Pizza base low carb Flax & Parmesan Pizza Crust

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by barby
    on

I have just found a couple of recipes that sound good, not tried them yet, so didn’t want to put on Recipes yet – thought I’d share in case anyone interested. I wouldn’t buy the flax flour but just grind up my flax seeds in my nutribullet. Apparently it is good to have the parmesan very finely grated. I found it here : http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/zero-carb-flax-meal-pizza-crust.html. Would be interested in how it compares to the Caulifour pizza base. Will try it soon.

Flax & Parmesan Pizza Crust

INGREDIENTS PIZZA BASE
    1 cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
    ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
    2 eggs

Mix the flax meal and Parmesan (or Romano) cheese in a medium bowl. Add the eggs and stir until a dough is formed. It will be sticky, let it sit for about 5 minutes or so until it’s easier to work with.
    Wet your hands with water to help keep the dough from sticking to them and press onto greased cookie sheet about ⅓ inch thick in a circle. You should get about a 10 inch crust out of it – if it’s a lot smaller than that you are making it too thick.
    Bake in a preheated 350 degree (F) oven for 8 minutes. Remove.
    Add toppings. Bake for another 15 minutes at 350. Remove.

TOPPING
    ½ cup sugar free marinara sauce
    1 Italian Sausage Link, cooked and chopped
    ½ cup broccoli florets, cooked
    1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

SAUCE I make a simple red sauce using 2 cups tomato puree, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 Tbl olive oil (optional) splash of lemon juice or red wine vinegar. You don’t even need to pre-cook it – just mix it well and spread however much you like on the pizza

Par-bake the crust as described above.
    Add your toppings and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees (F).
    Cut into 4 pieces. Each piece is considered one serving. 1 piece Calories: 381 Fat: 19g Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 24g

Here is the alternative recipe, whihc has more carbs
    . http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/09/low-carb-gluten-free-pizza-crust-2.html

• posted by orchid
    on

I’ll be interested to know how it goes.

• posted by Concetta Parsons
    on

Great recipe Barby. I’m a great pizza lover and i’ve tried many times to bake a pizza in my home. My kids too love pizza and they used to ask me home made pizza. I was not able to bring the correct consistency of the pizza dough. So each time, my pizza will look horrible. All these days I used to order take & bake pizzas Vancouver online ( http://www.freshslice.com/take-n-bake/ ). I’ll try this recipe soon and hope that it’ll come out well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.