One week at a time beginning 29th June 2021

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

People come, people go, some stay , some return , it’s normal .

Contributions are fluctuating a little at the moment, we are all busy , maybe preoccupied with summer breaks, and different seasonal constraints .

As long as there is a demand we will keep this thread going . We are aware that some people are struggling at the moment or maybe just don’t feel able to contribute or feel the need for the thread for accountability .

It’s ok, join in as you wish . We are approaching the end of JUNE !!! Where did that month go ? I for one am struggling to imagine a trip away right now and summer will be spent in France , with maybe a few days away in September when the crowds have left .

Whatever your plans, if you feel like sharing them with us , we are here .

Wishing you the very best for this coming week and for the summer , not forgetting our lovely Aussie members . Let’s hope the Sydney lockdown proves as effective as in the past xx

Wendy, SunnyB and sunshine girl

• posted by wendleg
    on

Welcome Bissell !

Message to absent members …even if you have been absent for a while, you will always be warmly welcomed back

wendleg, Sunny B, sunshine girl
    JGwen
    sixturkeys
    Starina
    Verano
    ADD6605 ( Dawn)
    Riccoh
    Russianroulade
    Tulip1 ( Clare)
    Mifoz
    MerryMelba
    Maryanne Carlos-Mascarenhas
    WindyJulz
    articfox
    Olive1
    lauraknits
    Marsie (Marilyn)
    EllieAllegra
    EC:Erin
    Hello66
    Jordana
    Alipetunia/Alison
    RubyG and hubby
    Ditchedthemet
    Dizzychicken
    SlinkyTinks
    LonelyAdipose
    Emzijw
    Barefoot girl
    Life Diet
    allicat1A ( Allie, formerly alliecat !)
    RedRooster
    nhatha3432
    sprox
    skittle
    Daisybean
    workingfromthe fridge
    Bombalone
    PSL68
    ScottM
    florobo85/Lauren
    Tamara1
    MillieMoo/Claire
    SummerTwinkles/ Summer
    Sheila Canning
    JustKeepFasting
    Bryla
    kiltgirl
    Deb2003
    Donnadoobie
    HappiR
    WilLuck
    PaulaZ
    Faithlyn67
    Onetowatch
    nicnocgee
    Smead01 ( Samantha)
    Goforgoal
    Britta
    Mokovex
    DebOflo
    Riverrock
    HopefulinOz/Donna
    Quetzal
    Onnipinoy
    Magicbean
    Pashasmum
    avisamuelgrey
    scotsgirl57
    Annamarieboo
    peanutbutty
    erinmc82
    Kat2020
    xx1flump1xx
    Ncij678
    LizzieTOFI
    Jeremy Fisher
    Green and White
    Garmmcns
    Chrissybabe63
    Reuby19
    Elle-Mae
    Bissell

• posted by RubyG
    on

RubyG and hubby reporting for duty πŸ™‚

We attended an event over the weekend, and saw friends we haven’t seen for ages, some of them nearly 2 years! Some didn’t recognise us πŸ™‚ We also had a completely on-plan weekend – we had breakfast before we left home (cheese omelette), took coffee travel mugs (black coffee), bottles of fizzy and still water, and a homemade lunch of ham and egg “muffins” with spinach and feta crustless baby quiches, some small salami stick snacks, pork scratchings (no crisps) and a small bar of dark chocolate. Supper when we got home was grilled lamb chop, steamed asparagus and a Greek salad.

I haven’t been posting much, we are both very busy at work and trying to get out into the garden in the evenings when it’s dry, and I don’t have anything spectacular to report. I guess we’re just keeping on keeping on. I do log our twice-weekly weigh-in on my original thread, for accountability, and the occasional backward glance.

I have subscribed to SG’s Blog thread, I love looking back to see how attitudes have changed over a relatively short space of time, and how much of an inspiration you are, 5 years on and still showing improvements in your blood markers and insulin units.

Luckily, hubby’s GP was very supportive when he started on the BSD after a pre-diabetes diagnosis, but I know some are not as fortunate. We have also heard the numerous comments that such rapid weight loss is bad for you (hubby lost at a rate of 1st per month for the first 8 weeks) – that contradicts what Dr Phil Taylor has found in bariatric patients and those on meal replacement diets. I also think that by doing the 800cal/low carb with 3 meals a day has given us the mechanism of sustaining this WOE over time.

Anyway, have a good week everyone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Scary to think we are half way through this year and the next weekly thread will move us into the 7th month! Wendy is right, now that things are slowly moving back to ‘normality’ people perhaps have less time to post, but we’re still here for those who want to join in, whether that’s daily or once or twice a week.

Ruby, sounds like you had control over the weekend, even with some indulgence. Isn’t it lovely when people recognise the results you’ve achieved, especially when it’s people you haven’t seen for awhile. You and hubby have done brilliantly and I’m sure you’ll continue to do so.

In the interest of transparency, I continue in maintenance with pretty stable scales readings day on day, even after a weekend of indulgences … dining out with friends on Friday and date night on Saturday. I’m planning to do 4 days on 800/20 next week, as I really want to apply myself to pushing back under target weight and hopefully resetting at the point. For this week though, it will be normal maintenance with a couple of lengthened overnight fasts.

Whoever you are and whatever point you’re at, please feel free to post here and share your story.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Morning all. Well I’m in A & E been here all night with strange sensation in right arm and leg, being investigated for a Stroke. Been here since 6 pm last night, still in recliner. Guess what they gave me for breakfast, tea I only drink coffee but had it and white toast with butter and marmalade. Didn’t have the marmalade. Had the toast because it was the only thing on offer. Be back on the diet asap. Hopefully a bit more choice when I get on the ward.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Elle, hope you’ll soon be fully recovered and back home. Don’t panic about the eating plan, there’ll be time later to sort that out. Take care.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, back after a week of r&r and taking things easy.

First of all, Elle OMG. I hope they get you sorted and you are soon home. Strokes can be very serious but early intervention is amazing and you will be as right as rain in no time (fingers crossed).

My little part of the world and my life are very quiet at the moment. Rain has stopped my daily swim but the good weather should be back by the end of the week. My veggies are coming on nicely with lots of tomatoes but only flowers so far on the courgettes. Strawberries not so many but they were completely new this year and sometimes need a year to come to fruit. I am still getting fruit but from the parts that have overgrown from my old stock. That just prompted me to go and take a look and I have come back with one strawberry and 2 raspberries – added to the others in the fridge and they will be for breakfast tomorrow. At least we havent had to do any watering πŸ™‚

We are still living in hope of getting to England at the end of July but not really getting upset if we cant go. Daughter seems resigned to us not going and the Covid numbers in the UK are now some of the worst in the whole of Europe. Yesterday France had 500 cases, hardly any of them hospitalised and 44 deaths all very sad. It is the week of her finance’s 40th birthday and they are having a garden party and cant see them wanting us ligging around in our bedroom while we isolate. Just not fair on them. This too will pass.

Take care everyone – especially Elle – and have a good week.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Crikey Elle Mae…hope you are OK. At least you are getting checked out. We are thinking of you xx

Ruby ,you are doing brilliantly with your hubby and it’s great that you know how to adjust in those celebratory occasions. Well done !

SG…same here…sun poking through the clouds now and again but looking forward to more consistent sunshine. Aquagym is tonight. We keep going because the pool is heated and the lovely ladies always find the water a bit fresh if it is under 30 degrees !. Not for this hardy Midlander !
    I know you are desperate to see family in the UK but I agree..conditions have to be right to make it a worthwhile,pleasant stay rather than most of it taken up with isolation and costly tests.

Hope everyone is ok. I must admit I am watching carefully the lockdown news coming from various towns in Australia. Hoping it works to keep cases contained although I see the vaccine roll out is very slow. Take care everyone x

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All,
    Huge apologies (to Wendy in particular as I know how hard you and the others work to keep this thread going- and I love it, so please don’t stop because some of us are a bit c*** at consistently contributing)…

I have been absolutely stressed out of my mind and wiped out with fatigue- not enough to render me unable to work, but enough that my notes have been taking me about double the usual time to write up and then coming home to collapse in a heap and then try to keep the family fed etc……not well at all mentally, very much on the verge of a breakdown- the final straw was a visit from my very difficult SIL at the end of half term…..she was unspeakably awful, and I had forgotten how bad seeing her was due to not seeing her at all for 18 months over lockdown- and I have been having counselling too, which has been hard….and one of the things we are working on is creating and maintaining healthy boundaries, especially when faced with very assertive/ aggressive people as I am the opposite end of the scale and have basically been a doormat the whole time I have known my in-laws, which is 24 years (!!!)…not at all all about them though, some other issues too…. (finally took 2 days annual leave end of last week to get a little bit sorted and calmed down as it had got to the point of only being able to eat yoghurt or soup as my teeth and gums were so painful- emergency dental appt found everything was fine- it was due to teeth clenching from stress…..much better now).

Any how, I am so sorry, I didn’t feel able to even read the thread, let alone write on it (or talk to my friends, listen to music etc etc, my head couldn’t take any more than was in it already)…..so please fill me in on any major developments! I may also read back some. I’m still fairly stressed, although a bit better, and now seem to have swung from depression into hypomania which is ……not sustainable……
    so, on the diet front….I’m holding at 9 st or just over, top of normal BMI for me, I am really comfortable at this weight……and have been to Bravissimo and now have well-fitting bras, yay! So also v happy to stay at this weight from a point of view of not going through that palaver again! My diet hasn’t been perfect, and I am still tweaking….but have been MM stylee for the most part…..

Love to all, Tulip xxxxxxxxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh Tulip, you have really been through the wringer! No surprise at all that you have needed to take time out and prioritise your own wellbeing. And through it all, you have managed to stay in BSD maintenance and that is enough at this point did sure.

Please don’t feel you have to be present here, but equally, know that you can offload here if you need to, or just give us the occasional update …. whatever works for you. Just take care and don’t be a complete stranger. Bug hugs to you

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Awww Sunny, thank you πŸ’“…..I plan to be back now…..and if I do go MIA again, it will be temporary …and I don’t intend to!….I love you all

.xxxxx

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Sorry it has been a while since I have checked in – I have been under the pump at work and a lot of social engagements have also kept me busy. My keyboard is having issues, so please excuse the spelling errors that will ensue – a number of my letters are appearing only reluctantly when really bashed down!

Lauren and Tulip – my heart goes out to you both. I have had both anxiety and depression come and go through adulthood, and understand the toll it takes. You are amongst friends here, and it is great to hear from you both whenever you have the energy for it xx

The past few weeks have been up and down for me WoE wise…… I both hit my lowest weight yet, and then increased by 3kg with a week of social indulgences!!! Fortunately 1kg of that disappeared overnight last night, but I am working hard at the moment to stay very strictly on plan. There was a fair bit of sugar in my indulgences, and that has definitely awoken the sugar cravings which I am having to contend with – so no dark chocolate for me at the moment!

We have had a bit of a crazy week with Covid in Australia. Lots of state lockdowns, restrictions etc coming into place just as school holidays begin. Needless to say our travel plans are all up in the air, which is a tad stressful. I am getting my 2nd Pfizer vaccination tomorrow – OH had his yesterday, and spent most of last night shivering in bed πŸ™ Never mind – feeling very grateful for the incredible luck and access to medical services we have had so far here in Australia.

Wishing you all a wonderful day / evening. Dx

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Well finally got to a Ward after 14 hours in a recliner in A & E, I don’t recommend sleeping in a mask. Ward is lovely very impressed with the facilities, own room and bathroom. They keep taking my blood glucose and saying it’s too high, they fed me white toast, potatoes at lunch and chips for dinner, my blood sugar isn’t my fault! Bit better today as I had a menu so choose the best I could. Porridge for breakfast but felt very light headed/dizzy. Lentil Dahl with broccoli for lunch, and boiled gammon with sweetcorn and peas for dinner. Anyhow they think it might be a very mild stroke waiting for an MRI scan may be in til Friday and can’t drive for a month.

on

Hi everyone, Elle-Mae, glad you are comfortable. Dont they feed you a load of rubbish in hospital, glad they had some better choices.

I held of posting earlier as hubby was waiting for some blood results he had taken this morning. Some might remember he had routine tests 3 months ago and threw up blood glucose of 6.6 so pre-diabetic, cholesterol of 4.7 (still just normal) and triglycerides of 180 (should be under 150). Each one not a problem but all three together rings alarm bells. Doctor told him he should know better considering who he is married to (me) and that he had got lazy in his food and exercise habits. 3 months later and some adjustments by me like only one slice of bread at lunch (an open sandwich) and a few other tweaks and his results today at BG 5.7, cholesterol 4.2 and triglycerides 113. Think the doctor will be pleased with that but I will have to keep nagging him to stop him from slipping back. Only put this on here to highlight that just a few small adjustments can make a difference to people showing signs of ill health. We have had one or two people pre-diabetic and some with cholesterol problems so just hope that helps them.

Me, Im doing fine. Still not getting in the pool yet but should be very hot here tomorrow (28) so every chance I will get in.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh dear, lots of stressful things to deal with at the moment for several of us .
    Lauren , you know we are thinking of you and hoping you feel stronger soon . You know you will always be welcome back , and whatever is happening with BSD is a detail, just look after yourself .

Tulip /Clare, oh my goodness you have had such an awful time . So sorry to hear about the distress and worry you have had to endure .I would certainly suggest distancing yourself from your toxic SIL right now . Whatever issues are going on with her, she sounds very damaging and you don’t need people like that in your life . You can choose and assert yourself Clare . Sending you a massive hug.

Why can’t people just be kind ?? I don’t get it .

Pop in when you can Clare and stay strong . I love that you treated yourself ! I had an online fitting from a lovely Bravissimo lady . Just couldn’t order a blinkin bra from UK to France because of import costs , sigh !!!

Elle Mae you sound really calm . I think I would be freaking out . Sounds weird that they are feeding you all those carby foods when your blood glucose is high ??? Let’s hope they find out if you have indeed had a mild stroke and at least on the positive side it is being dealt with and you didn’t have a major incident but you need to take care of yourself for sure .

Hopeful/ Donna ! Love seeing you on the thread . Yes, we are closely watching the news coming out of Australia as we saw Townsville was added to the list of lockdown towns and you know my boys are in Cairns . They have been living restriction free for a long time ( apart from lockdown in Melbourne last year ) and hope everything is brought under control quickly and people can get vaccinated . We would like to plan a trip out to Australia some time but when ????
    Anyway I think you coped pretty well with the indulgences and no real harm done . I know what you mean by dark chocolate . I can still chomp on the really hard core stuff now .

Thinking of you Merry too ( in Melbourne)
    Nothing much happening here. All trips to the Uk this summer are off and we are staying put . Hoping to welcome any guests who can get over . Keeping active as much as I can to distract me from the choc .

Take care everyone xxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done SG on helping your hubby and those results are very encouraging . Yes, let’s hope he doesn’t start getting complacent now πŸ˜‰

He should be grateful ! You know exactly what you are talking about, and it doesn’t include buns !!! It certainly does make a difference with determination and the right choices . I do my best with my OH but he still sneaks in the crisps when he goes shopping but at least he doesn’t drink liquid bread ( beer) any more !

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    Seems quite a difficult time for many right now. I completely lost it last night as well. Three days of 45 C temperatures, lack of sleep and the horses behaving like @#@#%##~!s finally got to me. I was absolutely sobbing watching my younger horse trotting and cantering around and around the paddock as darkness fell trying to get away from the dangling straps on his fly rug because the older horse lunged at him when I didn’t even have it half on and he took fright. Finally got him stopped after 10 min or so, but he had destroyed two of the straps in the process, and the mosquitoes were so bad I couldn’t leave him without anything on. Had to hose him off because it was still over 30 C and too hot to be moving at all, never mind at speed. Managed to tie it together for the night, but will have to come up with a better fix today. It was only new 2 days ago too! I bought it because his old one was just too warm for these conditions.
    I have to say that I feel like I am just barely surviving this week. My diet has been terrible. I alternate between eating nothing and eating the wrong things. Mostly I’m just trying to stay hydrated and alive. Luckily I have a basement room where I am camped out for work, and I even moved a mattress down here to sleep on last night. Hopefully it will cool off starting tomorrow. But there are thunderstorms in the forecast now, which has us all on edge due to everything being so dry. So really not in the best place mentally or physically at the moment. πŸ™
    Hope we can all turn the corner soon and get back on track.

• posted by Puddingtoast
    on

Hi, all going well for me, I bought decent scales and am enjoying watching the number tick down!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi again everyone,
    Unfortunately the worst has happened and we have some severe fires now, not in my immediate area and I am currently safe, but we are starting to get a lot of smoke coming our way, and everything is so tinder dry it would only take a small spark for an out of control fire to start. There is a town quite a ways to the west of where I am that is burning down right now πŸ™
    So needless to say, I’m going to take a bit of a hiatus from posting. I need to get evacuation kits organized for myself and the horses, so will be doing that tomorrow.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh my goodness. We are thinking of you arcticfox. Stay safe xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Welcome puddingtoast !

on

Thinking of you arcticfox, I am assuming you are in Oz. Please say if you are not. Sounds very frightening. I remember driving through a forest when bush fires were raging and was advised to get on the back seat and cover up with a blanket. I was lucky but dont think I would have dared to stop.

As usual I have had my Thursday moring blip upwards and can only put it down to stealing a few chips although I didnt exactly, I made myself a small portion. Must stop that. To make things worse I bought a baguette today and had a small chicken baguette sandwich for lunch. I know I will be starving as French bread has nothing in it so is not filling. Will get my head back in the right frame very soon no doubt.

Being a bit hard on my husband, Wendy, he is only human and is feeling the stresses of lockdown but deals with it in a different way to me. He comfort eats and he knows he is doing it. He rarely drinks now since he had the AF diagnosis, says whiskey makes his heart flutter and never was a beer drinker. He occasionally has a glass of wine but unlike me, he can stop after one.

First of the month so I will get on with my accounts. Weather much warmer but some menacing clouds so will leave swim until tomorrow. Have a good week everyone and stay safe.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

I am hoping you are safe Articfox. Perhaps you are in Canada? I’ve been reading of the heatwave and devastating fires there. Very frightening – I hope you and your horses are safe.
    Thanks for the shout out Wendy. All well in Melbourne at the moment – and am hoping it stays that way!
    I’ve had a quiet week, a bit of work and a bit of play – a delicious lunch out with girlfriends. Today I’ve cooked a chicken curry dish to keep me going over the weekend – the house is filled with spicy cooking smells. We’ll be getting some wintery weather this weekend so I wanted something warming – and will serve it with cauliflower rice and green veg.

• posted by LifeUniverseEverything
    on

I’m new to the forum and only on day 5 of F800, so this is all a big adventure for me πŸ™‚
    I don’t know if it’s sugar withdrawals or work keeping me in headaches now; I’m London based and WFH 95% of the time now, which seemed like a good time to get on this horse and see if I can shift some of these extra pounds that I’m carrying. I’m going swimming this weekend for the first time in 17 months which I’m really excited about and hoping that it doesn”t ramp my appetite up too hard, swimming is the one thing that always clears my head – it’s like water yoga – so I can’t wait to get back in that pool.

Hope everyone is ready for the weekend and is staying safe, wherever they are.

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Oh, I am so annoyed. I wrote a big post last night, but for some reason it was never published. Here we go again!
    Elle – Mae – I hope that you are okay. So sorry to hear of your medical troubles. Please take care and keep us updated when you can x
    Arctic Fox – That sounds terrifying. I hope you are okay. I think you must be in Canada? Hoping you and the horses are all safe x
    MerryMelba – who would have thought that Victoria would now be one of the safest places to be in Australia covid-wise!!!! We are just waiting to see what happens elsewhere around the country and will literally decide whether we are going ahead with our planned holidays the night before. My employer doesn’t offer β€˜Covid leave’, so if I did have to quarantine for 14 days when we return, it would be without pay.
    Wendy – as always, love reading your posts. It is so wonderful to see that things are looking great in France at the moment. It would be great if you could make it over to Australia one day – there is so much to see πŸ™‚
    Sunshine-girl – I am thoroughly enjoying your posts from back when you started. Do you still maintain a blog?
    Puddingtoast and LifeUniverseEverything (can I shorten to β€˜LUE’? Too long to write every time πŸ™‚ ) – welcome. LUE – when I first started, I got terrible headaches too. It turned out that I just needed to add a sprinkle of salt every day for the electrolytes – I added it to mineral water, but you can add it to anything – about a pinch of high quality sea salt each day might fix it for you.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

• posted by Steph2
    on

I had bad headaches on two days last week (week one for me). Drank lots of water. Finding F800 and lots of screen time aren’t happy together. Hoping to go Open Water Swimming this weekend. Good to find someone just starting out! I’ve lost 3kg in 11 days but nothing for 3 days now so might go to weekly weigh-ins…

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Good afternoon all. I came home from hospital yesterday, I’m a little unbalanced on my feet and slightly uncoordinated on my right side, so I type a few gobbledegook words and have to correct them. Slightly forgetful but none of these are as bad as it sounds I just need to concentrate at bit more. On the food side tried to make the best of the limited meal choices as possible, on Thursday they took me for an Ultrasound and an MRI and I missed my lunch, they offered me toast which I declined. I had previously asked my OH to bring me in some cashews, pecans and peanut butter so had some of those. (I had checked with the staff about peanut allergies). Had my blood sugar tested, felt very dizzy but I do anyhow, think it’s the drugs) it was 3.7 he said it’s fine I didn’t think it was so had a dextrose sweet and felt better. On the plus size I have lost another 2 lbs, so that’s 8lb in all.

on

Hi everyone, great to see the thread is picking up some pace and also a couple of newbies – hi to Steph2, LifeUniverse etc and Puddingtoast (that makes 3 not a couple) – welcome to the site, the diet and this thread.
    Articfox, sorry I mixed Canada with Oz. I think it was automatic when you were talking about fires. Should have known from your name or you would be antarcticfox πŸ™‚ . Stay safe, it sounds very frightening and following it on the news.
    LUE, as someone has already mentioned the salt trick usually does it and replaces salts lost from all the weeing you are probably doing. Also the thing call carb flu when you just feel pretty rotten for a few days. It will pass. Same for Steph2. Both of you enjoy your swimming. I managed to get back in the pool yesterday after lots of rain had cooled down the water. It was bl—-y cold but the weather was hot so it was refreshing.
    Hopeful, you asked if I still do a blog. I did update the one I was doing everynow and then and because the site I use is closing down I put on a final update and goodbye and 2 of my original readers were still there and reading and commenting – nice comments. If I had continued it would have just been a food diary whereas, at the start of this it was more of an emotional journey and an adventure into the unknown. I started a Covid blog on paper in a notebook started 22nd April 2020 which I still write from time to time. My early blog said there was a virus we had heard about coming from China but we were not worried as China is such a long way away. Strange memories and glad I wrote it. Again, I update that but not much as it would just say, stayed home, went shopping, stayed home, went shopping ……….
    Elle-Mae, so glad you are home and feeling better. Sounds as though you had a TIA (Transichemic Accident) or what is known as a mini stroke but I am sure the doctors have given you all the info you need. You said your BG was 3.7 and the doctor wasnt worried but you were. Long ago I would have been in a frenzy to have such low BG but now accept that it is actually normal for a non diabetic and I no longer worry about lows like that as it is what I am aiming for – to be non diabetic. The doctor was right.

Well everyone, the weekend is here yet again and after my baguette disaster I gained 1lb and after being super good yesterday I have now lost that. I am still under my last goal weight so hoping I can behave over the weekend. Might have some good news regarding my UK trip if Boris is good to his word (can I trust him???) and he stops isolation for visitors to the UK after the 26th July, we will be landing on the 27th. Still not sure of the detail or if it is just UK holiday making returners or everyone. Fingers crossed.

Have a great weekend everyone and keep on keeping on…

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    Just a quick check-in. Thanks for the kind words. So far I am still safe. We are having a little bit of a lull in the action at the moment. The two fires closest to me are now under control. We have been helped by some cooler temperatures, and we how have a fair amount of smoke hanging in our valley that has moved in from the fires about 1.5 hrs to the north west of us, that is helping to keep things cooler than the forecast.We are expecting a potentially severe thunderstorm this afternoon though, so who knows what that will bring. I am feeling slightly more prepared now though as I have evacuation kits ready to go and my car is loaded up. Still trying to find transport for the horses, but may have a place that I can take them at least if I can get transport. If I have to leave on foot and can go south, I am only 8km from the fairgrounds in town where I could potentially take the horses as a short term option. I have an appointment for July 19th to get my second Covid jab, but found out that there will be a mobile vaccine clinic in town this weekend. If conditions are favourable I may go into town and get my jab tomorrow. That will be an easing of the mind if I can be fully vaccinated before having to evacuate and come into contact with so many more people. At least my parents are fully vaccinated now, so less of a worry for them.
    I packed my evac bag with snacks that are as BSD friendly as I could make them. Chia breakfast ‘cereal’ and little individual servings of unsweetend almond milk, some tinned sardines, and little tins of olives.
    Merry Melba and HopefulinOz – this is a very early start to our fire season here, a whole week earlier than in 2017 which was our last really horrible year. We had lots of help from Aussie firefighters that year, and will likely need help again this year. So great to have that reciprocal arrangement with your country. I was in Victoria during the 2014 fires and I never thought I would see the day that we would be experiencing higher temperatures here than those that I went through in Australia, but the highest when I was there was only 43.2 C, and we were as high as 46 C this past week.
    S-g – no worries, I’ve been pretty mum about my location up until now. I think Wendy may have been the only one who guessed previously! Now that this situation has made world news, it is a little more obvious.

• posted by Jeremy Fisher
    on

I lost 2lbs this week, after 3 days of 24 hour fasting, but overall my losses aren’t really going anywhere. I’m going to go low carb going forward in combination with the fasting. In the past I’ve had carb flu for a week when doing this, so I fear it’s going to be a rough week for me, but perhaps the fasting has prepared my system a little for what’s to come.

Have a good week everyone!

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    Summary
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    Weeks 1-3: A bit of a false start – one good week and 2 bad and lost 1lb overall
    Week 4: Started intermittent fasting, finding fasting difficult, brain fog in afternoons – lost 1lb – total loss = 2lb
    Week 5: Brain fog much improved – getting used to it! Gain 2lbs. Total loss = 0lb
    Week 6: Continued 3 24 hour fasts a week. Lost 2lbs. Total loss = 2lbs.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hopeful and Wendy- thank you so much 😍…glad to be back on the thread ☺…

Lovely to catch up with new and old members- Arcticfox! Wow! Things are dramatic your end- I hope they settle down ok, and Elle-Mae, glad you are on the mend.

LUE….never mind the BSD, 42 is the answer πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰….presuming you are a fellow hitchhikers fan?

I need to have a little more strictness this week as a couple of pounds seem to have crept on. Will let you know of progress.

Love to all, Tulip xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Evening everyone, Wendy asked if I would set up the new weekly thread, as she has had a long and arduous day, so needs the evening to wind down. However, Wendy will be posting the updated list of contributors tomorrow, when she is feeling fresher and rested.

The new thread is ready and waiting for all our lovely contributors, to jump across and give it life.

on

Hi everyone, hope you are all okay. Had a bit of a mad day as I nearly forgot I was going with hubby to the cardiologist this afternoon. I need to go in case he needs a translator but really he knows the drill and the words are all very familar. He is doing fine and will continue with the meds he is on. I just wish he would take a bit more exercise. In fact I wish he would do any exercise at all. I think he has become scared in case he has an episode. He just needs to do it slowly.

One thing I noticed at the cardio was a young man arriving with his son who was around 13 or 14 and said he wanted a check up for the football club. Seems like they do a cardiogram to check for anomolies in young people pursuing energetic sports. Blooming good idea.

Jeremy, glad to see you have finally lost some weight. If I can just but in here and you can ignore me if you want. Wouldnt it be better to find the dieting plan that really suits you and then stick to it. You seem to be jumping from one thing to another and getting nowhere. I get the impression you have been eating starchy carbs as you said you are going to go low carb again. The reason you suffer from the withdrawal flu type symptoms could be because you are giving your body carbs so topping up the addiction and having to go through withdrawal again and again. Just bite the bullet, get rid of the carbs and they wont have any hold over you. All that fasting is pretty hardcore and not really necessary if you just stick with the low carbing and reduce calories. Give it a go.

Will see you all on the next thready. Ta ta for now.

• posted by Jeremy Fisher
    on

Thanks for the advice sunshine-girl. I was hoping the fasting would be enough – but it wasn’t. I’ve had a low-carb day today – all good! I’ll stick out the week I need to start feeling normal again!

I’m hoping to keep going with the fasting for the health benefits. I can do it okay, but I don’t feel right in the afternoons before I eat at 6pm – my head just isn’t there and my work is suffering. I hope that once I’m low carb long term that burning fat will see me through better.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quick call out to all of you who haven’t jumped across to the new weekly thread yet …. we’re missing you! Drop by soon to let us know how you’re travelling … looking forward to seeing you there.

Please log in or register to post a reply.