ONE WEEK AT A TIME BEGINNING AUGUST 11TH 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,have finished eating for the day and managed to keep under 800 cals and 50g carbs.Made the portobello pizzas which were on the MM programme last week and they were very nice.My teenage daughter helped me and really enjoyed hers so that was a bonus!May crochet tonight to keep my hands busy.Dawn

• posted by EclecticRajistani
    on

Hi all,
    Amazing BSD 👏 everyone! Keep going!

Just got back from a mini break in Central London, we had a great 👍 time, tourism in our own city bitter sweet. As loved having more space, eat out to help out but also how so many businesses, offices impacted due to covid 19. Weather has been 🥵

I stayed mostly in 800 calories, hours of walking reckon carb was above 20g-50g I tried to stay away from alcohol but I couldn’t but I didn’t over do it, still logged 😅 it all in 😬📝
    And I’m just going to carry on BSD. I did the keto urine test not sure how reliable it is but apparently I have lots of ketos?! Im just gonna keep going and keeping to 20g which really is the sweet spot for weight loss for me. 2weeks in and 7lbs lost but have noticed clothes feel alittle looser. Lost most of the weight in 1st week so no loss this week but to be expected so I have learnt on this forum.

Thank you for sharing your journey warts and all! It does really help to listen to you all.

Wendy congrats on the French citizenship so pleased for you. SunnyB thank you for starting the thread!

Have a lovely evening folks
    Xx

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Hi all, just wanted to write about body scans. If you have the possibility, I would highly recommend all to do one when starting this journey. I’m kicking myself for not doing that.
    I can do this scan at my gym, and only did it after loosing 13 kg (this was end of May). Did another one yesterday, and even though only 2 more kgs off the scales, I had dropped 5,3 kg in fat and built some muscle. So very pleased with that. Shows that things are happening “under the surface”, which also can be seen in my measurements.
    It also gives me new opportunities to set goals, my metabolic age needs a big improvement to match my real age for example 😬.
    Only really wish I had done a scan in January….

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Amz, I hope the emoji indicates you are in a good place; please expand! It is a testament to the variety of those posting, and getting something out of the forum, that we have the maybe slowly but contentedly getting there/coming back to getting there alongside the potential PhD candidates in cellular structure and gut biome.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’m plodding along and keeping busy with packing up my flat in preparation for my move. I’ve been wearing my next size down shorts even though they are still rather snug because the larger size ones really feel like they are getting too big. I’m not sure that the next size down ones feel much looser by comparison though. In fact, when my mum caught sight of me in them, she rather unkindly said ‘those shorts are pretty tight’, but I’m just wearing them around the house, so I don’t really care. I feel like they act as a reminder to stay on track.
    Jeremy – you may be interested in looking up carb cycling. It seems to be popular among athletes. I haven’t looked at the details myself, but I think it involves adding some more carbs back into the diet at strategic times in relation to workouts in order to improve performance and fat loss. I was attempting to do 2 or 3 fasts per week, at least one 36hr and the others 24hr. It was working fairly well for me. This past week though I have been eating 2MAD within a 4-6 hr eating window as that seems to be keeping my body a bit happier given the extra activity I am doing right now with all the packing.

• posted by No more banquets
    on

Thanks for replying to my carbs post SunnyB. Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the bsd diet & the fast 800 diet?

on

Found a thread that stated the fast 800 diet sticks to 800 calories per day & 50g of carbs & the bsd diet sticks to 20g of carbs per day but no calorie counting. Is this right?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

To answer the BSD vs Fast800 – they are basically the same diet. If you read the 2 books the diet plans are the same but the emphasis on diabetes is the main focus of the BSD. Both diets are 800 cals and neither specify exactly how many carbs you have to eat except you cant really eat a lot of carbs if you want to stay within the 800 cals. Most people aim for around 50g carbs but some go as low as 20g. I am diabetic and I have not been told I have to go down to 20g, I stick with the number of carbs I feel comfortable in maintaining and watch my blood glucose levels. The only carbs I eat are mainly vegetable (not starchy), some fruits like berries, and no processed, wheat, rice, pasta, potatoes, bread etc. The Fast800 also includes intermittent fasting and time restricted eating which are not in the BSD as it would be unwise to follow these as diabetics who have to maintain a steady blood glucose. That is not to say we cant do fasting or TRE.

on

Thank you sunshine-girl that was very helpful

• posted by weightykaty
    on

Hi can I join as I started on 11th and need help as have no will power esp in evening . Can someone tell me if you have a little oat milk in your tea? Thanks Everyone and keep going!

• posted by Jeremy Fisher
    on

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone.
    I think I need to research metabolic flexibility, carb cycling and autophagy more. I share anything I find with you.

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Morning all
    Air feels less muggy today after last night’s storms and rain.
    SunnyB hope you feel better today.
    It’s really encouraging and helpful reading everyone’s posts as I’m learning so much.
    I watched the first episode of Michael Moseley’s programme (I mistakenly thought there had been two shown so far) and thought the portobello mushrooms looked lovely, definitely one for me to try.
    I’m off out with my friend tonight for tea to the local Wetherspoons so will be trying to choose wisely. I think they note the calories next to menu items so that will help.
    I’ve read about ketone monitors on this thread and wondered if those who have them would recommend a particular brand? I Iooked online yesterday but reviews for some are very mixed.
    I have had a horrible headache since last night which I’ve woken up with today. I usually drink well over 4 litres of water every day so I don’t think it’s dehydration, most probably a result of the very hot sunny weather yesterday and then the storms last night.
    Anyway, hope you all have a great day and I’m so glad this post is still running.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Morning everyone.

I’ve had a slight headache too, which I think is weather related. I also feel a bit tired and stiff. Again I think it’s the heat, rather than the diet.

I’ve lost a pound!

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Well done Squidge! I’m trying to stay away from the scales as I find it demotivating when the figure doesn’t move! Let’s hope this tropical weather doesn’t last.

• posted by Lily
    on

Morning Lecurie and Squidge—how odd, I’ve also woken up with a headache. Hasn’t really thundered here yet but according to the forecast we’re due a storm anytime.

I know I said I wouldn’t weigh for a month but I’m useless at impulse control (there’s a reason I’m 5 stones overweight!) and decided to mark the end of week 1. I’ve shed 9.4lbs, which I’m very chuffed about! Wasn’t expecting such a great result having come straight from another weight loss plan (though it just goes to show how carb-heavy that plan was).

So, now for the slightly more challenging week 2, where the novelty’s worn off a bit and the scales won’t move as quickly, if at all. I’m noting down everything I’m eating as much to track the calories and carbs as to remind myself of the meals I had in week one that worked. If I’m going to do this for the long term I think I need to keep my meals varied, or at least extend my repertoire to have two weeks of different meals. For the most part I’ll probably eat the same meals (I’m a creature of habit!) but I do think the key for me will be to find ways of adapting my favourite meals to a low carb version so that I never feel deprived.

Watched the second episode of MM’s “Lose a stone in 21 days” last night (Lecurie, the second show aired at 9pm in the U.K. last night) and shouted at the telly a couple of times—for example, enough with using the ketostix! I can only assume the editing team left all that stuff in but there was a bit where one of the people opined that dark pink was much better than light pink—and no one put him straight.

There were a couple of other things too but I can’t remember them now. Probably something around the emphasis on high cholesterol levels. Anyway. Reminding myself it doesn’t matter because if this gets more people looking seriously at doing a low carb diet when previously they would never have tried, then that has to be a really good thing.

As always, when I’m in the zone, I get all evangelical about it. :). I was saying to my son last night how I don’t understand how I ever persuade myself that traditional diets will work for me when every time I’ve been successful it’s been through a low carb diet. Except I do understand… All it takes for me to crash and burn is a small bar of chocolate, usually eaten when I’m angry or stressed and almost as if I want to punish myself. And then it can take weeks, even months, for me to get back into the low carb mindset again. Sugar is truly evil stuff for me.

Hope everyone had a good day and our headaches ease!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,I had a long stressful dream last night as well,seems to be a common thing!Well done on the weight loss Lily,that’s brilliant.I doubt I will last a month without weighing either so will aim for every 2 weeks.Hope everyone has a good day.Dawn

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi everyone, great to read all your posts. I’ve had a hard couple of days with dreadful totm…not been this bad in a long time. Still, it should ease up soon. I can usually gain around 5 to 8lbs during this time so won’t go near the scales for a while. But, just before things started up I measured my waist to find it has shrunk by 1.5inches….very happy about that! 🙂 I also watched the second MM tv program yesterday….it did get me thinking more about doing some resistance training…I was impressed by his number of press ups lol. Anyway, hope everyone is safe and well. Weather is cooler here today thank goodness x

• posted by Squidge
    on

Lily, that’s an amazing loss! Even if you don’t lose more this week and just keep that off, you’ll have done really well.

I thought the ketostix things might be to illustrate there’s more to this diet than just cutting calories – it changes more than our weight. I do like the emphasis on overall health, rather than doing it mainly for looks. I’ve found the way he and his guests say making changes reduces the chances of things like dementia and heart disease to be motivating.

Ellie, well done on the smaller waist! The programme got me thinking about doing more exercise than walking too.

• posted by Lily
    on

Thanks Squidge
    And yes, absolutely, the programme is still motivating—after all, it got me motivated to give this another go so it’s definitely doing something right.
    And yes, you could be right about ketostix demonstrating that a lower carb diet works differently—I hadn’t thought of it that way. 🤔

on

Dont know what to say, we have just cancelled our 4th attempt to be with our family. I can hardly talk as my throat hurts with trying to hold back the tears. Will officially cancel our September sailing and keep our fingers crossed for Christmas.
    I know it goes against the diet but I am seriously thinking of planning a meal out with some friends. The last time I went out was for my birthday in February then in mid March we were locked down. Since then the farthest I have been is the supermarket so I really an not living, just existing. As long as everyone stays well I suppose that is the best we can hope for right now.
    Take care everyone.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I’m really sorry SG that you have had this further disappointment; it must be so frustrating and upsetting. Yes all fingers crossed that you will be reunited soon. It sounds as if meeting up with friends for a meal out might give you a boost, I’m sure it need not be wildly out of kilter with your WOE. And maybe just letting go and having a good cry rather than trying to hold back.
    Also, Bryla, hope all is well with your dog. The sardine treats went down, well, a treat, with my two and as you say, the one batch makes lots to keep in the freezer. Well done to everyone else! I am feeling slightly leaner – as before I can first feel it round the hips/bottom.

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Oh SG, I really feel for you. I know the disappointment.
    I would go out if I were you, now is the perfect time as you can sit outside with (hopefully) lots of space, and I’m sure you could make wise choices. Seeing friends is such a good consolation if it is possible.

I’m feeling quite frustrated. After sailing through my 4 week holiday without any problem with food/weight I’m back at work (or rater at home at work) and not moving around as much and I’m hungry all the time!!! Feel like I’m blobbing out!
    Thought It would be breeze to go back to skipping breakfast and longer fasts. Turns out no – not easy.
    I blame the heat a bit as I have trouble sleeping and that upsets a lot for me.
    Am struggling on here…

on

Thanks sixturkeys and Olive, as for crying, my husband is very much of the ‘pull yourself together’ brigade, so even if I do cry he gets quite angry – just his way. Nice thing about eating out here in France is there is hardly ever a carb in site so no potatoes or chips but occasionally some pasta or rice in small portions. I can always ask for extra veg or salad. Also, the restaurants I used to go to have nice big terraces. I have been living in a state of suspended something or other, everything waiting until we can get together with my daughter and 2 grandsons. Just had to ask for a refund on the panto we were going to at the Birmingham Hippodrome although they offered us seats for Christmas 2021. Our grandson will be too old and this was going to be our last. We have been going for 8 years. Older boy dropped out last year so no more panto. So trying to lose weight, not buying new clothes, my indoor shoes are falling off my feet, so there’s a treat waiting to happen. I have to start living in the now and get on with life as it is a new normal.

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Hi SG, I think your dining out options sounds fabulous, and you should definitely treat yourself to some new clothes (and shoes😊).
    It is easy to put life on pause in the current situation but you are right that we need to press play and get on with the new normal.
    I hadn’t seen my parent (just over 70) in 6 months, but last week we managed to arrange for them to come and stay with us. We live 5 hours away, so not really possible in a day trip. They got their own part of the house and we spent most time outside, all meals outside. Both me and my sister and our children could spend time with them and I could see it meant the world to them (and us). My in-laws are in the UK and we have not seen them or the rest of the family there for over a year. We were due to go at Easter but of course it was cancelled. Can’t see that we will be traveling anywhere this side of Christmas.
    We can only wait and see, but in the meantime we can do the best we can to be in the best health possible to tackle the virus if needed.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g I feel for you and sympathise., but yes maybe it is time to “press play’ ( wonderful phrase) and move on. I know how disappointing it must be for you to cancel yet another family get-together but you must GO OUT & DINE!
    My first outing since February 26th, when we were invited to dinner with friends, was last Tuesday, and it was mixed safety wise. BUT, my goodness it has so given me back my ‘joie de vivre’!
    Please go out and eat safely. Enjoy! Get back your purpose for living …. mine had disappeared even though I hadn’t realised until I got back a ‘purpose for living’!

• posted by Lily
    on

I’m so sorry Sunshine-girl, this bl**dy virus is messing about with our lives in so many ways. Definitely go out for that meal! Sending a big hug x

• posted by Lily
    on

Day 10. I’m struggling with my thoughts because the novelty factor is waning. On the one hand, I’ve lost 10lbs in 10 days. On the other, I still don’t really enjoy green vegetables but if I don’t add them, my plate looks so empty. Bits get stuck in my teeth which is just horrible. And swallowing them doesn’t feel the same as swallowing pasta. Sometimes I think I miss swallowing a lot of food with a particular texture more than the food itself. Is that weird?? Or is this the bacteria in my gut dying off and begging me to eat something they like?

Anyway. I will continue and try to ignore the voices in my head to jack it in. I’ve had ten days off work and have very mixed feelings about being back on Monday—again, trying to weigh gratitude for actually still having a job against, well, just wanting a longer break, if I’m honest. But I don’t have enough annual leave left to take more so it’s just tough and I will have to woman-up. 🙂

on

Hi everyone, feeling a little better today. Dreaded telling my daughter we cant go but she called me this morning and said if we went there and quarantined they would all have to and that would mean no work for them and no school for the boys, plus her partners children would be banned from visiting. So she was clear that we should not go. Then I had to have a conversation with our house sitters who seemed to think it would be okay if they came here and stayed indoors – with the pool and garden and working on their computers until we pointed out it is essential travel only. France has not shut the UK out yet but only a matter of time. We are optimistic and will keep our ferry tickets until a couple of weeks before the date and then re-shuffle. Money back, credit note or change the dates.
    I telephoned a friend to see if they wanted to go for a meal and they are too scared until the end of August when the tourists are still here. The Brits left en masse over the last couple of days but we still have the Germans, Dutch and even worse, the Parisiens. JOKE.

Lily, that is amazing, 10 lbs. Now is not the time to give up. Vegetables dont have to be green. What about stir fried mixed peppers or a tray bake of mixed veg i.e. aubergine, carrots, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes sort of a tray bake ratatouille. Or some crushed white beans. Look on some recipe sites for ideas for sides.

• posted by Lily
    on

Sunshine-girl, yes—I know it doesn’t have to be all green but those are the veg with the fewest calories. And this last couple of days I’ve struggled with keeping to 800. Yesterday I went to 900, today (so far) I’ve gone to 1750 (67g carb). I was craving Greek yogurt like crazy—have been craving it for days—and the supermarket had run out of the smaller pots, only had a big one. I weighed out and measured a portion—only to go back to the fridge the moment I’d finished it and grab the rest of the pot.

Could be worse—it’s only yogurt, not Haagen Dazs. But this is what I meant earlier today when I first posted. This is what I do after being successful for a few days. The harder I try not to the more likely it is I will. Especially against a backdrop of family angst with my father being, well, himself and causing trouble (a long story, not for today), my son going to stay with his girlfriend again tomorrow for a few days (I’m really not good with being on my own anymore—not sure I ever was) and the prospect of going back to work on Monday when I’d really like a few more days off but can’t afford them because I don’t have enough leave yet.

Hey ho. Should just have eaten more peppers.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Sorry for your frustrations, Sunshine-girl.

Lily, ten days isn’t long to get used to something new. Hold on a bit longer, if you can, and the veggies will begin to seem more normal, rather than something you’re eating as a substitute for what you want, which it seems is how you think of them at the moment. Don’t feel bad about the extra yoghurt – a bit more of something low carb is far, far better than eating something full of sugar, or giving up entirely.

I don’t think it’s weird to miss the texture of a particular food. Not many people would be tempted to eat soft crisps (chips), gritty yoghurt or chewy fruit – the texture of many foods is important. Have you tried courgetti, or low card noodles?

• posted by Squidge
    on

Forgot to report how I’m getting on!

Weight has stayed almost the same (1lb lost this week), but on the plus side I feel healthier, I’ve been exercising more, and having no trouble with the 16:8 fasting. I’m eating the right things, just a bit too much still. I will try harder!

on

Lily you say you are up to 1750 cals already today, can you give us a list of what you are / have eaten to give us some idea on how to help more. My weight is still the same but that is not a bad thing considering the mild depression I am feeling – not depressed just sad and frustrated. For the first time husband opened up and said he was feeling really down and we started to discuss returning to the UK to be with our family as a permanent move. He said ‘you know how I feel’ , I said ‘no i dont because you dont tell me’ – he said ‘thats why I dont talk you are having a go’. End of conversation, dont know what I said wrong except he doesnt tell me things which is true. Anyway, it is out there now, we are both wanting to go back but still not wanting to leave here. Dilemma. We are going to have to write a for and against listing.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g that really is a dilemma.
    We are going through something similar with both of our children living in other parts of the country. We have been talking recently about moving closer to one of them. So we’ve decided to have our home, which I love, valued, next week, we are renting an apartment for a month. next month and we are going to see how we fit in and what sort of property we could afford. Living there will be totally different to taking holidays. Maybe you could think along similar lines. I know they have their own lives so we won’t be living in each other’s pockets . My thinking is that we may be lonely in a new area no matter how nice it is. Anyway, an experiment or maybe an adventure. We will see!
    After living in France for so long you may also find it difficult to move back here and leave your pool etc.
    A dilemma indeed ….. hope you find a resolution to the problem.

on

Can I be honest here V – we are pretty lonely here, especially since Covid and we realise we have no close friends. The French are lovely but they dont like to mix outside family and are very hard to get to know. It is a cultural thing, I think we are too full on and they dont trust that. Also our French was not great when we moved here and our neighbours were afraid to chat to us in case we looked at them blank. They dont realise we can now speak the language better, although it is difficult when you have only the cashier in the supermarket and the doctor to speak French to. We havent learnt daily French and talk like a text book, or as one French friend said, like Voltaire. An author from years and years ago. If we go back to the UK we would move in with our daughter and then together we would look for a house with an independent annex for us. She realises she will have to care for us eventually so it would be better to have us close but not living on top of them (or with them). One of the biggest worries is the move itself, selling the house, selling our belongings, what to get rid of, what to keep. It took us 5 years of planning to get out here so I dont mind a year or so getting back. Hope you find what you are looking for and get to be nearer to family. It is what is important in the end.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g sounds like you’ve pretty well made up your mind! I guess it would be better to move back as a couple rather than solo, if anything happens, and we do have to think about that. If your lonely there then I don’t think there’s a contest.
    If you are moving in with your daughter then maybe you should make a ‘plan’. Possibly start to sort through your possessions now, a bit of an ‘autumn’ clean. Then maybe give yourself some deadlines to work to. It’s always difficult to plan when you have a property to sell because we never know how long it will take.
    As you say being near family is the most important. In our case it will be a matter of closer to one and further from the other …. rock and hard place comes to mind!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I’ve not been over active on here, but this week will be better so I’ll jump into new thread once its on the go.
    But, sunshine-girl, I really feel for you reading your posts, it is hard when you’re a bit sad etc but sounds like you are really going through it. 2020 has been such a horrid year but one thing i think a lot of people are finding is that its a chance to take stock and realise what is important to us. Its not been just another trip round the year too busy to take everything in, we have been able to reflect and see life for what it is, even if that means difficult reflections and even more difficult decisions. It sounds as though you and your husband have both thought a lot about where your priorities are and actually probably want the same thing – even if its not well communicated (you are definitely not on your own with the type of conversation). Dont be lonely if you can help it, dont stay somewhere for the wrong reasons, you deserve to be happy and if that is close to your family then allow yourself to take the steps in that direction. Life is short and we owe it to ourselves to try things, to change things, be kind to ourselves and to be as contented as possible.
    Same advice Verano – look at what is right for you and your family, i appreciate it is difficult with 2 children in different locations, but you will know what the right options are.

If you dont mind the crude summary – 2020 – the year for getting our sh!t together.
    For me also, it has been a year of reflection, change and still some difficult decisions to come, but I am glad not to be continuing the way i was, on the same merry-go-round, totally dizzy without really admitting it!

on

Hi everyone and thanks to those who have taken the time to read my miserable posts and give helpful thoughts. V, there was no way I was going to go without husband, it was just that he wasnt willing to talk about things. We have a plan, starting with our list of things for and against each country. Family are very much at the top of both our against for France but we dont worry about that when we can travel freely and see them when we want to. We are starting a clear out today and giving ourselves 6 months before we put the house up for sale. We might not have a problem as we have a neighbour who wanted to buy it when he thought we would be going back after Brexit but we would need to get it valued. All things to think about.
    Anyway, back to the diet. Slight gain over the weekend but a couple of days will shift that. My September holiday goal has gone now but I still have to see my doctor around 15th Sept and want my weight to be less than last time – he always bl–dy weighs me, it is his fault I put on the weight in the first place – insulin injections. My very first appointment had me at 63 kg and he said he would prefer me to be 60 kg for my height. I was from that first appointment he sent me to have full blood works for his records and discovered I was diabetic. Hey ho, those were the days.
    Hope everyone is keeping well.

• posted by Mumof4infrance
    on

Sunshine girl, I completely understand your sadness, my sister was meant to come out for a holiday this week but couldn’t after the changes to travel. I haven’t seen my family for over a year and was meant to have a massive family party in July for my 40th but that obviously got cancelled. Sometimes living in another country is pants! I don’t know whereabouts you are, but if you are anywhere near the north 86 I would happily meet up with you for a socially distance lunch or similar.

Not a great first week for me 3.5lbs lighter but I had my daughters birthday and went away for a couple of days so I know I could have done better!

on

Thanks mum, we are 24 Bergerac – too far. We should be on our way to Spain right now but that was cancelled and now our September trip too. What about Christmas????

• posted by Mumof4infrance
    on

That’s a shame about Spain and that you are too far for us to meet up.
    I am really worried about Christmas….It’s our big family Christmas this year (all 30 of us). We have hired a house so we can all stay for 4 nights for the first time, but whether it will be possible….

on

Thanks mumof4, we are booked for Christmas in the UK but have just had a message from our cat/house sitter that they want to cancel. Too worried and cant get a ferry as they are all booked (limited spaces) and twice the price. We are now trying to get a sitter closer to home or we still have the option of the cattery (at €1000 for 3 cats). Thing is though, we dont even know if we will be able to go. I will be devastated – again. Hope everything is okay for your big plans, my daughter calls this a sh!t storm. Just lets all stay well and look out for each other.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sorry everyone….late setting up the new weekly thread as we are busy with visitors but it will be up and running tomorrow ! Xxx

• posted by Squidge
    on

Just weighed in and I’ve lost another pound. That 2 this week, which is definitely a step in the right direction.

This is a terrible year in lots of ways, not least for making plans. I think that’s what a lot of us find hard – we can’t look forward with any confidence to events in the future, as we know they may get cancelled. We have no idea how long this will go on for, or if/when things will get better or worse. All we can do is take care of ourselves and those around us, concentrate on things within our control and look for any little positives in our lives.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Wise words, Squidge
    It’s late but it’s there …the new weekly thread is up and running.
    One week at a time beginning August 18th 2020

• posted by weightykaty
    on

Am leaving as never had replies from these forums

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry if you have felt unsupported, Katy. We always try to respond to posts … might not always be the same person picking up on posts, but someone usually responds. Forgive me if I’m stating the obvious, but have you remembered to tick the ‘Notify me of follow-up replies via email’ box on the threads you have posted to? This is the best way to ensure you see any responses.

Please consider giving us another chance, as we wouldn’t like to think we have failed someone, but of course, you must do whatever you feel to be right for you and I wish you all the best for the future, whether you decide to give the forum another go or not.

• posted by Bryla
    on

Hi Katy. I’m so sorry and would echo Sunny’s request that you give us another chance. I just looked back for your posts and remembered intending to reply about the oat milk, but must have got distracted. I know I find sometimes I can’t hold all the posts in my head when the thread gets busy and I miss responding to people.

So with respect to the oat milk, yes you could have it as long as you count it in your daily calories, or indeed cow’s milk in the same way. Other milks are perhaps more BSD- friendly. I switched to unsweetened almond milk back in January and while the taste is definitely different I adjusted to it and enjoy it in coffee, though I’ve never tried it in tea.

If you feel you can’t give us another chance then I wish you all the best xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Katy !!! Don’t leave us ! Give us a chance to help you ? You only posted twice on this weekly thread ( question about oat milk ?)
    Maybe you didn’t realise that we start a new thread every week and the old one stops getting comments as we move over ??
    Thanks for responding Sunny and Bryla ….I echo your thoughts.

We are here if you feel you can join in on the new thread , Katy
    One Week at a time beginning August 25th 2020

all the very best to you xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.