Only day2!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

I feel like a complete wuss, so I am reading some of your inspiring blogs. Today I have felt, tired, grumpy and hungry!! I’ve stuck within my calories and carbs but did have to eat a few peanuts, hoping this isn’t too terrible? I’m hoping this feeling is short lived and tomorrow is another day and all that. I didn’t realise how bad my sugar, carb addiction was, I know I need to do this!!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi ClairyB,

Carb addiction is horrible, isn’t it? You’ve done really well. Surely the few peanuts can’t have done much to your total calories for the day.
    You must feel a sense of empowerment having pushed through the hunger.
    Best wishes.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello ClairyB
    Same boat……. but without the peanuts. Think of how much healthier you’ve eaten today! Let’s do it…

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Morning Baristagirls,

How are you both feeling today?? I’ve woken up with a banging headache, aching joints and grumpy – Again!!! Hubby is loving the new me!
    Feeling a little more energised having consumed a few nuts and 2 coffees and gallons of water! Half a pound off on the scales this morning which isn’t great but i’m sure I’m hoping for a miracle that i will miraculously be a size 14 by the weekend (currently squeezing into an 18!!!!!).

I need to be realistic – if i lose 7lbs this first week that would actually be amazing, having struggled to lose no more than a couple of pounds over the last 3 months.
    Still haven’t had time to do a proper food shop so making things hard for myself really, not sure what i will eat at lunch time but planning on spanish chicken for dinner tonight.
    Let me know how you’re both feeling and how much you’ve lost so far – WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Good morning or should I say evening Switzerland,

You are right my body is obviously craving it’s usual sugar, carb overload! How long will I feel like this, i’m sure a lot of it is mind set, i need to stay focused, so many reasons to do this.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi ClairyB,

People have varying experiences but from what I’ve read most of us have pushed through the cravings in the first 1-2 weeks. I still have my moments (week 7) but they are way more controlled eg. a piece of 85% cocoa dark chocolate or a guilt free chocolate brownie. When I see others eating high carb sweets etc now my head goes ‘ how can you eat that?’

By eating low carb med style it doesn’t take long and you’re no longer driven by high carb foods and constant hunger. It’s well worth the effort.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello ClairyB. If it’s any encouragement I am NOT finding it easy! My mum is. She isn’t even hungry. I keep feeling hungry and swimmy but so determined to do it because look at how well everyone else has done! I don’t want my addiction of carbs and greedy portions of food to get the better of me. If you have lost half a pound in two days and only a couple in the last few months then it seems a good start. Did you measure yourself? Everyone talks about that, but I won’t do it till next week as I don’t want to be too disappointed.
    Keep going.
    It’s good that there’s someone else besides us started the same day ๐Ÿ™‚ because I can follow your patterns. Why don’t you order a shop to turn up this evening to rocket you into tomorrow!
    Yesterday we made the salmon muffins, they were yum, tonight we are having the beetroot falafels. I don’t actually mind the food, I just feel so hungry!
    The reason I want to stick at it over other diets is the quick results inspire me to stay on the bandwagon. Plus the freedom I had with certain carbs on slimming world didn’t control my appetite.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Thanks Switzerland – i must try the brownies, are the ingredients things i might have in the cupboard??

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Hi Barista,

My sister is the same – she lost 11lbs in the first week and says she hasn’t felt hungry – she has given up alcohol though which she had most days – I’m on 2.5lbs in 2 days so not too shabby! How much have you and your Mum lost so far? I will be going shopping on Saturday so will make do until then – more scrambled eggs it is then! Although they are not agreeing with my tummy!!! If you know what i mean things have stopped moving – ha ha – sorry too much information! Some of the food you have tried sounds good – i will look at the recipes ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello ClairyB. Yes, that’s pretty awesome, 11lb, but neither of us have to give up alcohol exactly because we don’t really drink it. Mum lost nearly 4lb and I lost nearly 3 and a half.
    I love scrambled eggs ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by ClairyB
    on

So this morning I have woke up feeling much better only to be sorely disappointed when I got on the scales! 1.5 lbs on!!!! So that means it’s day 4 and I’m only half a pound down!! How can this be possible when I know I’m less than half the calories I would normally consume, the only thing I can think is I didn’t drink as much water yesterday but still more than average!!! NOT FAIR!!!

• posted by barby
    on

Don’t despair Clairy, our bodies fluctuate so much from day to day, that is the danger of daily weighing, it can demoralize you wrongly.

I think the lower water intake made a difference, it is such an important part of BSD, success..I know it is hard to drink that much at first, even now I find myself slipping, and not drinking enough some days. How about filling litre bottles and leaving in fridge, ice cold, and try to get through at least 2 a day. You can count your teas/coffees as well of course. It’s another new habit to get into. Lots of changes in lifestyle with BSD.

Keep going, make sure you are properly weighing and not guessing amounts. It WILL work for you.x

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Thanks Barby, i am weighing and also using my fitness pal so calories are super accurate, probably drank 4-5 pints water yesterday, 2 green teas and a coffee so was well hydrated. I am not giving in though even though I have a difficult day ahead I can do this!!

• posted by Stephie63
    on

Stick with it ClairyB, even tho the scales show varying readings, the fat is still melting away. That’s why the tape measure is a far more accurate reflection of what is actually happening than your scales are. Hormonal fluctuations, water retention, muscle mass etc all of these will affect your body weight and it so easy to become disillusioned by arbitrary numbers on a scale. Keep pushing forward, this way of eating truly does work.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello ClairyB, barby is quite right, our weights naturally fluctuate anyway, especially us ladies! so at the moment I have decided I will weigh every 2 days. You’re right, you can do this! Don’t give in – it’s good to have someone in the same boat as me. I am doing it with my mum (hence the plural in baristagirl!) and couldn’t do it on my own, but she’s doing so well and not feeling hungry or ill like me. Well today I am not actually feeling hungry but ill! (I had the ploughmans lunch yesterday and didn’t really think about the effects of an apple – I have colitis and can’t digest skins and things!)
    Just look at all the food/drink you have – you KNOW this isn’t unhealthy food and has to work! You’ll probably lose even more tomorrow/next day, it will likely even out. Another thing, do you always weigh in the same circumstance? Same time/no drink or same amount of drink/etc, can make quite a difference!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

ClairyB, remembered you and wondered how you were getting on?

Please log in or register to post a reply.