One week in

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Crow
    on

One week in and it hasn’t been as hard as I’d imagine it was going to be. I’ve had a couple of moments of light headedness that a glass of water seems to have solved and one day when I was really hungry but I’ve been surprised that I’ve not been hungry all the time. I think the key is that I’m having good tasty food, just not much of it. I really think that I can stick to this. My main worry was work but that has actually been really easy.

I have granted myself a treat day ever so often (when friends come round or at special events) as I’m primarily doing this for weight and not blood sugar. Two family members recent told they were in danger of becoming diabetic and decided now is the time to tackle my own weight issue before it reaches crisis point. Aiming to keep this up for at least 6 days out of 7 until Christmas and then review. My weight has been on the way down slowly since January when I made a few changes to my diet but seems to have settled down so hope this kick starts and gets me further toward the ideal weight I’d be at.

• posted by shalimar
    on

I am so glad this is working for you and that the first week went very well.

• posted by ClarionCall
    on

On the 800 a day. I’m surprised that I do not experience hunger in the first week…lost 6 kilos. Do not tell me about treat days please. Blood sugar down from 10 to normal of 5 or less; now on half a Diamicron daily in morning already, in contrast to two daily. Need to watch the hypo’s. I am not in fear of the next 7 weeks restraint. Should have done this years ago.

• posted by Crow
    on

Well now two weeks in and the weight has started to fall off quite quickly now. Wore a couple of shirts to work this week that I’ve not been able to wear for quite a while. Day off tomorrow as I head to Twickenham for the NFL although I’m really questioning if I should have a beer because of the amount of sugar in it, something that I never thought that I would say!

Please log in or register to post a reply.