One week at a time beginning 2nd November NEED A NUDGE FOR NOVEMBER ? REBOOT !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I was trying to squeeze in 2021 but too many characters !

Can you believe it is November already ? I’m afraid this is another year I will be happy to see the back of ( sorry to be grumpy )

I am ,however ,feeling upbeat about pushing towards the end of year and the remaining two months with renewed motivation.

So who is with me ? Anyone flagging a bit, feeling the need for a reboot ?

Looking forward to hearing from you and sharing any victories and of course, struggles .

Sunshine girl is back and always on hand to help out with her sound advice . Sunny B is still away until early December but I am sure she will pop in some time .

We can do this folks !
    Wendy wendleg xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

We would love to see as many of you as possible back with us . It doesn’t matter if you are feeling disillusioned right now . There is always time to make a difference .

Wendleg /Wendy
    SunnyB
    Sunshine girl/Denise
    Florab85 /Lauren
    Onestep
    Elle-mae
    Orange Panda Momma/Amz
    RubyG and hubby
    Windyjulz
    Antigone
    Tulip/Clare
    Arcticfox
    JGwen
    California girl/Julia
    Caronl
    Merry melba
    AlysJ
    Stresseatingpro
    CurryTruck
    Iggyboo
    LindaandHubby
    Annie W
    Handles
    Rockandrolltofu
    shammy
    GAD
    Julinka
    Magicbean
    BernieR
    Sixturkeys
    Neicolec

• posted by florob85
    on

Thanks Wendy, you’re not being grumpy! I think most of us won’t be sorry to say bog off to this year!!

I’ve actually managed an entire day on plan and there is nut crusted chicken in the oven with roasted veg as I type, this doesn’t sound much but lately it’s an achievement!

Tally hi everyone x

Lauren xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Good to see you Lauren and glad to hear you sounding more upbeat . Nice grub there !!

• posted by Russianroulade
    on

Good evening all.
    After a summer (and most of Autumn )off, I am back on plan. Have gained about 7 pounds and would like to shake them off and maybe a bit more before Christmas. That way I know I can go into the festive period without the risk of tipping back to where I was at the beginning of the year. I think the biggest thing for me, is the need to avoid alcohol, so after tomorrow (boyfriend’s birthday) I’m doing a sober November, as that always seems to work well for me.
    Glad to see so many of you are still going.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Good to see you back with us Russian Roulade !
    That target is well within reach and we will be cheering you on !

• posted by OrangePandaMomma
    on

Hi. Amz here.
    I’m joining in with the hope of success. I hate how life always gets in the way. 😩 i need to go back including a week’s worth of meal prep into my Sunday schedule. Still recovering from my cold, but I’m here.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’m in!!
    November is always quite a motivational month for me, feel like the best for of defence against winter is attack; and clock change and beginning of November is the time to get going! So far so good…. haha, day 2!
    I’m been on and off over the past few weeks, been on a road trip and made some very good food choices…. and some bad ones. Ready to be consistent and make the rest of the year count!
    Go Lauren – one day at a time – you got this!!
    Russianroulade you sound like your in a similar place to me, lets be making it work! Sober November is a good plan, I’ll certainly be keeping very moderate on the alcohol front (I struggle on a Saturday night as we eat with my 86 year old dad and he loves to provide the wine and is always a bit sad if i refuse….so one glass of red a week i think is reasonable!)
    Amz you are right, life can certainly get in the way and I certainly found food choices easier when covid prevented sociable occasions, but i guess thats the thing, we need to be able to make this way of eating fit with life….. its a long learning curve!
    Wendy – as ever, thank you for the post, so much of what you say always resonates with me and i am ever grateful for your contributions!

Bring on November, dark nights and colder temperatures! I’m actually (almost) looking forward to the first time we go out side and the frost nips our nose!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Go steady Amz and do what you can as you recover. It’s hard to plan and organise meals when you are feeling unwell. For sure life does get in the way but we are glad to see you with us. Maybe try to make some warming soups ?
    Hi Julz ! I know you are never far away ! Glad you are feeling motivated for the 2 month stretch !
    I’m off to the hairdressers today for a much needed tidy up. Will be back later ! Have a good day/evening everyone wherever you are xx

• posted by RubyG
    on

RubyG and hubby sheepishly checking-in – after our 1-year anniversary on this WOE and a really good week last week, it all fell apart since Friday. Maybe I am being overdramatic, as we haven’t piled into any carbs, just not been able to avoid the usual suspects of portion control and snacks since attending a family event over the weekend.
    Anyway, keeping on keeping on as SG would say, and following the support on here.
    Have a good week all!

• posted by florob85
    on

Big hugs and motivation to Windy, RussianRoulade (welcome back!), Amz and Ruby!! You can do this!!

I’m sitting here at my computer with yet another migraine, I’m wearing my ice hat because I really have to get on today, I’ve got loads to do, but my brain feels like it wants to climb out through my eyes!! However I’m proud of myself because I know from experience that something sugary would sort it out but I haven’t caved! Willpower people!

L x

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

you got this Lauren….. and you know something surgary would only be a short term “fix” but in the medium to longer term its not going to help. Bless you and your ice hat. Wish there was a magic something we could do to help you out. Tough times. xxx

• posted by florob85
    on

I’ve got a video meeting soon Windy, I’ll have to take it off because I look ridiculous, it’s like those helmets little children wear if they have flat heads, but made of ice, it is an absolute godsend!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh I hope it was ok and you managed not to have to be on screen. I get very occasional migraines and can imagine the ice hat would be pretty useful, though i tend to feel like i would like little ice pads for my eyes as all my migraines start with visual interruption and my eyes ache.
    I hope you know tho, the image of you working with a wee ice helmet on has made me smile. 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, welcome back Russianroulade and OrangePandaMomma.

Been a bit of a stuggle for me for various reasons and all stupid excuses. Daughter has cancelled her wedding party but not the wedding. They are getting married in the registery office on a Wednesday and she had this idea for a sort of hippy festival with tents and dancing and folk music and booked a venue. Then she booked at tipi, then found the tables and chairs came separate. Then told she needed a generator, toilets, showers and on and on and on….. I wont go on but the cost was hitting £25,ooo for a stupid party. I let them get on with it and one night they both came to their senses. So not a big upset for me but the reaction of his parents was terrirble. Letting the family down, not keeping up the appearances expected, losing credibility etc etc. How stupid. This is a second marriage for both and was just supposed to be a weekend party.

My second worry has been my health. Over the last month or so I have been suffering from crippling cramps. Even soap in the bed stopped working. So bad a wanted to scream. Then the last few nights the cramp has been in my chest. Hubby wanted to phone an ambulance as he thought I was having a heart attack. Anyway, I breathed through it and took my BP and pulse which were both normal. So I have stopped taking the statins for cholesterol. I have noted the date in my daily register of BG, weight, insulin etc that I keep for the doctor and will let him know when I see him in December. In the meantime I will have to keep my diet cholesterol friendly so olives and nuts as snacks and plenty of leafy green veg. Straight away the cramps have stopped.

I havent been totally off plan and managed to still have lost 3lbs since we got back from the UK and still need to lose another 9lbs before Christmas. We were supposed to go to a Halloween party/dinner/quiz night last night but I couldnt bear the thought of messing up on the first official day of my Sober Novemer (newly made up for me) so we didnt go. Will just keep on keeping on…

• posted by florob85
    on

Windy the ice helmet is working but my eyes still feel like they are trying to escape from my head!

SG – isn’t it ridiculous all the added extras for the parties! I remember it being the same when my sister got married, everything was separate. Fortunately we’ve chosen a venue that includes everything apart from photographer etc. but it’s still costing a fair amount! So sorry to hear you’ve been poorly but it sounds like you’re listening to your body and what it needs, sometimes these additional medications don’t do us any good! Big hugs to you

Sobember works? If you can have Stoptober i reckon you can have Sobember!

L x

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g sorry to hear about your health but it sounds like you are taking good measured steps. So olives, nuts and leafy greens are good for us … who would have guessed! Anyway, with all seriousness I hope you are well soon.
    Weddings …. WOW … always a problem, whenever was there a wedding that didn’t upset somebody!!! The important thing is that they both have a lovely day and a wonderful future together …. the rest is peripheral.
    Keep well.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Slightly apprehensive to post but…
    (a) reboot seems ok, scales down but more importantly just feel better. MagicBean how are you?
    (b) SunshineG, I can imagine how worried your husband must have been seeing you in pain. Can you get this checked out soonest? What do you think is link to cholesterol? I’m just asking out of interest – arteries?
    (C) Orangepandamomma/the artist formerly known as Amz: i still remember posting yonks ago (2019/2020?) in response to your post about the photos you had of yourself at a party; it might have been a lunch at your church: you recognised how attractive you were and are. That is you!

on

Verano. my point was just trying to think of a few good things for cholesterol and that was what came to mind. I have to be careful with nuts so just a few, some seeds, chickpeas, beans etc etc. Not so much the high fibre fruit recommended as I only eat berries and maybe an apple once a week.

6T you dont need to be apprehensive. All views and comments accepted. My cholesterol is an on going problems since my early 40’s and no amount of meds could bring it down until I found this diet. So it is not only great for diabetes but a whole host of medical problems. The cause of the chest pain is more than likely the statins I take for the cholesterol which can cause cramps. Mine have been getting more and more severe until a few nights ago I had cramp in my chest. I assume it is not a heart problem as I had a full medical around June and my cardiograph was good, saw doctor about a week ago and he did usual pulse, BP and listened to my heart and said all was well BP 125/70, pulse 68 and heart beat strong. So I am assuming it is cramp. Nurses make the worst patients and if it had been anyone but me I would have sent them straight to hospital… But I have stopped the statins which is what I did before with doctors advice. Just have to watch cholesterol doesnt go up again so will have to make sure I get all the good cholesterol foods.

Hubby was at the doctors today and he weighed him (unusual as hubby is quite slim). He said he had gone from 80kgs to 76kgs since beginning of year. He also said, I think your wife is looking after you. I do have to keep an eye on his cholesterol and blood sugar and quickly put him on a healthy diet when he needs a kick up the rear end. Just every now and then his blood works show he is slipping.

Nite nite all.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Glad you are ok SG . I would certainly have been worried but I think your nursing experience kicks in to ground you . I am not convinced about statins to be honest but I am not a doctor and my hubby won’t entertain what I think about them .

Six T I hope you stay with us to log your progress . I am going back to basics here for my reboot which is what I need at the moment. Keeping my meals fairly simple with protein and veg and no snacking on nuts.

Hi Verano ! Are you off on your travels anytime soon ?

How are you feeling today Lauren, Clare , Amz ?

I had a nice time at the hairdressers yesterday with a refreshed coppery colour and a good thinning out of my mop . I am trying to look after my skin too as it needs a bit of TLC .

Today is a grey, rainy day in SW France so I am staying in watching pastel tutorials

Hope everyone is ok xx

on

Hi all, I am certainly feeling a lot better and no more cramps since stopping the statins. I have been on them for around 25 years before they started to give me problems. I am in two minds about them as I am high risk for stroke and heart problems which is why I opted for the lowest dose just to keep myself safe. I did exactly what my doctor advised I did last time I was having cramps and stopped taking them but my cholesterol soon went back up but that was before I found this diet. I have managed to get both my husband and my brother’s cholesterol levels back into normal levels with my dietary advice so should be able to keep myself down low. My brother is a gym bunny and was carbing up before his DAILY gym session. He lives in Thailand and was on a staple of rice and more rice. Soon got rid of that and he is doing okay now.

Weight is back down to what it was before I went away so now looking to get even lower for my Christmas goal. Doing TRE from 8pm until breakfast which I hold off until around 10.30 or even lunchtime if my blood sugar levels allow. Hopefully, keeping the being alcohol free will get me through to next Monday with even bigger loss.

Hi Wendy, sure your hair looks lovely as usual. I had to forego my colour and streaks since my hair has been falling out. Still is but I am not due for a cut until mid December. Cant see the point when we dont go anywhere.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g glad you’re feeling a lot better today. Hopefully you will be able to control your cholesterol with this WOL especially as you were on the lowest dose of statins …. fingers crossed!
    Wendy …. travels …. if only!! We got back from our last overseas trip towards the end of February 2020. We’ve had a couple of staycations this summer which were lovely but the weather was disappointing and I really do miss the warm weather. We have no trips on the horizon until March 2022 when we hope to go to the Canaries…. a rearranged trip from March 2021. I’m really hoping to make up for lost time in 2022 but who knows???
    Did your ‘birthday’ parcel ever arrive in Australia? Better luck with the Christmas one.
    Strangely when you started this thread I had just looked in my diary and I’d got back to my January 1st 2021 weight and thought ahh yes 8 weeks to get into 2022 at a lower weight than I started the year!
    Still trying and keeping on keeping on…….

• posted by Antigone
    on

Well you all seem very chipper and motivated – glad you are better SG. I had a slight wobble but back on track and no serious harm done. Tired this evening, weds is a late finish for me ( art teacher) and then I have animals to see to…feet up and a nice coffee for me.
    Really good to read your posts – you are all stars 🙂

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I was playing around with weight converter today and see there is a unit of weight (perhaps more properly mass, don’t understand physics!) called a slug. My current target (maybe a bit optimistic but let’s see) is to discard half a slug by Jan 2022. Makes a difference from turkeys!

• posted by OrangePandaMomma
    on

Six turkeys,
    Haha, that was years ago. I’m trying to get back to that mindset

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

OPM/Amz. When you say “years ago”, we’re talking 2019. 2020 was such a bizarre year to put it at lowest so let’s look back to 2019 and mindset then. It does work.

• posted by florob85
    on

Ladies and gents I need a talking to, be as harsh as you like!!

I’m seriously struggling, I keep trying every week to start again, and last maybe two or three days and just slip back into bad habits – I’m not eating “badly” per se, like not sugar and stuff, but carbs are creeping in, the odd sandwich, the odd potato, the odd bit of pasta or rice. I’ve done this plan properly before, I know it works, but I just can’t get my head back in the game. I’m feeling so unwell with stress at the moment, and headaches all the time, ME is flaring like nobodies business, mental health is not great, and I start getting a whiff of carb flu on top and my body just screams for some release – and I know the carbs don’t help in the long term, but I also know in the short term it does get rid of the headache, it does give me a boost of energy. But I also know once I get past it I do (eventually, it takes months for me) start feeling better. I’m also struggling with motivation to cook, I love cooking but I’m just so so so tired. I’m so sick of working from home. I’m so sick of not teaching face to face. I’m so sick of being stuck in my little study day after day after day, only interacting with people over zoom. But I also know I need to lose the weight, for my health as well as to fit into my dress, but I just cannot get going, every day just turns into “mañana, mañana” and it’s now NOVEMBER already and the year is almost over.

So I need HELP! Send harsh words, kick up the bum, encouragement, motivation, tips, anything you’ve got!!

PS hope everyone else is ok

Lauren xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh Lauren bless you. It’s tough to read you are struggling. I reckon you are pretty amazing to keep going with all the stress and health worries.

I think the key to getting through the week and not just the first 2 or 3 days is to plan. Put a few hours aside at the weekend to prepare some meals you can freeze or incorporate some simple recipes in the week which do not require lengthy cooking when you are tired. Ingredients all ready…and just chuck it together. Stir fry ? Frittata ? Leave the more elaborate dishes for when you have more energy.
    You have to ride out the carb flu. Giving in to it just means you never break free from the vicious cycle.

I get that working from home is frustrating and unsatisfying. I hated it. Can you just get out for a brief walk ?
    .Fresh air is a proven mood lifter .

Are you anxious about the upcoming wedding and subconsciously self sabotaging ?

I haven’t got any magic solutions. Consistency is important but it is hard to keep everything going when you are not in a good place..physically and mentally.
    Definitely no carbage Lauren. Carbs are not your friend.

I am thinking good anti inflammatory foods to support gut health, kefir and fermented veggies, green juices,warming ,comforting soups..
    Too much stress too. Any changes that can be made to ease the pressure ?

I wish we could all just get together for a good old chat over a coffee !
    (I’ve got two empty rooms in my old farmhouse ! )

Don’t be despondent Lauren. Nobody is perfect. Nobody gets it right all.the time. You never give up though .
    No kicks from me..but a big warm hug xx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

O.M.G. Where IS my motivation?
    🙄🙄🙄🙄

Have not read the thread yet…..just thought better get my arse here and try and sort myself out.

Catch up soon, love u all xxx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

It’s clear reading a number of posts that we all at times go through lack of motivation/I’ll do it tomorrow phases, all for different reasons and we all have different reasons for the “lightbulb moment”. All are different! Lauren I think Wendy’s tip to go for a walk (simply for the sake of going for a walk) is a really good one, especially as the days are getting shorter. Easy to say, but you do seem to be a in cycle of stress – ie you feel stressed, eat something for a quick “fix” and then that makes you feel even more stressed; I do understand. Might it help if you were to change things round in your study a bit? To make it seem like a “fresher” place – might be difficult with plug sockets etc but maybe just moving the furniture round, putting up new pictures, nice new stationary, flowers, plant? And if not difficult with your ME, possibly sometimes putting screen up so you stand rather than sit on a zoom call? Re cooking, I only have myself to cater for, but one example. I love courgettes and usually roast them. They shrink alot so that way I eat more. Recently have had raw grated, few cherry toms and fresh parsley, simple splash of oil and vinegar. It is really tasty and one courgette does two portions (I’ve had with meatballs (v simple just mince, garlic/parsley/just a bit of oil to hold together) and also v tasty with fried halloumi or just some feta. Keeps well in fridge so you could make up a batch which would do four meals say. I think it’s really lovely and so fresh tasting! Personal challenge is banishing wine o’clock but this kind of food helps…Onwards!

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Wow! Lots going on for all of us…wish I had some answers for the motivation thing too Lauren…

At least I am currently managing to steadily increase the exercise (breathing has been slowly recovering since the covid booster a few weeks ago), even though the food aspect is rather on/ off.

My mood is low- life just seems somewhat overwhelming atm and if I could split myself into 5 pieces I reckon I’d have a good chance of keeping up with all the tasks 🙄🙄

Love to all xxxxx

• posted by florob85
    on

Posted in the wrong forum!

Tulip huge hugs winging their way to you! Hate it when I feel low for no real reason, so sending lots of love, I completely get the life being overwhelming thing. If you ever want to talk over WhatsApp or something, or anyone else for that matter, I’m putting my number in longhand at the bottom of the message.

Wendy thank you for the sage advice, I’m still out in the weeds but I think you might have a point about the wedding, I think maybe I’ve convinced myself so deeply that I’m not worthy of being loved or seen as beautiful, that maybe I’m letting it be a self fulfilling prophecy that I’ll look like a troll on my wedding day, and look back at the photos and say see I told you so!

Six turkeys, thank you for all the suggestions, unfortunately I might be exaggerating when I say “study”- what I mean is squished into a corner of my spare room/laundry room/all round dumping ground! But thank you for the suggestions, I hate courgette (just can’t get to liking it no matter what I do) but I’ll certainly spend some time planning meals this weekend.

Bernie, if you’re logging in on your phone, when you log in select the remember me tick box underneath – it keeps you logged in then, I have the same issue, it’s annoying!
    Keep on keeping on everyone xx

My number for any who want it
    Zero
    Seven
    Seven
    Two
    Five
    Five
    Two
    Eight
    Zero
    Four
    Seven

Lauren xx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

thanks Lauren! I have messaged you my number now xx

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

I have had a good week food wise, but stressful work wise, busier than usual and too many people in the office which overwhelmed me and made it hard to concentrate. I had been suffering from bad sciatica for the last month which finally went away last week only to return again on Wednesday so finding it very hard to sleep as it is way more painful in bed. On the plus side I have made a new friend 😁

• posted by florob85
    on

Oh no Elle-Mae I feel your pain (literally! With sciatica!! Do you have a tens unit? It’s literally the only thing that helps me if I have a flare up of my sciatica. I tend to struggle more standing and walking, but it helps in bed to have a pillow between your knees if sleeping on your side, or under your knees if on your back. If it’s caused by a trapped nerve (mine is) something that helps release it over a few days is lying on your front with a big pile of pillows (as many as you can tolerate) under your pelvis so you are bent in an upside down v shape at the pelvis, try lying like that for about half an hour a few times a day and gradually it stretches out the muscles and releases the nerve. Heat pads on the sore area in your back help as well.

L xx

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

I don’t have a tens unit, I will take a look at them. I do sleep with a pillow between my knees, it is the only comfortable position and I will give the lying on the front with the pillows a go. I use ice packs, got them on at the moment 😉 and do physio exercises daily. It is caused by spinal stenosis. I had it really badly for the first 4 months of this year, but have suffered from it on and off since 2000 😢

• posted by florob85
    on

Poor you, I got my tens on Amazon and it didn’t cost much, it’s a godsend though. Bless your heart x

on

Hi all, hope you are having a good weekend. I have been behaving myself and no alcohol but my weight has stayed the same. I put this down to me trying to be cholesterol friendly and eating more carbs than usual. One night we had a half and half (mince and lentils) cottage pie with a swede topping then last night we had cassoulet which is white (haricot) beans with duck and toulouse sausage. Quite carby but good carbs. I can tell because my blood glucose is still coming down after my holiday and is now very low at around 3.5 to 3.7.

Will go back to my usual v.l. carb diet this week now I have used up the swede (or was it turnip – can never tell) and we have finished all the dried lentils that have been sat in a jar for around 5 years. 🙂

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    It’s been ages since I last posted, although it doesn’t seem that long due to how busy I’ve been. I had to go back and look at what my last post was. Anyway, the fall has been incredibly busy on the farm. We finally have had a substantial amount of rain. Garlic is all planted (642 cloves!) and I was able to get my winter salad greens transplanted and they are nice an cosy under a low polytunnel now. I spent today cleaning up weeds and laying down weed membrane to try to save myself a lot of work next spring. Julz – we’ve been as cold as -10 C some mornings, so I’ve definitely already had the frost nipping at my nose! No snow yet though, so glad of that. Definitely will be glad to see the back of this year as well. I was so exhausted after what we went through this summer. I thought it was just lack of sleep, but after getting caught up on that, I realized that I was likely very low on iron too. So frustrating that I can never seem to keep my levels up. I’m back on my tablets now and starting to get a bit more energy already even though it’s only been a couple of weeks. It was also driving huge carb cravings so hopefully will be able to start getting on track diet-wise now too. Food is actually starting to taste like food again instead of like cardboard.
    So for November, I am just concentrating on making sure that I eat relatively healthy foods and not being too hard on myself. I was thrilled to discover this month that I may no longer be allergic to soy. Yet to be confirmed, but I ate a green curry ready meal and it just seemed from the front of the packet that it was just veggies, so I made a potentially lethal mistake and didn’t look at the ingredient list on the back. Turns out it had tofu in it. Usually it takes around 20 min after consuming soy for me to be gasping for air, so I waited, puffer at hand, and nothing happened. Mind you tofu has never given me as bad a reaction as unfermented soy, but I would usually at least get a sore throat and upset stomach. I’m wondering if I could try to introduce it into my diet again slowly. It would give me another low carb source of protein.
    Anyway, I see a lot of people here needing motivation. I think we can all safely blame the time of year. I always find it hardest when the days are getting shorter so quickly. I am not complaining one bit about the rain and cold this year though. So much better than what we went through this summer, and I hope we never have to live through that again. KOKO everyone!

• posted by Handles
    on

Hi all,
    Another one lacking motivation I’m afraid.
    My whole family came down with Covid last week (thankfully we were fully vaccinated so probably missed the worst and are mostly all better now) and a tough time at work have meant my motivation has waned and I put on weight for the first time last week.
    What is worse is that just before it all went pear shaped (literally) I had just booked our favorite restaurant next week to celebrate the end of the 8 weeks.
    Now not sure whether to delay the meal until I have caught up again or to say sod it and carry on with the 800 before the meal and then add another couple of weeks after.

on

Hi everyone, sorry to be the one to disagree. I am really motivated right now. I set myself a goal of really sticking with this during November and that is what I am going to do. I am not saying it is easy but I have a goal in my sights and really want to get there.

Having said that, no it is not easy and especially if your health doesnt depend upon it like mine. I am hoping my doctor will suggest an alternative to insulin injections and that is enough to keep me on the straight and narrow. If you dont have anything to look forward to and no reason to change then it is doubly hard.

Handles, your reasons for feeling blahhhhh are absolutely understandable as are everyone elses. Live is poop at the moment still with people still being ill, in pain or not able to visit or just the stress of life etc. You have to ask yourself if going for the meal and really enjoying it will put you right off the diet or give you a boost to make you more determined. In my view I would say dont deny yourself some of the simple pleasures in life if that makes you miserable. Which is worse – go and possibly gain a couple of pounds and dont go and be miserable about it. You choose (but I would go). To all you struggling with motivation I would say, you are still here, still trying, still wanting to reach your own personal goals, so you have not lost or given up.

I am still all over the place with my house sale. I really dont want to go back to the UK having been there a few weeks ago and seen how different it is to France. Then we had a builder round on Saturday to put new stink pots on our roof and I couldnt understand a word he was saying to me even though I speak French. I just told him I didnt speak building French. I know from experience that there is always something to get over in France, be it Brexit, getting residency, being told we are losing medical care (a few years ago), being told our UK banking facilities are being stopped (then they arent). It goes on and on, always something for us to worry about. Even if it was a simple building job and being able to do it in our own language would make life less stressful. We are keeping the house on the market and just hope we have plenty of time to get our heads around the changes we are going to make.

Well thats my worries for the day. On the whole I am doing well. Spending a lot of time with my painting and waiting for friends to come round to help us cover the pool for winter. Weight loss is still in the right direction and hope to be under another kilo mark by Wednesday.

Keep on keeping on.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Thought In had posted earlier but may have been timed out. Went something like ….Lauren, re “I’ve convinced myself so deeply that I’m not worthy of being loved or seen as beautiful”, what is it with those of us (mainly women I think) and the “imposter syndrome”, academically, professionally, socially or romantically?! I know, I have been there, but having just turned 60, I have a bit more perspective now. If your fiancé wanted a “rescue project” he’d be out looking for orphaned kittens. He wants to marry and be with you because you are you. Ask him! On more prosaic matters, courgettes, there are other veg available – point was more about having something fresh and tasty to avoid grabbing a sarnie or similar. Hardly a mind-blowing discovery by me but fresh herbs do make a lovely difference. ArticFox, over 600 garlic cloves! I feel virtuous after planting a dozen tulip bulbs. It must have been back-breaking. Sorry to hear those who are in pain, especially long-standing. Life can be complicated enough….

• posted by wendleg
    on

So much to discuss but I have to go to my physio appointment. Will be back later to respond and set up the new thread. We need joyous things folks ! Love to everyone xx

• posted by florob85
    on

Thank you all, rushed off my feet so no time to reply properly but I appreciate all the words of kindness

Lauren x

• posted by Tulip1
    on

I’m in the danger zone….please remind me why I shouldn’t eat the roast potatoes or yorkshire pudding attached to yesterday’s roast leftovers…..yesterday’s no potatoes turmed into one and then 6, and 3 little yorkshires.
    Send help!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh I hope I am not too late to say to Clare …………………..STEP AWAY FROM THAT CARBAGE .
    This is not the time to start allowing the occasional spud or yorkshire pudding. NOT WORTH IT Clare !!!!!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Back home now and it’s time to set up the new thread

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Claire quickly squirt washing up liquid over them and throw them in the bin. They are your enemy. ❤️

on

I am totally in agreement on the spuds and yorkshires issue. Get rid of them and I love the washing up liquid trick. How many times I have tried to sneak something out of the bin from my daughters left overs and give it a wipe down. Washing up liquid gets rid of the problem.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

you are all brilliant! SG, swede/ turnip…..made me remember when I sent hubby out for 2 turnips, which I love, and he came back with 2 swedes (which I will tolerate but certainly don’t love) and of course are massive by comparison…so LOADS of swede to use- turns out that what we call swedes in Midlands/ Southern England they call turnips in Northern Ireland where he’s from….sigh 😂

Thank you for the help! The carbage was not good yesterday, but you know, I guess it’s all a learning curve and I will try and put that advice into practice next time!

Elle-Mae, that’s brilliant! The washing up liquid!

Love to all xxxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.