One week in (almost)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ddraig
    on

Well I can say that this has been a great week, I’ve dropped 6 lbs as of this morning.

I have a tray of guilt free brownies in the oven, had to modify the recipe a little as I mistakenly put 6tbs of coconut oil in instead of 4! Cocoa nibs are expensive! Of course I then didn’t have any more almond flour so added coconut flour instead lol, I’ll let you know how they taste.

Made the morrocan meat balls last night, they taste awesome, loved the potatoless moussaka ๐Ÿ™‚ our name for the Aubergine, lamb and pomegranate dish.

I find breakfast the most difficult, I also know if I don’t have it I’ll end up “picking” so I’ve bought two tubs of avidlight protein shakes to have just for first meal.

The skinny bol was lovely, and the flat mushrooms with cheesy beans went down a treat.

Partner bought me a card, flowers and a box of extra dark Lindor lol, I’ve already worked out the calorie content of each piece and added it to my list.

I was forcing myself to down the local tap water, run through a filter, realised it was going to be difficult so bought sugar free squash and am making up a very weak 1st bottle, just enough to take the edge off.

So, week one, minus 6lbs, not a bad start and long may it continue ๐Ÿ™‚

Ddraig xx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Ddraig, I have switched to Michael’s suggestion of ice cold sparkling water with a slice of lemon when I feel like something other than plain water. I actually slice my lemons up and freeze them then just add a frozen slice to my water. I’m going to try those Moroccan meatballs after reading your comment! Good work losing 6lbs in a week!! Well done!

• posted by Ddraig
    on

I have a bag of un waxed lemons, I’ll give that a try, thank you Hashimoto. I normally freeze wedges of lemon so slices shouldn’t be too difficult ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve sliced one and put it into a jug of water in the fridge and sliced another and put on a plate in freezer which I’ll then transfer to a bag so they do t freeze stuck together.

I bought a weekly meal planner and it’s really helped to plan, then buy the bits I need and not have to dither over what to eat each meal.

Really feeling positive going into my second week.

• posted by Mill
    on

I am really starting tomorrow but tried out the guilt free brownie recipe today as I wanted to have something to look forward to – very disappointed they were dry & hard with a bitter aftertaste- hope yours turned out better.

• posted by Ddraig
    on

Hi Mill, I must say I wasn’t overly impressed by the brownies, they had an odd sort of texture. May lay off the sweeties completely lol, will still eat this lot however, I’m not wasting the ingredients!

• posted by Jahooly
    on

Hi all my first week over too and ha e found today very difficult as craving crisps, come to bed to stop me picking …… Meatballs are delicious and so was spag bog with courgette spirals…….. Like the idea of frozen lemon slices so thanks for that one ๐Ÿ˜Š. I have e joyed most of my food this week and lost 10 lbs ….
    I bought a food journal / diary, love the apps but find writing down my feelings helps ……
    Here’s to week two

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Ddraig
    I’d definitely recommend laying off the sweeties. I’m on day 22 – I had a tiny taste of cake yesterday-a teaspoonful- overwhelmingly sweet after 3 weeks without.
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Kahoolawe
    Could it be the salt you wanted? Michael says sometimes we need some salt on this diet to balance something -I can’t remember what!
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Sorry- Jahooly! Blasted auto correct!

• posted by Ddraig
    on

I made the 6 meatballs in the recipe into 16 mini ones, then cut them into half after they had cooked, I had a few with lunch ( I estimated that dividing the mixture equaled each meatball being 50cals. ) they taste ok cold but reheat a lot faster being small. Perfect for that time when your body walks to the fridge and your brain says, now what can I pick at!

My darling caring sharing partner has passed on his flu to me. I now have a snozzle to rival Rudolf and this morning sneezed toothpaste all over the bathroom mirror. … on a good point now I don’t want to eat because I can’t taste anything!

Thankfully I’ve never been a great fan of crisps and my most indulgent is one small piece of darkest chocolate.

I made the carbless chicken curry from “ditchthecarbs.com” last night, didn’t enjoy the cauliflower rice the way it suggested, I found it a bit acidic but that could just be my taste buds. The curry I would definitely make again.

Feel like I’ve been hit by a bus but the dogs still need walking so about to drag myself around the park.

Keep it up my wonderful people! ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.