One Year Anniversary on this WoE

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by freester
    on

One year ago today I embarked on this WoE. It was a last chance for me my BP was going in the wrong direction and my GP wanted to medicate. He recommended the Blood Sugar Diet as my last chance.

6’3″ over 17.5 stones I’d lost my 10% in 6 weeks of 800 cals a day down to 15.5 stones. I didn’t drink for the 6 weeks.

I stopped calorie counting and my weight slowly crept down over the year to 14 stone 2 lbs I’ve levelled out here +/- a couple of pounds.

Blood Pressure was sorted within a week 😮

Within the last year I negotiated a skiing holiday, lockdown and Christmas successfully!

I now have the odd drink beer red wine whisky. Love the food and genuinely don’t miss any of the off plan stuff. I allowed myself a roastie and a Yorkshire Christmas day but not sure I’ll bother again I prefer the veg now!!!

All I’m saying is if I can do it – anyone can. 👍

• posted by RubyG
    on

Happy Anniversary Freester!
    You have been a great support on my Starting the BSD thread, and I’m still on board, I’ll update my thread in a bit.

I understand what you mean re. the Christmas carbs – I was really looking forward to my goose-fat roasties and they failed to live up to my expectation – if there were missing from the plate I would not have been disappointed. The goose centrepiece and green veg were lovely though, and all that was needed really.

We plan to do another 4 weeks of 800cal as we both want to lose some more weight, but I am more confident in being able to maintain this way of eating for the future.

Well done and thank you for the inspiration.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Congrats freester. You are an inspiration

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s good to hear freester ! A wonderful result . You have cracked this now and I doubt you will ever look back !
    Well done you !

• posted by Squidge
    on

Happy anniversary, Freester!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Love this! Well done and congrats on your anniversary.

Please log in or register to post a reply.