Oops a blip…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Twinnama32
    on

So I’m on day 13 and I’ve been very good at sticking to the rules and as a result I’ve lost 9Ibs which I’m extremely proud of. Today however I went to a party and ended up eating a bit of dessert ( fraction of what I’d normally have eaten!) and a glass of prosecco and tonic water. I feel sooooo guilty, like I’ve totally blown it now 🙁 what’s worse is I’m now CRAVING a takeaway curry too.
    Have I blown it? (And can I have curry minus rice and just mark today down as a very.bad.day…?!)
    The only good thing to come out of the whole debacle is I really disliked the dessert (pavlova which is normally a fav) the meringue was too sweet, it tasted nasty as did the tonic; everything tasted sweetened which makes me realise how much I’ve gotten used to not having it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Drink a litre of water!!!! If you still fancy the curry fine just don’t have the rice!!!’

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

You haven’t blown it, just tested the new boundaries of this way of eating. Even if the curry takes you over your calories, just go with it, tomorrow is another day. You may even get visited by some of the reminders from your digestive system that it prefers your usual way of eating that some others have reported. The water is a good suggestion, try it first, and you may no longer feel like the curry.

• posted by Twinnama32
    on

Ok I’m on it, I’ve just started drinking lots of water so I’m hoping I can ignore the curry craving. Def no more carbs for me tonight! So annoyed, been out for two meals since starting and the cinema twice and its been no problem, not tempted at all One blasted small glass of prosecco and I blow it, totally not worth especially as I didn’t enjoy the ‘feast’, what a waste!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

No no you havent blown it! Just learnt a good lesson..coz you will think twice before you do it again …and you have noticed sweet doesnt taste that good any more..it just tastes too sweet!

all it was,it was a blip like you said!

Just pick yrself up tomorrow and carry on ..put that behind you. I know how you feel..i had an all or nothing attitude to dieting all my adult life,and it has meant i am still struggling to lose and keep off weight…
    coz so many times after a small slip i have decided,oh Ive spoilt it now! And abandoned the whole thing. Could be many weeks before ive had the heart to start again and in the meantime i’ll have regained the lost pounds and prob added a bit more weight..
    I am learning now that All or nothing doesnt allow for us just being human ..as mere humans we’re influenced by so many things around eating,some of which we are only barely aware of.
    Every day is a new day,do yr best each day,if you slip ( and look round the threads here – the times folk slip up but then continue to lose! ) just jump back on yr horse or yr wagon,whichever form you prefer! You did the right thing callaing in here for help…There’s always someone around who will try to get you thru any problems. X

• posted by Avila
    on

I have found most of my stumbles have revealed that I didn’t actually enjoy what I had been missing. And looking back I would crave something sweet and then after the first hit would just keep eating out of habit rather than actual enjoyment.

Of course there are a few things that continue to truly entice me. But that is so much less than the threats I thought I had – and sometimes only realise it though having a blip and realising something did not have the power I thought it had.

• posted by Twinnama32
    on

Thanks all!
    I’ve avoided the curry and eaten something a lot healthier. Very high calorie day today but I’m chalking it down as experience and I’ll carry on tomorrow,

Thanks for the boost, it really helped 😊

Please log in or register to post a reply.