One week down

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

I started last week at 16 st 9 3/4 lbs. When I weighed myself this morning I had lost 10 1/2 lbs. With the 3 lbs l lost the previous week while I was reading the book I am just 1/2 a pound short of losing a stone!!!!! I am down to a weight that I have only dreamed of for 30 years. This diet has been so easy to stick to compared to the ordinary 1000 call diet that you can imagine I have tried off and on for all my life. My husband joined me on the diet but only needs to lose about a stone. He also has a very active job so he isn’t sticking to 800 calories and is having some bread and noodles with his stir fry. Even so he lost 5 lbs this week too. Well I better go and celebrate now with a little singing and dancing…..don’t worry the dog already knows I’m mad ๐Ÿ˜†

• posted by melissanz
    on

Well Done Janrg1.
    I also started last Monday and am very proud to say that I’ve lost 3kg (which apparently is 6.6lb). Don’t ever remember being so keen to get on the scales as I was this morning! It’s amazing how motivating it is to see the scale go down so regularly and so quickly. I think that’s partly what makes this diet so ‘do-able’ is that the motivation stays. I have never experienced that kind of feeling before with previous diets.

Keep up the good work (and entertaining the dog)!

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Well done!!! Isn’t it a wonderful feeling to see the scales go down? Keep up the excellent work. And yes the dog must always be entertained – she has the RSPCA on speed dial. (Rosie is a lurcher so naturally skinny)

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congratulations on the great losses!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope you also MEASURED or have some clothes you’re testing your shape with? Because it may be that the weight loss slows but you will continue to lose inches.

I’m always saying this here because though I achieved everything I wanted and more from the BSD there were moments when everything slowed down – or seemed to – in weight terms though I was doing the calories as targeted. Keep an eye on your waist – as the visceral fat starts melting away you will find your clothes fit better even if the scales stay level.

And you don’t yet mention how well you will start to feel once you kick the carb addiction! You have that yet to come!

Very good luck for your journey! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janrg1
    on

I’m wearing a pair of jeans that were uncomfortably tight before – I only wore them in emergencies. They are quite comfortable now. I have lost an inch off my waist. I have gone from 41 inches to a shade under 40 inches. My first week I felt ill some of the time and was worried that I was one of those people who can’t stick to it because it makes them feel ill. But I persevered till Friday and after lunch while walking the dog I realised that I felt fine. I can’t say that I feel really great yet but it’s getting better. Let’s face it I didn’t always feel really well due to the diabetes and blood pressure either.

Please log in or register to post a reply.