ONWARDS INTO OCTOBER : ONE WEEK AT A TIME BEGINNING 18TH OCTOBER 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, unfortunately Wendy is suffering the consequences of tomorrows French rail strike and is taking a very slow train home after travelling to Bordeaux. Wendy, you could have stay with us.

Anyway, I am here to set up a new week where we cast aside the failings of last week – especially for me – or you can share your successes and motivate others to do the same. Whatever stage you are at there is always someone here who has been there and done that. We had a slow start last week so lets pick up the pace and get off to a tremendous new week.

Wendy/Sunshine/Sunny

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Thank you Sunshine – poor Wendy. Travel plans haven’t gone her way lately!
    A sunny day expected here today so out into the garden to pull weeds. But there is still severe flooding in the northern parts of my state.
    I made a chicken and chickpea curry yesterday and that will be my main meal the next 3 nights. I just mix it up with different veggies. I also made some chia puddings – so when I got home last night I had one of those, with a few blueberries – and that stopped further snaxidents!
    And a shout out to Tulip – I did say at the beginning of the month that I would have a wine free month – and that hasn’t happened! But we will power on and do what we do as best as we can.
    ๐ŸŒบ

on

Well I really dont know what to say today. I have had a disaster with weight so I decided to check measurements and all are UP. Here is a synopsis of weight starting from Tuesday 4th
    4th – 74.2 5th – 74.1 6th -74 7th – 73.9 8th – 73 (that might be a clue) 9th – 72.8 10th – 72.7
    11th – 72.8 12th – 72.4 13th – 72.2 14th – 72.1 15th 72.2 16th 72.5 17th – 72.8 18th – 72.9
    today 73.

I am at a total loss as I have been 100% strict, no white carbs, no alcohol and swimming on 9 of those days. Help – and I don’t go with the building muscle theory, I don’t have a single muscle anywhere. There was a big drop on the 8th of 0.9kg and then a steady loss down to 72.1 on the 14th so maybe that was a fluke and I am back to where I should have been. Daughter said to reset scales which I have done and they are exactly the same.

Not giving up, I know I haven’t cheated (hate that word) so I also know I must lose at some point. I am still 3.5lbs down from when I said lose 14lbs in 14 weeks but not good enough. Heeelp.

• posted by florob85
    on

Retaining fluid from the heat sunshine girl? Or possibly retaining fluid where youโ€™ve been swimming – hear me out, not that youโ€™re building muscle (I agree, itโ€™s much too quick for that to be the reason) but when you exercise it causes micro trauma and tears to the muscle fibres, and to heal, they recruit loads of water to them so you do tend to retain water a bit for a while.

Or could just be hormone fluctuations – they still happen after menopause

L

• posted by chocolatemonster
    on

Ah sorry sunshine-girl – I’m right there with you…have put so much effort in, only to see the scales go in the wrong direction myself. I suspect mine might be a hormonal fluctuation – I have found in the past that I can gain/lose almost 1kg each month regardless of any diet/exercise. I’m crossing my fingers that’s the case at least! I can’t keep up such an effort without any results, so I have gone down to the 5:2, rather than fast 800. Still meal planning, eating balanced meals and starting back to exercise after flaring up an old hip injury. Perhaps this week it’ll turn around…
    Merry Melba chia puddings sound good!

on

Thanks flobo and Chocolate. Even though I dont have periods (more than 20 years now) I do still get bloated around the 15th of the month and it can last for a few days. I am hoping that is what it is but I have never seen such a dramatic drop (by nearly a kilo) and then a steep rise. I never give up so will KOKO.

on

I discount the muscle theory because I normally swim every day, I am not a good swimmer and do a leisurely breast stroke usually covering 1 kilometer in 30 mins. So it is not a change for me. I can see the bloating when I take my measurements – gained about 1 inch over each section – bust, waist, midriff – then I stopped as I was so p—-ed.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All,
    Well- I am finally back on it- The Obesity Code has really inspired me ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thank you everyone for your unswerving support,
    Love Tulip xxx

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Here’s a recipe for you Chocolatemonster – and it has choc in it ๐Ÿ™‚
    https://thebloodsugardiet.com/recipes/chocolate-and-raspberry-chia-pudding/
    I triple this and make 3 at a time. Leave it in the bigger bowl for about 15-20 mins in the fridge till it starts to thicken, then stir up and divide into 3 little bowls. Otherwise I found the chia seeds all sank to the bottom.
    I add some vanilla essence, cinnamon, nutmeg etc for extra flavour.
    I’ve used coconut milk and hazelnut milk – all will work.
    A tasty little something to have at the end of a meal.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

that sounds nice, Merry!

• posted by chocolatemonster
    on

Oh fantastic thanks! I admit I tried to make one last night (without the recipe), added FAR too much cocoa and its mostly inedible. I’ll try to rescue it with frozen berries. Next time, I’ll try yours!

In better news, the scales have finally begun to tip downwards again – it’s SO much easier to keep going when you see results!

on

Hi all, Merry, I am going to try chia pudding as I had it at a friends. Chia and coconut – delicious.

Chocolatemonster, glad things are moving for you. I had a very small downward blip so takes me back into the 72’s. KOKO. Anyone else out there struggling, even oldies like me can find it difficult and need support from time to time.

Weather here is still very warm and I am going to go for a swim soon.

on

Hi all, my weight is starting to drop and I am back down to 72.5. Gives me the motivation to keep going.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

yay, good job SG…My weight is also dropping now I am on low carb, relatively low cal and mild TRE.

Hope everyone’s ok ๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ˜š

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ( at last !)
    Blinkin eck , Bordeaux just does NOT work for us as each time we go we have to manage travel disruption whether it be on the trains, or late flights !! We will stick to Toulouse in the future .

My weeks are busy as I have to slot in hubby’s physio appointments around my commitments and pray I have enough petrol to get me there ! It’s improving here but it was stressy for a time .
    By the way stress is really bad for managing weight loss but you all probably know that .

Interesting week while my brother was here .He was helping out on a recovery, wellness type retreat and we were invited to lunch on the first day . The food was vegan with a chickpea dish, lightly fermented veg, greens and grains . It was delicious and felt very ‘clean’ .I hadn’t eaten chickpeas and grain for years and I was surprised how full it made me feel even a small portion . I do think it’s good to mix things up a bit sometimes

I like the idea of your chia pudding Merry. I like hemp hearts too , a nice nutty taste and good for you.
    I am doing lots of soups at the moment and adding good amounts of spinach and parsley at the end so my soups are bright green !

SG you are doing everything right so don’t worry , it will all balance out. Thank you for always being there to step in when I am stuck ! You are a star xx

Sorry I haven’t been on the forum much but I’m not going anywhere till December now , phew !
    I am thinking of you all, especially absent friends of the thread . Tulip/Clare, glad you are back on track .It really is important to be in the right head space for this to work .I have been guilty of complacency/ self sabotage and don’t really understand why at times. Reading and reinforcing the good sense and science definitely does help. All the best to you xx

Keep going chocolatemonster , glad you are finding the thread helpful and supportive .

Always thinking of you Lauren ( florob85 ) xx
    Wendy xxx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

hooray Wendy- glad you made it home x

Why doesn’t Myfitnesspal get up to date with 800 cal programmes? It won’t let you ‘complete diary’ if it’s under 1000 cal…..eye rolls ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

xx

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Hello BSD friends…. like Tulip…. I’m back!! And I am convinced I’m not just “trying” any more. I stood on the scales yesterday, shocked myself out of denial and back to reality. Weight is right up, energy levels right down, skin not good….. all the stuff i know but i was pretending werent a thing. So here I am, on day 2 and totally focused. I AM doing this!! And I am excited about it again. I know getting through the first week will be the challenge so i will post here every day just to keep myself going.
    Oh and 3.5lbs off in 24hrs, this will all be water weight as i detox but its the reminder i needed that this does work!!

So grateful you are still here Wendy, SG & sunny keeping the threads and conversation going. I know folks are going through some challenges and ive been thinking about you. Life can be tough and it certainly doesnt help the self care and healthy lifestyle…. thats ok, and love that no one here judges.

tulip – i use fat secret….. liked it better than myfitnesspal. its let me set 800 cals…..

Have a good monday folks

Julz

• posted by wendleg
    on

Time for the new thread folks !

• posted by Tulip1
    on

yay, go Windy!

I’m such a creature of habit tho…..would I change from MFP?…..I’m not sure!!

xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.