ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning June 16th 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Thanks SunnyB x

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Hi all this sunny morning (sun where I am at least).
    I’m not counting calories, but I would guess that I’m averaging 1000 – 1100 calories per day, and this keeps me losing weight at a slow steady pace (2 kg (approx. 4.5 lbs per month) which is manageable for me. I find that it is the reduction of carbohydrates rather than calories that keeps me losing weight, so that I pay close attention to that.
    I agree that for some it is very useful to focus on the 800 cal, but you must not beat yourself up if you are slightly over. Any calorie deficit below your resting metabolism will have you losing weight, as long as you are not insulin resistant. And here is the other part of this WOE – that it is important to keep the carbs to a minimum and also give the body time to rest in between meals (time restricted eating) so that you can kick-start the metabolism again. Many of us need it.
    I’m having a bit of a whoosh effect after the stall I had last week and weekend, have dropped 1,5 kg over the last few days (sure, some of it is water released that was trapped by the carbs that went in) and this is getting me nearer my next mini goal. Only 0,5 kg to go to reach 15 kg weight loss, taking me down from 92 kg (at Jan 1st) to soon 77 kg. My next mini goal will be 75 kg by my birthday on July 18. The final goal is somewhere around 70 kg – to be decided.

• posted by Britta
    on

Right then people… it’s time for my 4 day ‘get as close to 800 as possible before hitting the 8 weeks challenge’! I would need to lose 4 lbs to get to my 2 stone in 8 weeks mark. That obviously isn’t going to happen, but as Julz just nicely reminded us – we try to control the stuff we can control, and now seems to be a good time for that last sprint before the end of the race (which it isn’t really for any of us, but never mind about that). So here we go, I’m averaging around 900 at the moment so I will shave off that 100 calories for 4 days, and give it all I’ve got and see where that takes me. It’ll be a bit like going to the gym (which I hate) – you don’t want to go, but when did you ever come out of there thinking you really wish you hadn’t?!
    (For full disclosure I will have a slice of Guinness cake on Saturday which I’ll be baking for a friend who just had twins. I have been planning and looking forward to that slice of cake for 4 weeks and I will have it for lunch!).

So I’ve said it now, no going back! May the force be with us all!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Whoop for the woosh Olive!! Lovely when the goals are close and you can see the next one too!

Made me smile Britta, you sound pumped….. wish i could find a bit of that!! You are spot on with the gym….in fact most exercise…. feels good when its done! Go you!! And there is a nice slice of cake waiting for you, planned and mindfully eaten!!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Well done on the good results.The discussion about 800 cals is interesting I’m not consistent on 800 and my weight is up and down so I think the amount of calories needs to be consistent.more important the carb count needs to be consistent.thats my goal for this week to keep to a low carb plan EVERY day as I often reward myself if I have a good day and undo my good work.best wishes to everyone.

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

Hello all, yay to trying Pilates, EC! I’ve been doing it for a few weeks now (core and legs) and I really notice the difference.

Interesting discussion about the 800 calories limit. My understanding from the books is that it’s easier to stick to than 500 (the old 5:2 limit) and you get enough nutrients. I’m usually between 600 and 900 a day and I don’t count carbs, which works for me. During a previous attempt at this diet, I found myself spending too much time thinking about how to keep to the macros (= daily proportion of macro-nutrients: fat, carbs and protein). This made it harder for me to stick with it, even though I know low-carb works for me – 800cals works for me and keeps it simple. Having strict goals works very well for me so focusing on an average of 800 is great. Having a time limit also helps so I can look forward to moving to a different set-up in mid-July. What works for you will depend on your personality and diet history so have a think about what did and didn’t work for you before.

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

Hello all, as I’ve mentioned a couple of times over the last few weeks, I’ve been reading a few books on nutrition. I highly recommend Lisa Mosconi’s Brain Health. Much food for thought and her recommendations work well with this diet, including the benefit of intermittent fasting.

I’ve also been reading Michael Greger’s How Not to Diet, which reviews a lot of research papers on diet and nutrition in an accessible way. Not all of the recommendations are ones I plan to follow, but I’ve picked up a few tips. He recommends eating food that is high in water content and low in calories, i.e. vegetables. He gives a great explanation of why this works. The water in the vegetables (and also soup) fills your stomach differently from water you drink. Water you drink is filtered quickly out of your stomach, while water bound with other food isn’t. The fibre also helps. I’ve been focusing on eating more raw vegetables as snacks or as part of a meal and it’s interesting to see how well it fills you up. Again, a raw diet is never going to be something for me (and Greger doesn’t suggest this), but it’s a useful strategy if you feel like your stomach is a bit hollow.

• posted by Britta
    on

Just on the Pilates – are there any videos or anything anyone wants to recommend please?

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

I’m doing this one with Fitness Blender on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpJ-xeKvfzk. What I like is that you can do the exercises at the level you can manage (that’s part of the idea of Pilates) and move up to the more difficult exercises as you improve. This channel has several Pilates videos at different levels.

• posted by SusieMac1957
    on

Thanks Zuzvela. Pilates is tough but so worthwhile and sounds like it’s giving you some fabulous results. I’m a yoga fan and have recently done a box fit class which was fun but exhausting! Still – it boosts the metabolism!!

• posted by Britta
    on

Yes! I’m below 80 kg! Yesterday was a bit tough, but I’m particularly pleased with myself this morning.
    The rain seems relentless at the moment and being a solar-powered type of person I am having to pull out the stops this week. I have a lot of respect for those of you doing this diet in the autumn/winter.
    Have a great day!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Awesome!! Go you Britta, thats top!!

I’m due on scales tomorrow….. not thinking i’ll see much movement, I’ve been ok this week but not really strict enough! Oh well! Can i blame the weather too – we have had mist / fog / peasoup weather for 6 of the past 7 days and its pretty uninspiring!! Need all the lights on in the house !!

• posted by Britta
    on

I don’t know if you can blame the weather Julz, but it certainly makes it a lot harder, doesn’t it? I had steak with roasted vegetables last night instead of my planned steak and salad, which just didn’t seem to have the comfort value I was looking for and I have definitely had more cravings this week (not hormonal) than usual. So with the weather and lockdown fatigue bordering on depression these are hard times. Lots of wobbles, lots of ‘oh but one little snack won’t hurt’ type thinking… I think the difference is that I seem to have at long last got it into my head that nothing I eat is going to make that better. So learning to cope with being miserable when there is good reason to be miserable, seems to be on the cards here. In a way it makes sense for me to look at it the other way around and not blame the diet for my feeling miserable, when there are clearly a lot of other factors at play. So the way I’m trying to think this: of all the times I could have chosen to do a strict diet, which is very hard, I chose a time of unprecedented stress, anxiety, confusion, and uncertainty and succeeded in doing something I have tried to do (and failed) for the last 10 years. If I can do that I can b… well lose weight if it rains!

• posted by DoubleDutch
    on

Great milestone britta, it must feel amazing to look down and see the number start with a 7!! I love your way of thinking, if I can do this in these covid times, I can certainly do it when it rains. Or whatever might be in your way of making the good choices. We have a Dutch word called ‘omdenken’, it’s now translated to ‘the art of flip – thinking.’ This is a great example and I will put it in my arsenal 🙂

• posted by Britta
    on

Flip-thinking, l like it! I haven’t quite got enough distance to the 8 to relax yet, but it does feel a lot better. I really don’t want to ever see that number again!

• posted by DoubleDutch
    on

Yeah, I know the feeling about the ‘safe distance’. But every time I feel I’m there, at the safe distance of a certain milestone, I say out loud, while on the scales ‘ I will never ever be over [fill in the number] again. I hope some positive affirmation will help 🙂 so right now, for all to’ hear’ I WILL NEVER EVER BE OVER 90 KILO AGAIN!!
    Be sure to add wriggle room plus at least two kilo for the glycogen supply.

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

Well done, Britta! I’m also just below 80kg now (78.5 in fact) and it feels epic. I think my lowest weight (6 years ago) was 77kg and it’s amazing to be so close to it. Other than that, I like “omdenken”, DoubleDutch (from another Dutch person!).

• posted by Jeremy Fisher
    on

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the 800 calories. I’m still dubious that 800 for everyone is right as we’re all so different.
    Which is a great excuse to be on 1100 myself this week! Perhaps I’m just kidding myself so I can eat more!

The ketone testing strips I ordered arrived this morning and I’m in ketosis so that’s at least something.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hi everyone, just checking in, late for me!
    I’m on a bit of a high at the moment, the 14 hour fast and 3 meals a day is really working for me. By no means sticking to 800 but defo BSD. Enjoying my food and not suffering from cravings which is such a relief. Looked after the girls this morning and had no desire to rummage for carbs though the porridge I made was appealing due to it raining I think.
    Keeping busy at home, moving my sitting room back downstairs and working on setting up a studio/spare room upstairs.
    That’s all for now, keep on keeping on those of you who are struggling, you’re worth it! 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi all, I’m still struggling on. Well done to everyone – lovely to hear some very positive results! Interesting discussion about 800 kcals – I think I read that 800 kcals is the top end of the range recommendation for a VLCD as described by researchers in Europe, which is why it was the benchmark used in clinical trials that informed NICE – seems to be a low enough number to produce ketosis and other beneficial effects but high enough to minimise harm to organs and muscle tissue (when used for a limited time period ie 8 or 12 weeks maximum). So that might be where the number comes from? I think that in essence it means that anything lower than 800kcals is likely to cause harm, whereas having a significant reduction of kcals to around 800 or so (for a set period) is likely to produce beneficial effects. That said, I think for many people, looking at reduced carb levels is where the blood sugar benefits will be. I’m not an expert by any stretch, but I also like to have a target in mind. Often my intake may be higher, say around 1,100 kcals max….but if I started at 1,100 as my target I’d likely push that up to nearer 1,400…my human nature I guess! I’ve tried to fool my brain to not give in when I have an inch so I take a yard lol, but I guess I need some boundaries. I think do more of whatever works for you 🙂 I’m pleased I managed to avoid some temptations this evening. I think I’m learning that if I crave something and give in, it never tastes as good as I’d hoped it would…hopefully my tastes will change over time. Anyway, hope everyone is well. Have a great weekend all 🙂

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Just popped in to say hi everyone 😊
    Been for my walk, enjoying them immensely, it’s good to feel the little changes in my body and use the time for some positive mental imaginings!
    I’m joining some friends for a BBQ today where I will no doubt be challenged on the food front. I’m told there will be plenty of meat which suits me, it’s the snacks I have to be careful around. So, I’ve decided to make a MM fruit sponge pudding with mixed berries to have with cream. It’s quite heavy on the carbs but I’d rather eat something BSD than slip up or feel hard done by. We’ll see how it goes. Weigh in on Monday and I don’t want to see a gain!
    Have a lovely weekend 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Just a quick one from me as I’m about to go ride a horse in the sun…. but Rosyapple did you see SunnyBs really easy carrot cake recipe in the positive thread? Might be worth a look at too. Enjoy the BBQ, fill up on meat and salad, then just a wee treat.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

WindyJulz, carrot cake sounds good but I don’t have a microwave!
    Enjoy the sunshine ride, cold, grey and windy here. 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

@rosyapple, good to hear that things are going well for you. My approach is similar, I aim for a 14-hour overnight fast and 3 meals a day. The last few days I ended up skipping lunch but I cope much better having breakfast. A 16-hour fast happens occasionally but I’m not aiming for it. Today I had yoghurt, berries and some chopped nuts for breakfast; lunch was a small portion of hummus and a big bowl of radishes and cucumber (and a small piece of left-over chicken). I’m not entirely sure about dinner yet, but it’s either going to be roast chicken thighs with veggies or crab.

• posted by Britta
    on

Happy Saturday! I’m really glad to hear about your progress Rosy. I’m sure that the whole structure of 3 meals a day , no snacks and no food after 7pm (at the latest) has been a real key to my progress. Today I had my much anticipated Guinness and Chocolate cake for lunch, which I made for my friend who just had twins (just in case you thought sticking to 800 calories a day was a bit tough, – newborn twins ladies and gentlemen…). It was of course nice, but totally floored me. I literally had to go and lie down for a while! I reckon after 8 weeks of no sugar, my body was somewhat discombobulated by the experience… I’m now recovered and cooking lamb kofta with salad for dinner. I’m expecting tomorrow to be a bit tougher now that I have woken up the little sugar beasties, but I am well prepared. Hope you all have great sundays.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everybody
    I am been wondering ….we haven’t seen Bryla for a while ??
    Are you ok, Bryla ?? Articifox , any news on the house sale ??
    Have a good weekend everyone.I am still waiting to hear about my timetable for the next two weeks

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hi all, managed to resist the biscuits, cake and brioche on offer today 😊 Ate a lot of barbecued meat at lunch and the BSD pudding I cooked to take with me for dinner. Pretty much as I intended. Will now fast for 16 hours and be happy with that! The pud was appreciated by all and no one thought me weird for not eating the carbs. Also my friend has taken the BSD diet book to have a look at as she’s impressed by my results and struggling somewhat. Did an extra 40 minutes fast walking aswell, so overall a successful day. Lotsa love 🌹🍏

• posted by ClemFlo
    on

Hello all,
    I went on the diet a couple of years ago, to very great success but since I have been diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma and have undergone a radical nephrectomy nine months ago.
    I really, REALLY want to get back on the diet and get control of my eating and lose weight again but my mind set is not great.
    I have got it into my head that the only reason I lost weight last time I did the diet was because I had undiagnosed cancer. I am so terrified of going on it again as I am so worried it won’t work. I have managed to paralyse myself.
    Is there anyone out there who might have gone through a similar thing and might be able to give me some advice – I would so SO appreciate it.
    I feel quite lost and scared at the moment.
    Thank you ❤️🙏🏻❤️

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Hi ClemFlo,
    My experience can not at all compare to yours, but I had some similar thinking when I started this way of eating. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 10 years ago and even though “well controlled” on medication I kept slowly gaining weight. In my mind it was an absolute truth that I could not loose weight because of my condition, but I was I suffering a lot from hip pain and was desperate, so had to give it a go.
    Now it’s 5,5 months later and I’m14 kg lighter.
    I can only recommend to give it a go, but be kind to your body – it’s been through a lot.
    I genuinely believe that the BSD way of eating, combined with some intermittent fasting, is helping me to heal and recuperate, and I wish it could be the same for you.
    Best of luck and welcome to the forum!

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

@clemflo, I don’t have personal experience with you’ve been through but it’s always worth trying. Maybe you don’t lose as much weight as quickly as you did the last time, but it’s a marathon, not a sprint. You can always start with intermittent fasting to see how you get on. Take care.

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

We ended up ordering a low-carb takeaway (half a rotisserie chicken – we couldn’t finish it between the two of us!) with two sides of steamed broccoli and sauteed spring greens, which were great. I was looking for reasonably healthy options in an ocean of pizzas, burgers, chips, etc,, so it was a very pleasant surprise to see proper vegetable sides. I did have wine, which was lovely, but I’m aiming to stay off alcohol as much as possible otherwise. My weight loss is still very steady – a big whoosh this week with 2kg lost. I have no idea why, but I don’t mind.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hi ClemFlo, welcome!
    I myself haven’t been through anything like you have but I have definitely been met with my own resistance on countless occasions (for years and years). I’ve now been finding my feet with this WOE for 8 weeks and have had some really positive results – lost 1.5st, blood pressure meds halved, PCOS symptoms relieved, improved mental health to name but a few.
    I feel fantastic!

What does your doctor advise and what can your body cope with right now?

A few things have been key to me starting and staying with this WOE, checking in here daily, reading the books, having compelling reasons WHY I want to succeed, logging my food choices in to the Fatsecret app (other apps are available!!!) and watching relevant videos and listening to podcasts. This didn’t happen all at once, so easy does it and I have felt my way through and made adjustments as I’ve gone along. I’ve had to exercise a great deal of patience and be compassionate towards myself throughout. The people here have been supportive, informative and loving. This is a great place to be, invaluable!
    A good place to start, for me was to clear out my cupboards and fridge freezer of all the carbs that are harmful to me and restock with countless foods that would see me right.
    Wishing you all the best 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hi everyone! Another day and the last one of my initial 8 weeks. Weigh in tomorrow.
    Back on track today after a relaxed but controlled day yesterday.
    I’m going to carry on as I have been as I’m feeling good on it.
    Busy here having a clear out, I’ve set a stall up outside my house to get rid of stuff, including clothes that are now too big for me, no going back! Hooray! 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by wendleg
    on

Welcome ClemFlo
    I am really sorry to hear what you have been through and if we can do anything to support then you just have to ask. We are not medically qualified but I would like to make a few suggestions which might help you get into the right mind set and ease the fear and paralysis.
    First of all Jason Fung who advocates fasting to help metabolic and weight issues is a kidney specialist and he has written several books in case you don’t already know of them…
    The Diabetes Code
    The Obesity Code
    The Complete Guide to Fasting
    This will help you understand the role of insulin in weight gain and hopefully give you some confidence in maintaining the approach and your own health issues knowing that he is a nephrologist.
    Also : Domini Kemp and Patricia Daly have written extensively about the benefits of low carb,high fat diets ( in conjunction wiith medical support) in managing chronic illnesses. Both have survived cancer. Their book is called The Ketogenic Kitchen.
    Another book that comes to mind is ‘Anyway you can’ by Dr Annette Bosworth who shared her mother’s cancer journey and use of a ketogenic diet.
    She has a Youtube channel called Dr Boz
    You can find a lot of useful material ( videos, articles etc) on the DietDoctor website. I remember reading a lot about the dangers of sugar also .
    http://www.dietdoctor.com
    You really want to get back to healthy eating and you have made the first step. This way of eating worked for you in the past . Don’t be terrified ClemFlo…you want to be back in charge of your eating and maintain your health so that is best decision you could make !
    I hope you stay with us and you can be assured that we will do our very best to support and reassure you based on our humble experience

• posted by Britta
    on

Welcome ClemFlo – you’re in the right place!
    I’ve made it through my difficult post-cake day. It has been an interesting experiment. After so many weeks of having no cravings I really have felt the sugar beasties hard at work today. It hasn’t been impossible to resist, but I have had to distract myself more than usual. I’m a really good baker and I have no intention of never baking or eating cake again, but it certainly isn’t going to be a weekly affaire. I’m not too bothered about the 200 grams I put on as a result, they’ll be gone tomorrow, but that feeling of constantly wanting to eat something – I now think of it as “sugar hangover” – is not one I’m ready to return to. So the leftover cake remains untouched in the fridge and I am enjoying the fact that todays result was Britta: 1 / Sugar beasties: 0!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi all, I haven’t had time to do more than just skim the posts, but saw Wendy asking about my house sale. The potenital purchasers are getting the home inspector in to look at my flat tomorrow, so I have been busy trying to make everything just so and doing jobs that have been put off for a while, like cleaning under the sinks. Hopefully it goes well. I don’t think there is too much wrong with the flat, so hopefully no unpleasant surprises! Negotiations have finished on the farm and I just heard from the lender at the bank that my financing has been approved, so that is a big relief! I’m hoping to get the inspection done this week. I failed to get any farm equipment in the deal, but got a better price on the land and house as a result. I treated myself yesterday by going to the tractor dealership and test driving some tractors! No way can I afford a new one, but it gave me a much better idea of what I am looking for in a used one. Planning on eventually bringing my horse home (will have to find him a companion as well though), and then using the property for hay and a small market garden. One of my colleagues from work who is based a couple hours away said he will come out and help me design an irrigation system for the property, so things are really happening!

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Welcome ClemFlo,
    Wow my problems seem so insignificant compared to what you have been through. Here I am moaning about how I self sabotage my weight loss etc, and you and others have so much more to deal with.
    Well done Rosy on being able to sell off clothes that are too big..👏👏👏👏
    Yay Britta on not giving in to the cake👍👍
    I’ve managed to discard some weight again😊
    Great news for you Arctic fox on your new farm..U are amazing taking that on by your self..fingers crossed your flat sells sooner than later 🤞🤞🤞
    My day has started out with an argument with the people who have to come give us a class in pool maintenance ..we are renting so its part of the rental agreement 🙄
    They were supposed to be here at 9am, when they didn’t turn up by 9:30 I rang. They didnt answer so I sent them a message .. then they tell me the guy had been and noone answered the door … I told them that was RUBBISH..our fur baby barks at the slightest noise she doesn’t miss anything..and I was keeping an eye out for him. I couldn’t have missed him the window overlooks the road and we have a glass front door. Then they tell me when he comes on Thursday morning I’m to wait outside for him pffft!!!!!!
    Right I’m outta here the anger from the disagreement is over..I need cup of tea😊🖐️

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hello all! 😊
    I’ve weighed in and have discarded another 2llbs. Yay! That’s 1st 9llb at the beginning of my 9th week.
    Yesterday I wore a nice summer dress and a little top and just felt nice. I feel like a woman and not a blob anymore.
    My friend who has borrowed the BSD book from me is starting her journey today along with her partner. She has asked me to support her in this and I feel touched by that. Hopefully she’ll join us here.
    Have a good week everyone 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi ClemFlo and welcome. I’m so sorry you have been through so much and can completely understand why you are feeling lost and scared. Some really good advice and resources from Wendleg which I hope can help you. I’m sure your previous weight loss was due to this WOE, the main thing now is – as Rosy said – what does your doctor advise and what can your body cope with right now? But there are so many health benefits of eating a Mediterranean-style diet even without counting carbs and cals that perhaps that’s a good place to start for now? See how you go with that then perhaps move onto 5:2 and gradually start reducing carbs and cals. None of us on here are medical experts so do seek professional advice too: but we’re a friendly bunch and would love to be here to support you on your journey X

Wendleg just to say hope your last couple of weeks at school go well. I took early retirement from full-time teaching last year. I had been thinking of giving it another year and am SO pleased I didn’t! I’m really glad you get to go back into school and see the children, and will be able to go out on something more of a high than retiring “remotely”. Good luck!

Someone else was asking earlier about Pilates and I know that some links were shared, but I also like this really nice beginner’s video. It’s just 20 minutes and very friendly – gives you lots of information as you go along. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOYcySi-kpU

Have a good week everyone X

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Welcome ClemFlo, you’ve had a tough time, you will find lots of support here and this way of eating really does help, hopefully you enjoy it.
    Arcticfox – i actually have tractor test driving envy! That sounds so so much fun! I should have been the Royal Highland Show last week, we usually enjoy a full day out there (occasionally take a horse to compete) but mostly go for the jolly, and we do like looking at tractors, quads and accessories, but just dont have the funds for one, or the knowledge to keep an old one going!!
    Rosyapple – whoop for the weekend achievements! You have totally found a much more positive place and I’m so pleased for you! Genuinely, it makes me feel fuzzy, you’ve had a rough enough time and deserve all of this!
    Britta – the cake story is fascinating….. well done on making it through a hungry day! ITs tough. I similarly, dont want to think i’ll never eat cake again, my birthday is end of Aug so in my head i will allow myself something then….. but I am equally aware that i may well think better of it once we get there….will be interesting, i’m determined not to derail myself, I think i’m part of Wendy’s abstinence is the only way club, but i’m not ready to say ‘never’ yet.
    Well done on the discard Waitaminute…. good luck with the pool maintenance, form my very small interaction with leisure centres from a health and safety perspective, pool maintenance is pretty gross, but important!! 🙂
    zuzuvela – take away chicken and veg sounds spot on! Bit envious as have had to sort meals every day since lockdown, think we had an indian the second week in but thats it, everything else made from scratch or near enough! Also def envious of the woosh….. I could use one of them!
    Good luck on the finishing up of school Wendy, hope it goes smoothly and isnt too emotional.

I’ve had a quiet few days. No wait loss last week, i had an easy food week coasting somewhat, sticking to principles bit over calories, but i had my head in a reasonably good place and it was a stressful but successful work week. So I’m ok with that. and the inevitable result was a really good boost of motivation over the weekend. SO I am in the room, ready for a good one this week.
    I had no wine with saturday dinner which was easier than expected, and no after dinner cheese or salty snacks which was probably the first time in 6+ weeks! We went for a post dinner walk, made it about 200yrds where we found neighbours still in the garden inviting us for a drink for her birthday….. so i may have had the strongest cosmopolitan ever!! Pretty sure there was nothing but alcohol in it!
    Got some massive compliments about my weight from neighbour and her pal who havent seen me in a good while…. lovely to hear how visible this is becoming! Whoop.
    So here we go. think thats 8 weeks done, but i def have another 4 in me, would like to ditch another half a stone! And I’m ready! I’ve realised i need to not focus on food, stop looking at recipes, and stop trying to eat something “delicious” all the time, I just need to eat what i know i enjoy and that i dont need to research…. there is so much more to do and enjoy every day rather then spending hours worrying about food!

• posted by Britta
    on

Morning everyone. Good vibe on the thread this morning. I have been changing my mind daily about what to do now that the 8 weeks are up tomorrow. I think your post about having “4 weeks left in you” just swung it Julz! Let’s do it! Also the cake effect is still there in the form of some water weight, so I don’t have a safe enough buffer to the 80 kg mark.
    In other news today is the first day of my 7 year old daughter going back to school for two days a week. Who would have ever thought that getting up early, making breakfast, doing packed lunch and plaiting hair could feel so liberating?!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh Britta, I hope your daughter has a good day, should be lovely for her to interact with others and have something resembling a ‘normal’ day.
    Lets nail the next 4 weeks – I have had a couple of weeks which i feel have been a bit lax, there has been so much learning and self discovery though this time and I dont feel stable enough yet, and I think i still have habits to improve and develop! And I have come to realise that there isnt a time limit on eating well and i dont have to loose all the weight instantly, its ok if it takes time, first time ive ever felt like that, so I’m going to keep on, in bite sized chuncks, so 4 more weeks here I come! Would love to hit the 11st barrier which i thought was impossible and just a dream when i started out! A good 4 weeks, 2 lbs a week, would get me there….. thats motivating!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Rosy, it’s so good to read your upbeat posts … all very positive stuff. Good news on both the sale of clothes and the scales result. Best by far though, is that you are feeling comfortable in your skin and feeling good about your achievements to date.
    Julz, was a partial win on the alcohol front … it could have been wine plus cocktail! You’ve done brilliantly do far and I’m confident you and Britta can nail the next 4 weeks and chalk up more great results too.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone
    I am about to set up the new weekly thread ! ( Yes, it’s that time already !!)

• posted by wendleg
    on

It’s up and running everyone !!! xx
    One Week at a time beginning June 23rd 2020

Please log in or register to post a reply.