about “Let’s be Sensational in September”?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Or “Make September Spectacular”?

on

that sounds great, lets all have a spectacular September.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

πŸ‘πŸ» done, we’ll go with spectacular, SG. Will set up the new thread tomorrow.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Here are a few positives for the first day of September:
    πŸ“πŸ§³ packing list made and some items already put in the cases, ready for our Turkish trip kicking off on 12th Sept
    πŸ™‚πŸ“ have written my pre-trip ‘To Do List’, ready to start ticking things off … Will be making a start on it tomorrow
    πŸ’¦πŸ’¦ OH has set up a new automated plant watering system. Going to be testing it out over the coming days, to make sure it’s sound. Already lined up GD to visit from time to time to take care plants at bottom of the garden, so if needs be, she can water the other pots too.

Hope everyone has had a lively weekend, with plenty of positives πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Had a positive day, so thought I report a few …
    πŸ™‚πŸ“ have ticked several items off my pre-trip ‘To Do’ list, including wrapping advent gifts and posting them off for youngest GD.
    πŸ”‘πŸš˜ located my mislaid car key … found it in a bag I haven’t used for several weeks!
    πŸ’¦πŸ™‚ eldest GD visited for a cupper and to find out about watering the areas of the garden the new watering system won’t reach. Nice to catch up with her news.
    What positives slipped into your day?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Another positive day ….
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ really pleasant walk and lunch with GS, we both enjoyed it so much we have decided to do it again next Wednesday
    πŸ‡πŸ° visiting rabbit is getting bolder, he’s much less timid and actually approaches us now, rather than skittering way
    πŸŒ±πŸ’¦ auto-watering system is proving to work well, so feeling confident it will do the job in our absence
    πŸ“ΏπŸ“Ώ made a bracelet for OH, as part of an anniversary gift for next month.
    Hope you have noticed some positives in your day.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Feeling a little bit lonely on this thread, but regardless, I’ll post some positives and hope someone else will join in again soon.
    β˜”πŸŒ§ has rained ALL day, upside of that is the garden and pots have had a good water and the water butt has had a serious top up
    🍊🍊 got another batch of marmalade underway, mandarin this time
    πŸ‘«βœˆ some friends have decided to join us for a week while we’re in Turkiye. Not only will it be nice to have them there, but it will also force OH to take time off from working on the villa.

🀞🏻 there will be more positives posted by others soon!

on

Oh SunnyB we cant have you all on your own.

We too are having rain and it is wonderful, refreshing and greening up out dried out grass (cant call it a lawn, more like a field).

Stewing our own figs from the tree, one minute they were little rock hard lumps then suddenly fully ripe and I hate to see them go to waste. Before anyone tells me what to do with them, I already have 2kgs in the freezer from last years crop.

More than happy with by blood results. BG 6.3 which in someone not on meds is the same as non-diabetic. Well I can dream, someday I will be that number and no meds.

Keep on keeping on…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for your company, SG. Great news on your blood results, wonderful reward for your hard work. The figs sound yummy, it’s one of the things I’m looking forward to when we’re back in Turkiye.

My positives for today …..
    πŸŽ‚πŸŽ sorted out the final gift for birthdays while we’re away … now they’ve all been ticked off my To Do list
    🌸🌼 GD visited to collect a set of our house keys, as she’ll be popping in while we’re away to water indoor plants and check round for us, good to see her and one more thing checked off my pre-trip list!

Those two will do for me today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just one positive today. Visit from one of OH’s cousins and elderly aunt, lovely time catching up on news, spipping tea and sharing laughs.
    Hope your weekend has brought positives your way. Please let us know about one or two of them.

on

Hi there, here to report my positives:-

Successful visit to the doctors, he is very pleased with my results.
    Sun shining again.
    Washing on the line – oh the little things that please us.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for joining in here SG. Glad your medical check when with flying colours. Thanks also for reporting the spam threads posted on the forum today. Frustrating that it seems to have become a target again.

My positives today are ….
    πŸ‘©β€πŸŒΎπŸŒΌ mini gardening session, wrapping some pots containing vulnerable plants in agrifleece.
    πŸ›πŸ§Ί bedding changed and linen washed.
    🧳🧳 packing complete, except for very last minute stuff.

One more day at home, then we’ll be starting our travels again. Will not be as present after Thursday, but will drop in when I can … hopefully others will post on this thread from time to time to keep it alive.

on

I guess I will have to keep this thread going while you are away πŸ™‚ Have a wonderful time, how long are you gone for.

My positives are:-

Just that I am feeling positive with a new start for my new goal (3.3lbs by 7th Oct)
    Just been to the farm shop 5 mins away from us and bought 2 dozen eggs and browsed their lovely fresh produce – although I only bought eggs.
    Lovely compliment from my grandson. Talking about not being able to get a car loan after the age of 70 (seems to be the case here) and he said I didnt have to worry as I wont be 70 for ages – bless him, I am already 71.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!

S-g I’m here! You aren’t alone!

Just got back from a few weeks in Portugal visiting our son and his family. Wonderful weather, wonderfully relaxing time but now back it’s to β€˜reality’!

So for me today the positives are :

Just one …… get back to BSDπŸ₯¬πŸ₯‘πŸ«’πŸ«‘!!!

Will

on

Hi Verano, glad to have you by my side as you have been for many years now.

My positives are:0

1. Found a housesitter for our Christmas (been trying to avoid that word but….) trip. Coming from America to meet up with their daughter who is in London but fancies a holiday in France.
    2. Just sold my heavy Dyson vac, no hassle, just put it on a site and it went the same day.
    3. Hopefully picking up my engagement ring from the jewellers after having replacement stones. Couldn’t really afford diamonds but they have put in 2 cubic zirconia.

Will save any other positives so I have something to say next week.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.

S-g great positives.

Dark and dank here today but there are positives:

πŸ₯’πŸŒΆοΈπŸ«’ Back on plan for 2 days and 2.2 of my 5.2lb holiday gain are gone so very positive.

🧺🧺🧺 Washing all done so just the ironing to do now!

πŸ₯¦πŸŒΆοΈπŸ₯‘ Finally, after all these years I’m working out just how to eat some carbs that don’t send my blood sugar soaring. I have a feeling that after 8 years of low carbing my body is reacting more normally to carbs.

Onwards and upwards making every β€˜positive’ count.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quick drop by to thank SG and Verano for posting here and keeping the thread active. Have a few positives so thought I’d post while I have a quiet moment.

πŸ™‚πŸ™‚ had a lovely few days with my folks, good to catch up in person and spend some real time with them.
    🌸🌸 visited a garden centre and was seduced in to purchasing a few plants … they have to live with Mum for now, but they’ll eventually make good additions to my garden
    ✈✈ we fly out to Turkiye today, pleasant evening/night at on-airport Hotel yesterday, so nice relaxing morning before we go and check in

Will post again in a few days.

Please log in or register to post a reply.