One Year Anniversary on this WoE

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by freester
    on

One year ago today I embarked on this WoE. It was a last chance for me my BP was going in the wrong direction and my GP wanted to medicate. He recommended the Blood Sugar Diet as my last chance.

6’3″ over 17.5 stones I’d lost my 10% in 6 weeks of 800 cals a day down to 15.5 stones. I didn’t drink for the 6 weeks.

I stopped calorie counting and my weight slowly crept down over the year to 14 stone 2 lbs I’ve levelled out here +/- a couple of pounds.

Blood Pressure was sorted within a week ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Within the last year I negotiated a skiing holiday, lockdown and Christmas successfully!

I now have the odd drink beer red wine whisky. Love the food and genuinely don’t miss any of the off plan stuff. I allowed myself a roastie and a Yorkshire Christmas day but not sure I’ll bother again I prefer the veg now!!!

All I’m saying is if I can do it – anyone can. ๐Ÿ‘

• posted by RubyG
    on

Happy Anniversary Freester!
    You have been a great support on my Starting the BSD thread, and I’m still on board, I’ll update my thread in a bit.

I understand what you mean re. the Christmas carbs – I was really looking forward to my goose-fat roasties and they failed to live up to my expectation – if there were missing from the plate I would not have been disappointed. The goose centrepiece and green veg were lovely though, and all that was needed really.

We plan to do another 4 weeks of 800cal as we both want to lose some more weight, but I am more confident in being able to maintain this way of eating for the future.

Well done and thank you for the inspiration.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Congrats freester. You are an inspiration

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s good to hear freester ! A wonderful result . You have cracked this now and I doubt you will ever look back !
    Well done you !

• posted by Squidge
    on

Happy anniversary, Freester!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Love this! Well done and congrats on your anniversary.

• posted by freester
    on

Well just checking in on my 2nd Anniversary ๐Ÿ™‚

Not a lot to report, this WoE works well for me I’ve been maintaining at the same weight for the last year – +/- a few lbs.

I negotiated another Xmas successfully with the added perils of a couple of birthdays as well! A potato, parsnip and Yorkshire Pud for Xmas dinner that really was the only ‘off plan’ eating in the last year.

I feel completely in control. For me it works if I stay away from most carbs. I have the VERY occasional half slice of sour dough or Rye and Spelt (from the BSD recipe book), and I occasionally have Steel Cut Oat Porridge and make my own Oat Cakes from Steel Cut oats. I have the odd drink, which can be cider, lager or white wine, as well as red. Weekends only although I felt my drinking was going up slightly so reset and took part in Sober October which turned into a 6 week abstinence.

This is not meant to be a ‘look at me’ post or thread just meant as encouragement. As I said last year… If I can do it, anyone can…

on

Well done freester – you are one of the people who see this ‘diet’ as a way of life and not a quick fix. Happy anniversary.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done freester. This way of eating really does become a way of life. Both sunshine-girl and myself are into our 6th year of eating this way. I donโ€™t eat simple carbs but do get a bit bored with food now and again but I guess that happens no matter how you eat.
    Happy anniversary and enjoy year 3!

• posted by RubyG
    on

That is excellent maintenance freester, and you have been so supportive of hubby and I too, so thank you and well done!

• posted by freester
    on

Thank you all. PS I still lurk on here regularly. Chip in when I can but don’t have a great deal more to add to the more experienced hands on here!!!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi freester
    This is a very encouraging post for me. I’ve also been doing the BSD for quite a while but I’ve been struggling recently with maintenance – more a mental struggle than physical (although it turns into a physical struggle ) – so hearing you so in control of things is really helpful.
    Thanks for posting.
    Jennie xx

• posted by freester
    on

Well I had a bit of an MOT last week. Doc suggested a few blood tests and things (including the HA1C and cholesterol).

I was never pre-diabetic so didn’t have too many concerns however I must admit I was a little concerned about the Cholesterol test. I think I’ve had it programmed into me that high fat = high cholesterol even though we know that’s not true… I do like my bowl of full fat greek yoghurt in the morning and a little wedge of cheese with my lunch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway all the bloods came back good – ‘very good excellent in fact’ said the GP.

Keep on, keeping on ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by RubyG
    on

That is excellent news indeed, well done!

on

Hi freestar, so glad your results were excellent. Again, it is people like you that keep me on this site. I want to encourage people to stick with this and convince them it works but it needs some effort on their part. It is not a miracle. I am now coming up to 6 years and although weight is not really an issue except for vanity, I am on this diet for my health and have been doing great too. This is not a quick fix and it is not for those who want to go back to their old ways and expect things to be different. Nobody is denied a small treat now and then but we know what made us fat, gave us high this that and the other and we know what to do about it.

Yes, keep on keeping on…

Please log in or register to post a reply.