Hi all, this is my first post here and I’m wondering if anyone could offer me any advice as to why I’m barely losing any weight! I feel like I’m at my wits end and ready to give up. I just dont understand what’s gone wrong. I’m starting to wonder whether the Fast 800 just doesn’t work for everyone.
Here are my circumstances;
1) I’ve been on the Fast 800 diet for 3 weeks now and lost only 1.5kg!!
2) I fast for 16 hours a day. My regime is to not eat anything after 6.30pm. The next morning I have black coffee around 9am. At about 11am I usually start eating with either a single carrot or a boiled egg. Then eat a small calorie lunch at about 1.30pm.
3) I fastidiously use an phone app called FatSecret and according to the app I am mostly at about 800-825 calories per day. My absolute maximum carbs are 35 grams per day. Fat is usually at 45 grams and protein at about 52 grams. Any less protein and I’m usually starving (more of that below).
4) I have used urine keto strips daily and get a rich pink colour confirming that I’m definitely in ketosis (ie around 1.5-3)
5) I only do a bit of walking exercise but try to do it everyday.
6) I’ve been to a doctor and had a blood test which doesn’t reveal anything remarkable.
My only vice I can think of is that I have drunk a bit of Coke Zero and have read that fake sweeteners can create some impediments. Regardless, given the strict 800 calorie and 16 hour fasting regime I’m on, surely the results would be better than 1.5kg.
I’m so hungry most evenings I find I’m going out of my mind and despite my earnest commitment to this diet, I am truly going nowhere. I’m beginning to think there is no hope for me. I dont find this an easy diet at all despite people saying their hunger goes. I feel week, exhausted and have a bit of brain fog. After three weeks I’m so tired of it and not sure I can do another seven days more.
What on earth is creating so much of failure? Please help, I’m just so overwhelmed with disappointment and frustration.
Thanks for any help