over Half way through

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Big bear
    on

Hi All,

I have been silently doing the BSD for 5 weeks now and I must say the results for me in the first three weeks were dramatic loosing over 1.5 stone. For the last two weeks I have not lost any weight at all and some days even though I have maintained under 800 calories I have put a very small amount of weight on and had a bad stomach.

I have decided to take the decisions out of calculating food calories and carbs by going on a seven day shake meal replacement. I have been doing the shakes two meals a day plus a 300 calorie evening meal for the last week whilst swimming 30 mins three times a week but it has not worked.

Has anyone else found that weight loss slows down this significantly for two weeks and are their any tips for getting the weight loss going again? I am worried whether I have inadvertently consumed less than 800 calories and my body has gone into storage mode.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, I would say don’t give up. I had a 2 week stop proably around the same time and was ready to go on a binge when someone here said not to and I listened, a couple of days later I lost a couple of pounds and a steady loss since. I remember thinking how can I not be losing on 800 calories, didn’t seem possible. Your body seems to want to hang on to the fat, also, you may be losing internal fat or you may also be losing inches. Did you measure yourself at the start.

Keep on keeping on.

• posted by Big bear
    on

Didn’t really measure myself but I have definitely lost inches around my belly and dropped several clothes sizes. It’s great that the results were so dramatic so quickly and I guess it had to end somewhere but it so disconcerting when the loss stops and there is little you can do about it. I tried increasing the excercise but there is only so much one can do on 800 calories.

I will keep with it for the 8 weeks and hopefully past that. I don’t mind the hard work if it means I reduce the risk of diabetes and other nasties but it is hard to know that you are completely doing the right thing and portioning food correctly.

I also have found that the calorie and carbs bit is not too bad but it is disgraceful how much sugar and fructose/sweeteners are in things, even in meal replacement shakes it is nearly impossible to get completely away from the stuff.

Please log in or register to post a reply.