Penny's motivation & diary thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Hi all,

Was really encouraged by the posts on here and thought I would add my daily diary as a way to keep up motivation.

I may also add bits of motivation – quotes/recipes/etc and would love to hear how everyone else is doing – Please feel free to add your daily diaries if it helps you!

Today was my first day and I am pretty happy with myself. I really struggled around 11am and 3pm (my usual snacking times) and would have sold my soul for a chocolate biscuit, but somehow I persevered!

Breakfast: Yeo Valley natural yogurt and 80g of blueberries, peppermint & ginger tea
    Lunch: Two egg omelette and a hot smoked salmon fillet
    Dinner: Costa chicken and pepper panini, peppermint tea

Exercise: 4 reps of walking lunges at lunch time, 6000 steps

total: 787 calories, 62.3g carbs

I had planned on cooking dinner but unexpectedly heard from a friend and we met for food in Costa. I was worried that I’d collapse and get something sweet, but the panini was a good compromise.

I am hungry, and I want to up my steps, but I feel like today was a success.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Penny welcome to BSD ๐Ÿ™‚ Well done for making it through the first day! You won’t be hungry for long it really does fade but I’d recommend being careful with things like panini as the bread element would have been quite high carb. As you become established in the diet many people realise that if they do eat something like that it can trigger cravings and hunger – I find I can have a little without having cravings but I’ve noticed I feel tired afterwards.

You will settle into your own routine soon and find everything that works for you.

• posted by reversing_prediabetes
    on

Hi Penny,
    Welcome!! I too started today after reading a number of threads over the weekend.

I hope you do not mind me detailing my journey here too.
    Iโ€™m pre-diabetic and roughly 3 stone overweight. I am unhappy with my appearance and certainly worried about a diagnosis of diabetes, if I continue with my current lifestyle. Iโ€™m hoping this diet will give me the structure that I need and the discipline to go for a low carb-high fat diet once Iโ€™ve completed the 8 weeks.

Breakfast: 1 Poached Egg and Flat Mushroom
    Lunch: M&S Harissa Chicken with Couscous
    Dinner: Pan Fried Hake Fillet with Broccoli

Total: 703 calories, 63g carbs
    Water: 1.5L

Steps: 10,399
    Active Minutes: 52

Looking forward to tomorrow.

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Thank you Izzy that is really good advice about carbs. I will definitely keep an eye on them. Your diary is an inspiration!

Hello reversing_prediabetes ! Thank you for sharing your diary. I find it really helpful and I hope you do too. Well done on all the steps, I’m going to try and do more on day 2.

Best of luck!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope day 2 went well for you pennyrua. I personally find I need to avoid simple carbs as stringently as I can, as some time later, I will get bad hunger pangs and crave more. If I do eat them, it’s after taking a conscious decision to deviate from the regime and in the knowledge I will need more determination to resist the cravings when they arise.
    I found once I was past the first few days, I actually didn’t miss the bread/potatoes/rice/pasta etc. If you can make it past the first week without these food stuffs, you will probably find the same.
    Good luck, please keep us posted on your progress.

on

Hi Penny, hope today (day 2) went well for you.
    Below is a summary of my day:

Lunch: M&S Sesame King Prawns & Rice Salad
    Dinner: Piri Piri Pork Loin (had a few too many nuts, so ate the pork loin without anything else!)
    Snakcks: 30g Cashews and a Nectarine

Total: 823 calories, 48g carbs
    Water: 1L

Steps: 11,168
    Active Minutes: 47

Not sure why, but I found it hard today!

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Hello!

Sorry for not posting yesterday, it was a crazy busy day.

Day 2 and 3 have been pretty similar:

Breakfast; yogurt and blueberries
    Lunch; 2 poached eggs and hot smoked salmon
    Dinner was a recipe from this site: Halloumi and a quinoa, chickpea and bulgar wheat mix. I didn’t have tomatoes so I added olives instead. It was very tasty – I thought the portion size was very small but I was full afterwards.
    I have also had a square of 70% dark chocolate.

Tuesday: kcal 849 & carbs 52g, and today: kcal 782 & carbs 44.7g (I was a bit stricter with my portion sizes)
    Total steps Tuesday 7161, and today: 10050
    Very happy I’ve finally hit the 10k steps!

I have struggled with hunger, but I am lucky to have some very supportive colleagues and have so far managed to avoid the biscuits – mainly by covering the communal biscuit tin with a jumper so I can’t see it (true story!).

An unexpected struggle was when I also forgot to tell a friend who was staying over that I had started the diet and they brought a bottle of wine. I had to push against the ingrained need to be hospitable and have a glass to be polite, but I did say no and it was fine (of course!).
    Thank you for posting your diary, reversing_prediabetes, I hope today was easier for you.

Very proud to have managed 3 days and definitely feeling lighter.
    Let’s keep going!

on

Hi Penny, good to hear from you.
    Well done on the number of steps and avoiding the communal biscuit tin!!

Sorry, I’m posting day 3 late as I had a very busy day too!
    Yes, definitely found day 3 easier. I had:

Lunch: M&S King Prawns & Salmon Salad
    Dinner: BBQ Sweet Chilli Chicken Thighs with 100g Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato
    Snacks: 20g Cashews
    Total: 879 calories, 47g carbs
    Steps: 10,952
    Active Minutes: 59

I’ll be back later tonight to let you know how today went.

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Hello!

Day 4 has gone okay. I am still struggling with sugar cravings and wishing chocolate chip biscuits were just protein…alas not.

Breakfast was yogurt and blueberries, which I am thankfully not sick of yet
    Lunch was a bit of a mix: some chicken breast, a red pepper, 2 falafel balls and a tiny bit of hummus
    Dinner was really yummy: 2 grilled portobello mushrooms with halloumi and a tomato

Total: 770 kcal and 57.7g of carbs (mostly from the falafel)

I might have a square of 70% dark chocolate later which is another 56 calories, but I’ve had a square at night for the last two days and I don’t want it to become a habit.

My step total right now is 6098, but I am going to go out for a walk soon, so that will increase my total and hopefully get me to 10k.

I am a bit concerned about how I will manage the weekend, but I have to get through day 5 first!

• posted by pennyrua
    on

I had a good day 5.

Breakfast was yogurt and blueberries again
    Lunch was the same as yesterday: some chicken breast, a red pepper, 2 falafel balls and a tiny bit of hummus
    Dinner was a recipe from the BSD book – the spicy bean burger. It was such a mess and didn’t hold together but it was tasty and I had it with a tomato and a bit of lettuce.

I was given a marshmallow chocolate bar from a friend and I ended up having half of it – only 80 calories but LOADS of carbs!

It means my total carbs for the day is a crazy 108.2g, but it was nice to have a treat and I went for a 5 mile walk, so I don’t feel so bad.
    My kcal total was 871 and I was well over 10000 steps but I don’t have the correct total as I left my phone behind.

I hope everyone else had a great day!

on

Hi Penny,
    Have been quite busy, so will provide Day 4 and Day 5’s menu below:

Day 4:
    Was on a course for the whole day, so found it very difficult – since lunch was provided!! Plus there were loads of biscuits and sweets (which I do not know how I managed to resist)!!

Breakfast: Nothing
    Lunch: 1/2 Chicken Sandwich
    Dinner: BBQ Sweet Chilli Chicken Thighs with 100g Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato
    Snacks: 100g Grapes
    Total: approx. 673 calories, 46g carbs
    Steps: 14,329
    Active Minutes: 101

Day 5
    Normal day at work today. However, lunch wasn’t what I really wanted – as it’s difficult to know the exact calories (but hopefully it’s still under 800 in total)

Breakfast: Nothing
    Lunch:Trout with M&S Quinoa & Edamame Soya Bean Saad
    Dinner: M&S Sesame King Prawns & Rice Salad
    Snacks: 25g Cashews
    Total: 731 calories, 37g carbs
    Steps: 13,990
    Active Minutes: 81

Definitely finding this much easier that I thought. However, I’m worried about the weekend – that’s when I normally ‘throw in the towel’!! Also, I’m finding not eating anything for breakfast quite easy.

I hope I can keep this up over the weekend.

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Day 6 went surprisingly well, considering it’s a Saturday. (I hope the day went well for you too, reversing_prediabetes)

I slept in for the first time in months and it was exactly what my body needed.
    So, instead of breakfast and lunch I had an incredibly yummy brunch of 2 portobello mushrooms with baked beans and cheese. It was so good I practically licked the plate!

I was going to the cinema (Ghostbusters is awesome!) and worried about breaking the diet with the sharing of popcorn and chocolate that usually happens, so I had a small dinner beforehand of avocado and smoked salmon. I brought the other half of my marshmallow bar from yesterday in my bag, just in case I was overcome with the need for sugar, but I miraculously did not need it! I was so surprised and happy and proud of myself.

I have come home and made a cup of peppermint tea and have had a handful of raspberries as a treat.

Total kcal: 797, carbs 57.2g
    Steps just under 6000

I think I will need to be stricter with myself with carbs next week, as I know the best results happen when you keep it under 50.

on

Thanks Penny, I had a good Day 6 (Saturday) too.

Iโ€™ve been dreading the weekend โ€“ simply because I normally find that is the time that I tend to over-indulge or give up.
    However, I stuck with it and I am so proud of myself.

Breakfast: 2 Boiled Eggs with 50g Avocado
    Lunch: M&S Chicken Salad
    Dinner: 100g Greek Yogurt with 10g Liziโ€™s Low Sugar Granola (just for the โ€˜crunchโ€™)
    Snacks: 35g Cashews and a handful of Cherries

Total: 850 calories, 52g carbs
    Steps: 5,991

• posted by pennyrua
    on

I worried about the weekend too! Well done for sticking with it, it certain;y wasn’t easy!

Today was a challenge as I craved something sweet, but I kept the thought in my head that tomorrow is weigh in day and stuck it out!

I had a small breakfast of raspberries, followed by a brunch of mushrooms, beans and cheese (feta this time).

For dinner I had more of the homemade bean burgers (from the book) and added half an avocado.

My carb count is higher than I wanted, but is offset by the protein and fibre.

Total kcal: 762, carbs: 90.8g
    Steps: 7000+

Excited/nervous for weigh in tomorrow!

on

That’s fab Penny, well done.
    Well, unfortunately I caved in today and had an ice-cream. I’m quite disappointed with myself, as I wasn’t really craving it. I was just hot and ice cream was available. However, on the positive side, this is the longest I’ve stuck to a diet. And certainly the longest I’ve been without cake, chocolate or sugar!

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt with 10g Granola
    Lunch: Nothing
    Dinner 200g Caribbean Chicken Drumsticks with 50g Avocado
    Snacks: Ice cream, Cherries and handful of cashews.

Total: 1148 Calories, 61g Carbs
    Steps: 3,681

Lessons Learned:
    I can do this!
    Plan meals ahead

Things to Improve:
    Increase steps per day
    Reduce Carbs
    Increase water intake

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Pennyrua and reversing_prediabetes,
    Welcome to the forum!!
    You’ve just made the best decision of you life if you want to get yourself healthy!
    Some tips from someone who is 13 weeks in and has lost over 19kg if I may be so bold?

Drinks lots of no calorie fluids, at least 2-3 litres per day, this is essential.
    Most of mine comes from herbal teas.

Don’t eat ‘low fat’ or ‘lite’ anything as it’s loaded with sugar and don’t be afraid of fat either on your meat or with things like nuts and avocados, although take note of how many nuts you eat, they can easily add up.

Download an app that will help you keep track of your calories, carbs, sugars and proteins and try and restrict yourself to no more that 50g of complex carbs per day. A lot of us keep it well under that. I use EasyDietDiary.

Avoid all ‘simple’ carbs completely, no potato, pasta, white rice, bread etc.

Walk at least 10,000 steps per day. It’s winter here in Australia and I still get up at 6am and walk before I go to work. Yes, it’s cold when I head off and I’d rather stay under the covers, but my desire to lose weight and be healthy is greater.

Keep away from alcohol for the 8 weeks if you can, not only does it take away from the food you can eat for the day, but it lessons your willpower to avoid things you shouldn’t eat.

Some fruits are particularly high in sugars, ie grapes and pineapple, berries are good, but even the humble Apple is loaded!

Keep posting on or at least reading the forum, it really does help!

I look forward to reading about your journeys. Keep it up! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Cheers
    Linda

on

Hi Linda, many thanks for your advice. It’s truly appreciated. And well done on the fantastic weight loss!
    Yes, I’d like to increase my daily steps – especially at the weekend when I barely make 3,000!! And my water intake needs improving – although it’s a massive improvement on the amount of water I used to drink!
    Maybe I’ll wake up a bit earlier and get my steps in before the day ‘starts’ – especially at the weekend.

Today I’m feeling optimistic. I’ve lost 5lbs in my first week, just from the diet alone. This week I plan to add exercise.
    I’ll report back this evening on what I’ve eaten.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi reversing_prediabetes
    Well done on the 5lbs, that’s a great start, you’re on your way!
    I forgot to mention the ‘carb flu’ or withdrawals that you might get – headaches, aches & pains etc. this will go, just drinks more water and fight the urge to give in as it won’t last long and when you’re on the other side, so to speak, the cravings will virtually be gone.
    Have a great Monday๐Ÿ˜Š
    Linda

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Wow reversing_prediabetes, that’s brilliant!

Thank you Linda – it’s excellent advice and I think I know what you mean about the ‘carb flu’. I am really motivated at the moment, with this forum and supportive colleagues at work, so I feel very lucky and in the right frame of mind.

It helps that this morning I weighed in and I have lost 9.5lbs! I am ecstatic! I have always struggled with my weight and to lose this much in a week – it feels unreal!

My diary for today:
    Breakfast: my happy staple of yogurt and blueberries
    Lunch: mixed salad, tinned tuna and a mini babybel cheese
    afternoon snack: raspberries
    Dinner: 2 egg omelette with mushrooms, onion, and halloumi

Total kcal: 816, Carbs 37.5g
    Total steps: 11800
    6 reps of squats and lunges

I didn’t quite manage the 10k steps everyday last week, so that’s my target for this week, along with keeping my carbs under 50g.

I haven’t been measuring my water intake, but I have always been a big water drinker and usually have around 2-3 litres a day – but that’s probably something I should keep track of as well.

Such a great day!

on

Hi Penny
    9.5lbs!!! Now that is fantastic!
    You must be so pleased. It’s definitely working and that must be so motivating.

I went to the gym this morning and I’m hoping that will give me a good loss this week. Plus I need to ensure that I don’t get complacent with the good loss that I’ve achieved.

Today’s intake:
    Lunch: Salmon with Salad and a ‘dollop’ of coleslaw
    Dinner: 150g Caribbean Chicken Drumsticks

Total: 810 calories, 20g carbs
    Steps: 13,679
    Active Minutes: 62

on

Today’s weather has been fab, and definitely makes it easier to stick with the diet.

So today (day 9), I had:

Lunch: M&S Harissa Chicken with Couscous
    Dinner: Pork Ribs
    Total: 870 calories, 39g carbs
    Steps: 10,865
    Active Minutes: 56

Still feeling OK. It’s been tough at times, but certainly not as difficult as I expected.
    Still working on increasing my water intake.

• posted by pennyrua
    on

So glad you had a good day! I managed to keep to it despite some really strong sugar cravings (I had hoped I was over the worst of them!)

Very similar food to yesterday,
    Breakfast: yogurt and blueberries
    Lunch: mixed salad, a salmon filet and a mini babybel cheese
    afternoon snack: raspberries
    Dinner: 2 egg omelette with mushrooms, onion, and halloumi
    Total kcal: 780, Carbs 35.7g
    Total steps: 9000

I didn’t quite make the 10k steps but it was so hot I had to come back inside before I melted!

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Day 10 went well, even though I seem to be in the midst of a mood swing that’s put me off my stride a bit.

Breakfast: yogurt and blueberries
    Lunch: bit of a mixed plate today; some chicken, a salmon filet and a mini babybel cheese
    Dinner: 2 sushi nori sheets with avocado, smoked salmon, cucumber and a small amount of tamari (gluten free soy sauce) Very yummy and super low carb.
    Total kcal: 750, Carbs 28.7g
    Total steps: 10000

Out to lunch with a friend tomorrow so will have to be extra careful!

on

Hi Penny, Day 10 went well for me too.
    I managed to stay away from the doughnuts and treats all day. So very proud of myself!

Lunch: Chicken Breast Salad
    Dinner: 175g Chicken Legs

Total: 780 calories, 20g carbs
    Steps: 11,058
    Active Minutes: 40

• posted by Figment
    on

Hi all
    I was so enjoying reading this that I got to the end before I knew it. Your doing great. I only wish I liked yoghurt would make life so much more simple.
    I don’t know how you can refrain from weighing yourself all the time I find I need that reassurance but probably not doing me any good. Keep up the good work
    Regards fig

on

Hi Figment – welcome!!
    I’m glad you’re enjoying reading our diaries.
    I can’t belive I’ve managed to complete Day 11 and again resisted indulging at a ‘tea and cakes’ meeting.
    I do not recognise myself!!

So today, I ate:

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt with Strawberries and a few walnuts
    Lunch: Chicken Breast Salad
    Dinner: Scrambled Eggs with Sardines

Total: 880 calories, 40g carbs
    Steps: 14,909
    Active Minutes: 100

Looking forward to reading how you got on today Penny.

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Hi Fig, glad you liked our posts. I’m pretty proud of us!

Wow, reversing, that’s a lot of steps! Well done! I can’t believe we’re on day 11 already.

Breakfast was yogurt and blueberries
    Lunch was a Le Pain Quotidian lentil and avocado salad with chicken (thank goodness they put their menu and calories online)
    Which left me with just enough calories for a boiled egg for dinner and a square of dark chocolate for supper.

Total kcal 804, Carbs 23.6g
    Steps 10008

I found going to a cafe today quite difficult as I was very tempted by all the treats, but I managed somehow. I’ve also been craving a cold soft drink since it’s been so hot.

On to day 12!

on

Day 12 completed ๐Ÿ™‚

Breakfast: Handful of Almonds
    Lunch: M&S King Prawn and Rice Salad
    Dinner: Hot & Spicy Wings

Total: 850 calories, 30g carbs

Steps: 12,076
    Active Minutes: 67

I think I’m doing OK, but worried about some of the wings, chicken etc. that I’m eating – as I’m sure they’ll all have sugar – but not sure how much I’m eating!

Plus I’m still struggling with my water intake – am nowhere near the recommended 2L.

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Day 12 was not a great success unfortunately.

It started great,
    Breakfast yogurt and blueberries
    Lunch was a butter bean and tomato pot with some chicken

Then it all went wrong (dramatic face). I couldn’t do my planned walk because it was raining, and I was feeling quite blue so I blew the diet completely and had a large chicken caesar salad and a mini magnum ice-cream.
    It was glorious and I enjoyed it immensely!

I’m not feeling too guilty about it. I think I need to recalibrate and start again from tomorrow.
    I haven’t added the ice-cream to my totals as I just can’t face it! But without the magnum my totals were:
    Kcal 944, Carbs 58.3g
    Steps around 6k

I hope your day was more successful!

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Hello Magnum Ice Cream Eater:

You just rewarded yourself. Good for you. I did the same this morning munching 3 ounces of swiss cheese. Shouldn’t have eaten it, but had to go to the first day of races. Saratoga Raceway (3 hours north of NYC) had opening day. It is a tradition in my family to go to opening day.

It is my 3rd day today. You do the next day; I shall do the same. Keep it up.

Since you are Irish:

How do I make stuffed cabbage if I do not use white rice? Trying to think of a way to make it. I have not had that in a while. Tomorrow I might do pancakes since I have not had them niether in a while. Almond flour of course.

My personal KRYPTONITE is milk and cheese or anything dairy. Oh yeh, NYC’s Junior’s Cheesecake! Think of it as NYC’s St. John’s Custard Donut! Crab donuts too I ate in London.

I am making myself hungry now! ๐Ÿ™

Need to watch an Arsenal game to get my mind off food! LOL Also Chelsea!

Cheers,

Daniel

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Thank you Daniel! Yes, I definitely needed the treat, the problem has been stopping!

I forgot to post yesterday but it was okay. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to cook chili on the hottest weekend of the year. So smart! It was yummy and so hard not to eat all of it.

My totals were:
    Saturday kcal 922, Carbs 74.2g
    Today kcal 802, Carbs 57g

Bit of a mixed weekend but hoping it doesn’t affect the weigh in tomorrow too terribly.

Hope you have had a good weekend, reversing. On to another week!

on

Hi Penny,
    I’ve had a fab weekend thanks – but totally off plan.
    I’m too ashamed to write what I’ve eaten, but I will not dwell on it. I’m going to act like it didn’t happen and give the coming week 100%.

I shall stick to less than 50g carbs; maximum of 800 calories; no less than 10,000 steps per day and use the gym 3 times this week. Oh, and a minimum of 1.5L of water per day. Sounds difficult, but the fact is, I know that it can be done, as I’ve done it before ๐Ÿ™‚

Looking forward to week 3.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That’s it Penny, straight back on track. Wasting time beating yourself up, is not going to change the past or help you drop those pounds! Love the positivity and look forward to reading some great results from you soon.

on

Hi Penny, hope today went well.
    I managed to get back on track, after a weekend of indulgence – which is a first for me!
    I went to the gym this morning – for approx. 40 mins and ate te following:

Breakfast: Handful of Almonds
    Lunch: M&S Spiced Chicken with Quinoa & Rice
    Dinner: Chicken Thigh
    Snack: Nectarine

Total: 600 calories, 33g carbs

Steps: 11,769
    Active Minutes: 69

Not bad ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Did OK today, but plenty of room for improvement!
    Since I eat mainly the same things each day, I’ll just provide a summary:-

Total: 748 calories, 45g carbs
    Steps: 10,502
    Active Minutes: 39

Hope you’re well Penny.

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Hello!

I found it quite tricky to get back on track, but managed it today thankfully. I was disappointed that I only lost 2lb when I weighed myself on Monday. Any other time I’d think that was great, but it was a big change from week 1, especially since I didn’t feel like I had overdone it too much.

Yesterday’s totals : 852 kcal, 46.2g carbs
    Today: 742 kcal, 38.6g carbs

Both days I’ve managed my 10k steps as well.

My mood has been all over the place as well, which hasn’t helped! I feel like I had a good day today, so I am determined to keep momentum for the rest of the week. Thank you for your support!x

on

Today was OK, but I just couldn’t drink any water – I struggled to get 500ml in.

Total: 822 calories, 61g carbs
    Water: 0.5L
    Steps: 12,101
    Active Minutes: 46

I had a sneaky check on the scales – and I seem to have only lost 2lbs too.
    I’ve noticed that I get discouraged when I do not lose a substantial amount: so I may decide not to weigh until I go on holiday on 14th August.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Good day, reversing pre diabetes, but your weight needs that water to start melting away.

Can you think of ways to drink the amount you need? Sipping water rather than drinking lots at one go? Try warm water, water with a little lemon in it, fizzy water? Fruit or herbal tea? (Ginger is my preferred)

You need to try to see how you can do it -!it really really helps.

Any other ideas, anyone, to help?

on

Hi Igorasusual,
    Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I think I may try a few cups of herbal tea in the mornings and sip water throughout the day.

• posted by Frog
    on

I find I drink a lot more if I have fizzy water – also I have phases of using robinsons squash with no added sugar – mostly lemon, but my current favourite if lemon and pink grapefruit.
    I nearly always have water when I have a hot drink too – probably about twice as much water as tea.
    Over the weeks I have increased the amount of water I drink quite considerably – probably helped by the hot weather, but set yourself targets to increase the amount gradually – but as Ingorasual says, until you up your water intake, the weight is unlikely to start shifting – I had quite a long weight plateau from about day five – focusing on more water was key in getting weight loss to kick in.

good luck with it

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Glad to see some really good suggestions for water intake. I’ve been adding fresh line juice to fizzy water and ice.
    I found Heck sausages in my local tesco so had them for lunch and for dinner! Low calories but high carbs.
    Kcal 660, 82.3g
    Hardly any steps today as I signed up for Netflix (such a bad idea!).

• posted by Jillf
    on

I bought myself a nice glass just for the water each day (I am desk based). I put slices of fresh lemon and lime in the freezer and add those to fizzy water. Great tip for cooling G&t without ice cubes too!
    Jill

on

Many thanks for all the practical suggestions for upping my water intake.
    So, today’s summary:

Total: 870 calories, 53g carbs
    Water: 0.5L
    Steps: 10,276
    Active Minutes: 44

Calories and carbs crept up today!!

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Had a great walk today, but wasn’t great with the carbs. It’s tricky, isn’t it?!

My totals for today are:
    Kcal 849, Carbs 66.3g
    12088 Steps

On another note, i wonder if others are having odd conversations with friends. I’ve a couple of very slim friends and they are being very supportive (which is great) but giving me tips and advice that don’t seem to be particularly healthy, and are even a bit concerning. Just wondering if it’s just me?

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Totally forgot to check in yesterday! I had a bit of a disaster. I bought a rotisserie chicken from tesco and it made me quite ill, so I didn’t have anything in the evening.

Kcal 614, Carbs 5g
    Hardly any steps as I couldn’t leave the house..!

Hope all is well with ye!xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Penny – just a thought. Lots of the pre-cooked chickens from supermarkets are cooked with a sugar glaze. I wonder if that’s why it made you ill. Hope you feel better.

Please log in or register to post a reply.