Onwards into March ! One week at a time beginning 21st March 2023

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well we have been focusing on our WHY , now we have to to keep it constantly in the forefront and stay motivated , whatever our reasons for choosing this way of eating .

Hopefully our nw members have found some support and useful advice .Ask any questions you want !

If health issues are hindering you , just do your best, one day at a time .

Don’t be discouraged by ‘small losses’ , think long term

We are approaching the end of March , everything is growing .My yoga teacher this morning said today is the Spring Equinox, the optimal time for cleansing and detox . We will be yearning for greens,salads and freshness !

Here in France you often see fresh birch sap in the health food shops . It is supposed to be full of goodness and has detoxifying properties .It is also very expensive !!

Have a good week everyone !

Wendy, sunshine-girl and SunnyB

• posted by Verano
    on

Thank you all for once again posting a new thread.
    I’m ‘here’ but ‘away’ so won’t be adding much.
    But I do hope this week is a successful one for everybody.
    It’s almost April!
    So as sunshine-girl says we just have to keep on keeping on …………….

• posted by arcticfox
    on

I’m definitely keeping on keeping on this week. Further confirmation that I’ve gone down a size today when I pulled out my lighter weight overalls for evening chores and discovered that they are verging on being too big. They will still work for now and they are an in-demand brand here among farmers that are only available from the US. I bought them for 60% off regular price, so if they get any looser I should be able to sell them for a good price and buy myself a new pair!
    Speaking of greens and salad, Wendy, I discovered yesterday that some of my little spinach plants survived the whole winter with just the layers of snow for protection and temps down to -40 C, and are looking better than even the kale. They are suffering a bit in the cold nights now that the snow is gone, but hopefully will perk up and start growing once things get a bit warmer. They should have a jump start on the ones that I’ve started indoors for planting out in a few weeks.
    My dad taps his maple tree every year, but he boils it down for maple syrup. Syruping season was very early this year as it started in February and is over now.
    I picked up some cook books from the library to try to get some fresh inspiration for spring meals. I’m definitely ready to move on from soups, stews and curries.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you for continuing this thread Wendy & wow arcticfox how wonderful going down a size! 👏👏
    My Mothers Day was very enjoyable with our meal at a Turkish restaurant where the food & wine were very good. Our son has decided to stay a couple more nights with us & although is working on his laptop I thinks is enjoying our company & having his meals provided because he lives alone & works from home. As usual I have gone up a couple of pounds in weight eating away from low carb, so this week will have to do a couple of longer fasts to try to get back on track. It’s a continuing mental struggle of meal planning & monitoring eating etc & at times a bit demolishing but I accept now that this has to be a change of lifestyle now just about forever even when or if I can get to my goal weight. My body very obviously prefers low carb eating with sleeping better, despite spending pennies through the night, and not getting at all hungry.
    Oh well onwards everyone 👍🍀🍀
    Margaret

• posted by RubyG
    on

Morning all, I’m still here too.
    Continuing the TRE Mon-Thu every week for a couple of weeks now and the weight is starting to go down again, and I can feel it in my belt 🙂
    I am and always have been pear-shaped, but I also seem to store my fat on my upper arms as well as thighs, hips and bum. I bought a lovely summer top at the charity shop last week, a size 14 which should be do-able, and the sleeves are tiny – if I did manage to get the top on I would pop the seams at the first sign of movement, so I’m really disappointed. I’m hoping that the stone I want to lose will come off the places that need it.
    Hubby is also trying to shed the last of his Christmas weight to get back into his summer biking gear, so has stopped the in-between meals snacks (insulin levels remaining high?) and upped his water intake. To compensate, I have upped his cals a bit for his 3 meals a day, but he is a tad grumpy 😉
    I too am looking forward to some more summer-type veg and some sunshine would be nice too!
    Have a good equinox and good week all.

• posted by happysnap
    on

Hi and thanks for the new thread!

Thanks for all the replies to my previous post. I think I am doing OK with eating the right stuff- I think I’m just unsure about macronutrients- ie, how much to be eating of each and actually how much of each is in any food.

Re the fasting, my 24 hour attempt ended, once again, at 18 hours. Thank you for reassuring me that at this point I shouldn’t even be attempting longer than that! I find till 18 hours I am fine, and suddenly I am ravenous and would eat the first thing in sight… so for now I accept my limitation at 18 hours which I will still do 2-3 times a week, otherwise I am sticking to 16:8 which I find easy and enjoyable.

Whoever mentioned fasting and diabetes, thankfully I don’t have diabetes- my BS was in the pre-diabetes level prior to starting, but I am pretty sure it has gone back down to normal now as my symptoms have all gone.
    The problem is that I haven’t managed to shift any weight at all this week- I am hovering at the same mark since Friday and I’m not sure what i’m doing wrong! I’ve switched all my diet sodas to plain hot or cold water. I’m not a coffee or tea fan. No sugar, flour, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc. Lots of healthy veggies in salads, smoked salmon, chicken, turkey, nuts, cheese etc. I really think I am sticking to the rules so I am very confused why I am not losing at all.

On the other hand, I am definitely seeing and feeling it in my clothes and waistbands that I am losing!!

• posted by Scojos
    on

Good morning I am here too!
    Started my mental health councilling yesterday and have requested some help dealing with my need to eat whenever I’m sad/happy/anxious whatever.
    Food has always been used as a reward so hopefully I can get over this mindset.
    I made a playsuit but in the time it took to make it (about a week) I ve dropped a few cm which means I should have made smaller size…
    Struggling with leg cramps so have added a multi vitamin into daily routine as per MM advice.
    Thanks for starting this thread keeps me sane 😉

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi, I am in for another week. Thank you Wendy.

Arctic you are always so busy and so outdoorsy. I love my little patch but only when it is warm enough. I hope to get out next week and do some herb cuttings, my rosemary and sage are almost trees so I need fresh shoots. Currently getting round to the housework men don’t see. Just done half of the cupboard doors in the kitchen. Asked hubby if he could see the difference and no, he wouldn’t have even noticed. Will do some more on another day.
    RubyG glad you are still with us and hubby is still cracking on with. How is his diabetes.
    Wendy1947 glad you enjoyed your meal, life is for living. There are more ways diets can be good for us besides what we see on the scales so sleeping better is just one.
    Happysnap, same applies to you, not all benefits show on the scales and your clothes are the evidence. When I talked about diabetes and fasting I purposely didnt include pre-diabetes as the effects of going without food are not the same. A pre-diabetic can be called ‘not diabetic yet’ so your body is not going into serious danger zones with fasting but, even Wendy mentioned we might feel unwell or weak when fasting and that can happen to anyone who is hungry.
    Scojos, glad you are getting some help. I dont have an issue with food but I do like to celebrate with a glass of wine or two when I am happy but also have a couple when I am down – they are the couple I shouldn’t have. If you have been on the diet for around 3 weeks that is the time when your body says ‘hey whats going on here’ and tries to hold onto what it has. It will get used to the diet and start to let go again and you will lose weight. This is the time when most people give up but it is not the time.
    Leg cramps – now that is my speciality and you will think I am barking mad but there are more people on here who can testify to my ‘cure’. A small piece of soap in the bed at night, about the size you get from a hotel stay. It is supposed to de-ionize the caught atmosphere under the bedding. Also, a touch of salt each day, just a dab on the finger. I have had boiled eggs for breakfast with a small amount of salt.
    My weight this week is at my 3 week level at a loss of 3lbs when I should be 4lbs down but I am sure I will catch up after this weekend. Also adding in more exercise should help. Not quite ready yet but the pool is warming up.

Have a good week and keep on keeping on…

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hi S-G, hubby was initially pre-diabetic, so he (we) caught it in time, which is a good thing. For 2 years now he has maintained an HbA1c of 33 (UK units) which I believe is equivalent to 5.7 in your language, which is great BUT after reading The Obesity Code his occasional snacks had started to blend into grazing, which would be keeping his insulin levels high (but glucose levels under control due to low carb).
    This week snacks are banned and I am upping his portion sizes a bit with slightly higher cals, so he should be going through a cycle of feeling full and then insulin dropping again between meals – we’ll see what the scales say on Friday.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just dropping in to say I’m in for another week too. Please excuse my not commenting on everyone’s posts, but well done to all those who are seeing progress and commiserations to those struggling.

My progress week on week was woeful at just 0.5lb down, but sticking with it. Will finish an extended fast this evening and will start another after lunching with GS tomorrow.

We all know that this WOE works, all we need to do is stick with it and it will eventually come right. Hope you all have a good week with good BSD eating.

• posted by JGwen
    on

hi HappySnap.
    A couple of points that may help you. I use the fatsecret app on my mobile phone. If you enter what you are thinking of eating before you have it then it helps you judge the impact on your carb, fat and protein intake. – The bad bacteria in your gut are able to signal to your brain that they want feeding, but they are the ones that die off if you keep the carbs down so in time they are easier to ignore. Lots of people struggle between the 18 and 26 hour point in a fast because that is the point when your body is switching over to fat burning from carb burning, the trick is to time the start of your fast so that you are asleep at the point you struggle. It does get easier. Finally the scale is not a good way of monitoring progress. – When insulin levels are low it does not only allow your body to access your fat stores it also allows the growth hormone system to work repairing damage and strengthening the body, stronger bones and muscles weigh more but take up less space so you may have periods of no changes on the scales but changes in measurement.

I have changed over to doing 2 x 2 day fasts a week. by timing it so that its 3 nights but 2 days that will give me a little time with the lowest level of insulin, but should maximise weight loss and autophagy. I have achieved a small improvement with the tape measure readings this week. I am more heartened by a discussion I had with the GP last week. – He made the point that its fortunate that as a result of the cough caused by covid they have discovered my heart problem before it became so severe that it caused symptoms. With drugs they will be able to prevent it getting worse so it shouldn’t be a problem until I reach the age where general frailty catches up with me.

I have booked 2 tickets for events this weekend. – the bee keeping conference and on sunday evening a musical which is apparently a cross between a circus and horror show with rock based tracks. should be something different.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Oh dear I am currently on holiday in Tenerife and not eating low carb. I have just got a text from my doctor for my diabetic annual review so have 5 days when I get back to the UK to get my blood sugar, weight etc back down or they won’t see the good results I had. No pressure lol or to look at it another way be extra strict with myself 🤞🤞🤞

• posted by happysnap
    on

Thank you so much Sunshinegirl and JGwen for your replies. I appreciate them so much!
    Interesting about the soap for leg cramps. I once heard of that one but never knew it actually worked! How often do you change the soap? Do you put it under your mattress? going to try it. I do occasionally suffer from leg cramps, and used to soak in magnesium flakes in the bath, but had to stop as it caused my skin to break out in patches of eczema all over…

JGwen, in terms of longer fasts, how would you plan it to be asleep at the 18 hour mark? I really would love to manage a longer fast!

Hope everyone is doing well and managing with their diet.

Ella Mae, enjoy your holiday in Tenerife!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Definitely some life living going on here for the past few days with our son staying with us since Mothers Day & usual eating routines not happening. I’ve just come back from two hours playing short mat bowls & yesterday managing 10000 steps. I’m trying to redress my caloric & low carb balance but fasting as long as I can over the next two days but will have to stop at Friday lunchtime because we will be going to a neighbours wake gathering celebrating her life. It will be interesting to see what I weigh on Saturday 🤔
    I hope everyone is doing well 👍
    Margaret 🍀🍀

• posted by RubyG
    on

Weight this morning 12st 6.2lb, so the Christmas weight is gone, but the half to 1 stone which crept on from summer 2021 until then is still with me.
    I dug out some summer clothes this morning, and while some do actually go on and do up, they are bulging in a bad way, and there are a few items which only ever fitted at my lowest weight (a stone away) – this has to be my motivation.
    Hubby’s jacket he wore into the office today was also a bit strained, so we both realise we have to lose some weight again, but it really isn’t easy after the first round, is it?

on

Hi all, still losing bit by bit and still hopeful – 4lbs to lose in 3.5 weeks. Still possible even with hubbys birthday and a meal out. Did another 30 mins aerobics so feeling quite pleased with myself. Much as I have missed exercise over the past few months it is still an effort to get up and do it. I need a kick up the proverbial to get myself going.

Happysnap, the soap goes in the bed. If you put it under the mattress you would be like the Princess and the Pea, if you know the story. Anyway, I always have it close to my feet, if you dont like to feel it you can put it under the mattress. There are 2 stages of knowing when it has run out, when it gets very smooth you can scratch it with a fork and it will continue to do its job. It has really finished when it starts to break up and you will need to replace it. If you google it, you will see it is a thing and my doctor and chiropodist both recommended it. There can be many reasons for cramp but it is always something to try. My doctor also recommended magnesium tablets but they sent my blood sugar up so I stopped them.

Elle-mae could you try and find some really good non carb foods – do you eat fish (I personally hate it) or lots of salads – they are safe to eat in Europe, no water problems. Your HbA1c shows how your bloods have been doing over a 12 week period (blood cells die every 12 weeks and are renewed) so if you have been fairly good before a week of bad foods shouldnt do too much damage. Anyway, if the results are not what you want you can always say you have just come back from holiday. My doctor never tests me just after Christmas/New Year and my testing regime moved on so my first test after the holidays is in March.

Keep on keeping on…

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

Checking in after my restart/week one – – – one week down but only one pound down (but, better than gaining!) Didn’t track my meals very well and I know I got off-course just a bit. Hubby and I are doing a “Keto Sprint” for the next 11.5 weeks – he has to lose some weight and also get some better numbers from his blood tests so I’m going to join him (mostly). He wants to do zero carbs, I’m not going to go that low.

I’m kinda stuck in a rut – my three alternate days of fasting is not working as well as it used to work. I’m re-reading a couple of fasting books to try to figure out a ‘new’ fasting routine that I can live with. I’m seriously unmotivated this week – or overwhelmed – or both? The best I can promise is that I won’t completely fall off the wagon, I won’t overeat (carbs or anything else), I will keep doing my steps and I’ll try to be in a better ‘headspace’ next week!

Congrats to everyone who is making progress or sticking to your goals – well done!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Fuzzy, it sounds like you’re in a bit of a slump and as we all know being in the right headspace is really important with this WOE. If you’re struggling with fasting right now, how about OMAD instead? I’d suggest that pretty much the only way to be at zero carbs, is just water, so don’t put that burden on yourself. Do what you can this week and just try to make good choices at each meal time and avoid snacking in between.
    Ruby, well done on ditching the festive gain. Think it is maybe a bit harder to maintain focus after the first round, perhaps because we allow ourselves to be a bit complacent, with an ‘I know what I’m doing’ attitude. That said, you are proving you can still get rid of the pounds, so just keep plugging away … you’ll get there.
    Think a number of us are still struggling, but hopefully as spring advances things will get easier with the lighter days. Just hang in there and do you best … it’s all we can ask of ourselves.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Happysnap,

The time when we struggle with a longer fast is the point when our body has to switch from using sugar to fat for fuel. The switching mechanism is a little rusty at first so our body trys to prompt us to eat to save it from having to switch. If its at 18 hours that your body tries to prompt you to eat you could start your fast after breakfast, so if you had your breakfast at 8 in the morning, your 18 hours point would be at 2am the next day,. By the time you wake up in the morning you will have slept through the difficult point and be in fat burning mode.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

S-G no I don’t like fish either. I am aiming for trying to be low carb but failing lol. There are things I don’t choose but not being entirely good. A few drinks not many and some deserts have enticed me. I was very good until just before we went away. So it will be what it will be, but I will let them know that I have just been away and I will show them my BS results. I only take them once week and last one on 11.3.23 was 5.3 mmol/L
    Gwen that is a great way to deal with fasting.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you for that interesting fasting info JGwen. After fasting all day I caved in & ate some protein & salad & a pear at 8-0pm last night. I had fasted from 7-0pm Tuesday evening until having a coffee with some milk at 8-am yesterday, Wednesday, that I took to mean breaking my fast? Then played short mat bowls all morning drinking only water with some cider vinegar, a beef oxo in hot water for some salt intake as “lunch” then only water & caved in at 8-0pm on Wednesday so I suppose a possible 24hours fast apart from the coffee with milk but in reality two 12 hour fasts?. I will start again today with a lemon tea & not eat until supper at 7-0pm & think that will be 23hours fasting? I’m getting in a real muddle about timings but usually have no problem not eating only having liquids. I’ve found the fasting charts in The Obesity & Diabetes Code a bit confusing with them including meals but I’m probably just being rather stupid because I am number dyslexic 🙁😂
    Margaret

• posted by Scojos
    on

Some amazing info on this thread. Ty v much.
    I have installed my soap and started taking magnesium and yes there has been an improvement..
    I’m waiting to here if I can bring my b12 injection forward cos I’m super tired and struggling with my eye sight which is my 1st “clue”…
    I have stalled. I have been bouncing around the same 2lb for 2 weeks and I’m starting to get v disheartened.
    I wonder why I’m stressing myself out so much qnd if its really worth it.
    My MH team said I needed to be kind to myself.
    I thought being kind was eating all the good stuff. My brain is saying being kind is cake qnd carbs.
    Some ass kicking would be appreciated about now if anyone is willing.
    Thanks x sj

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Scojo, I can appreciate how frustrating and disheartening it can be when progress stalls. Think we can all empathise with that situation, as the majority of us have had that problem at some point. It’s important at these times to dig deep and remind yourself of the reasons you at doing this. Look for the positives in your results to date, whether they are scales or non-scales related. Then imagine how good you will feel when you get to your goal, how proud you’ll be, but meanwhile be proud of your achievements to date and celebrate them.

Of course you know that cake and carbs are not the answer, so no point saying so. That said it’s not easy to resist them when things get tough, which means it’s important to find alternative ways of rewarding and comforting yourself…. perhaps a little personal pampering could be the answer. After all, you deserve it!

And remember, it’s not important how often we stumble or fall, but how often we get back up, dust ourselves off and start again.

• posted by happysnap
    on

JGwen, thank you so much for your explanations about fasting. i love the idea of starting after breakfast, I will try it and let you know how it went!

I am really proud of myself- I was invited to a wedding last night, and I actually managed to stick to my convictions!! I skipped the bread, had only the liver from the starter (skipped the rice), vegetable soup and only the chicken from the main course. And even managed to ditch the wine- drank only water!! To be honest I don’t know how I stuck to it because in my life i have never managed to have self-control, so I am feeling very, very proud and pleased with myself!

Problem is that this morning I had a team meeting at work, and a colleague brought a basket of warm, freshly baked spelt sourdough rolls. And I caved in and had one… which I am not so pleased about to say the least! But i’m trying to focus on the positive, it was a small, 3-4oz roll, and I only had ONE, whereas in the past i’d probably have 3 or more!

Anyway thats enough of my rant for today!
    Wishing you all a good day with good results and lots of self control!!

on

Hi all, it is so frustrating when things dont move in the right direction. However, if you (and I am not aiming this at anyone) do give up and decide it is not worth the bother then give up for a couple of months of not dieting and see where that gets you to. I am sure even your weight sticking is better than coming off and gaining.

Scojos, I too am frustrated, I have been down to 71.9kgs but now back up to 72.6kgs. Then I look back on my stats and remember the days when I just couldn’t get under 74kgs and now 72 is my new normal. Doesn’t sound like much of an achievement after several months but it is nearly 5lbs and better than the alternative. Even with my new exercise regime of 30 mins x 3 times a week doesn’t seem to be helping although I know exercise doesn’t make you lose weight. I can also look back at when I was 82kgs. Oh goodness, I don’t want to go back there. For those who don’t know, you have to walk 35 miles to lose 1lb. You don’t need an ass kicking just a virtual hug.

Fuzzy, I am sure SunnyB has commented on your hubbys idea of going zero carbs but I don’t think he is really going to do a total water fast. I think he is just frustrated and saying he might as well get as low as he can. I personally cannot even do 20g carbs and I usually slip up with adding a tomato to my salad which adds 5g carbs. Carbs are in almost everything but he could be zero if he just ate meat – not good for the kidneys in the long term. Hope he is sensible.

Hubbys birthday today but I am doing the cooking and we are having steak with baby asparagus seared in garlic butter, he can have a few chips and I might nick one or two. He bought himself a little lemon meringue pie so that will get a candle stuck in it tonight. He is not a drinker since his AF diagnosis so I am hoping he doesnt suggest we open a bottle of wine and I cannot say no. We are out tomorrow night so I hope he can wait until then and we can have wine by the glass. Life is for living…

on

Happysnap, only just seen your experiences at the wedding. We can all do it when it is what we really want. Don’t worry about giving in to the warm spelt rolls, we only have so much willpower. I think you had used all yours up. Well done, keep on keeping on…

• posted by Scojos
    on

SG… I buy individual bottles if wine for my parisian husband. Saves me having to “take 1 for the team.. 😉
    Thanks for the butt kicking. I will keep one keeping on.. though dodgy back continues to be an issue and to take meds I need to eat so fasting maxing out at 21hrs currently… my goal is 22hrs and to get their comfortably
    I know due to having to medicate before bed that d be my max.
    All my friends are moaning that I’m not eating enough calories (I aim for 900/1000 with 75g protein and less than 50 carbs…
    Apparently thats why I’m stuck.

Arggghhhh… I lost so easily last time I did this and this time I’m just not whooshing.
    OK. Moan over.
    SJ x

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Keep going everyone 👍
    I also seem to be standing still at the moment & am cooking supper after a 22 hour fast which I have just broken by eating 5 pecan halves 🙀 Supper will be baked smoked haddock served with two poached eggs & a buttered wholemeal pitta bread to add some fibre because I couldn’t think of anything else & remembered the traditional meal of poached eggs on poached fish with bread & butter. I will have a fresh nectarine for pudding & then won’t eat anything else until lunch tomorrow. I weigh on Saturday morning but am not hopeful of a positive reading. Oh well I’m viewing this as being in the lap of the gods & will just keep going frustrating though it is at the moment.
    Margaret

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hubby has lost 4.5 lbs this week (no snackage allowed this week) but is still 16st 4lb where he would prefer to be 15st something.
    However, I had to bite my tongue this morning, as I am at 12st 6.0lb, so a 2lb loss from a week ago, but his comment “are you actually losing any weight with your stupid plan”, ie. TRE Monday to Thursday, and maybe OMAD during that time! AAARGH!!! I politely said, yes, actually I lost 2lb this week. Some days he tests my patience more than others…………….
    I did have 3 meals yesterday, long drive for work morning and afternoon, so I had some raw oats with milk kefir and ground linseed for breakfast, 2 x ham and egg “muffins” for lunch, and then a beef and pepper stir-fry for supper, so I have declined my Friday treat cheese omelette this morning and will have a tuna salad for lunch later, so 16:8 today.
    Keeping on keeping on as sunshine-girl always says 🙂
    Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Well done RubyG for losing two pounds in weight & staying focused👍👏👏
    My husband only needs to lose 3-4 more pounds & is really maintaining & eats what I do with top ups of breakfast when he eats full fat Greek yoghurt, seeds , berries, ground flax & kefir so very healthy & then at other meals tops up with some nuts, Ryvita & cheese or I add some good carbs for him such as quinoa, bulgar wheat etc. I think because he has managed to maintain his original weight loss 4-5 years ago of 2-3 stone his weight is more or less stable now. However he always loses more weight than me & I frustratingly am still trying to get down to & below what he weighs. He is a six foot tall type 2 diabetic & I’m pear shaped & five foot three inches tall so quite a challenge for me. Unfortunately I think men do lose weight more quickly than women because of a more muscular body & of course the heavier one is the higher the BMR. It is so frustrating!! But let us all keep on going! I will weigh tomorrow 🤔
    Margaret

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ruby, well done on the 2lb and holding your tongue! If you and hubby agreed to follow different approaches, can appreciate how irritating an unsupportive comment would not be well received.
    Not sure what your target is, but regardless, those that weigh more tend to lose more readily, so his discard shouldn’t be compared to yours.

Your plan seems both sensible and a proven way fir you to get to where you want to be. Keep plugging away and you’ll reach your goal Ruby.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Well I’ve just weighed & have lost 1/4 lb (4oz) in weight which at least is not going up. My BMI is 30.3 & I now weigh 12 stone 3 1/4 lbs & my next goal is to get to below 12 stone by the end of March.
    This is the morning after a celebration wake party for our neighbour who sadly died from a rare appendix cancer only aged 53. It was an amazing gathering of friends & family with a free bar & food very generously provided by her husband & family. Before going there my husband & I ate a bowl of homemade broccoli soup & whilst there I drank two glasses of Merlot & ate three chicken skewers, three small falafel, two slim halloumi sticks & three small vegetable spring rolls & a bowl of tomato soup for supper. I avoided all the sandwiches & vol au vents so tried to stay lowish carbs. It was a very enjoyable party!
    I hope everyone has an enjoyable & relaxing weekend.
    Margaret

• posted by arcticfox
    on

I had a pretty horrific end to the work week. The evil miscreant has reared his ugly head again and I spent 2 full days trying to convince my manager that this was a serious incident, talking to the union, and calming down a co-worker who was in tears. Needless to say, looking after myself kind of went by the wayside. I don’t know why these kinds of people keep getting put and kept in positions of power when they are so incompetent and cause such chaos. Luckily I’ve found another job to apply for so will be doing that this weekend. I’m not going to be working Fridays for the rest of the summer, so that is a positive too, and I have the week off after Easter to focus on the garden.

• posted by Scojos
    on

Happy Saturday guys!!
    I have “advanced” my midlife crisis and had my ears pierced!
    Yes at nearly 50… pmsl.
    My “be kind to myself”.. diets been on ok.. under 50/ over 50 protein.. but cals are not great over 1000 (just) for last few days..

Hoo hum. But onwards and downwards..
    SJ x

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

So sorry to hear of your work troubles arcticfox & I wish you success in your new job application. It is so unfair that you feel you have to walk away rather than this “person” causing such trouble. The Peter principle does say that people get promoted to the level of their own incompetence 🙀😞 which makes no sense at all. I also had experience of a moronic incompetent manager & I also walked to another job. Fingers crossed for you to have a much happier time with another employer 🤞🤞🍀🍀 Try to relax now the weekend is here!
    Margaret

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Congratulations Scojos for your ear piercing! 💎💎 I too was a late comer to pierced ears and now I love wearing earrings. (I believe Wendleg has a huge earring collection ! )
    Last night I did end up going to see Michael Mosely and Claire Bailey at their show in Melbourne (a friend gave me a ticket♥). Great show and hopefully it inspired some to try his ideas. So welcome to any Aust/NZ newbies who have seen their show. Join into these forums for great advice and encouragement.
    My clothes have been feeling tight, so last night’s show has hopefully spurred me on to get cracking for 8 weeks of low carb.
    Hello to everyone – so good to read all the stories on this week’s thread.
    Merry 🎈🎈🎈

Please log in or register to post a reply.