ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning 24th September 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Beegirl such good news on your FIL❤️ Your dungarees sound fab! I really want to buy a dungaree dress, but I am worried that it will just make me look pregnant😂😂. Might just grab one and see!

Hi everyone and I am sorry for being quiet yet again! Lots on my mind and with the stopping smoking I can have really down days😢😢. I knew it would be like this and I am pushing through and getting on with it.🤪💪. It has now been 21 days since I smoked which is so amazing and I am very happy. I am not so happy about my 5lb weight gain but hey, it was bound to happen.

Hope everyone is well and I have been reading as much as I can.

KOKO everyone and I will see you soon. Love and hugs Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by David Knight
    on

I also have some clothes related news (unusual for the male of the species I know)

I only really wear one jacket and it was starting to look a little raggy so, as we are going on holiday in a few weeks time, I decided to buy a new one.

I have been XL for as long as I can remember but I thought – this seems a little baggy – so I tried on an L and it fitted!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!

• posted by David Knight
    on

Birdy – incredibly well done on the smoking – that takes a huge amount of willpower

• posted by BeeGirl
    on

Just popping in for a quick foot note to my week’s ramblings. After giving things some thought, I’m going to step away from the forums as I don’t think my WOE fits with the Fast800 / BSD ethos and I don’t want to muddy the waters. I’d like to say a huge thank you for the support over the weeks I’ve been here and I wish you all the very best. I just didn’t want to do a moonlight flit without saying ‘ta-ra’! Good luck to you all.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.its been about 2 years since I was a regular on theres forums.I lost about 12kg over a few months and felt quite .thin .slowly lost control and ate everthing.now Im 88.5kg and just got out of hospital after a stroke. Ive had BP and high cholesterol for a few years and pre diabetes .I usually I speak loudly about managing my health .Ive lost faith in my ability Now im taking statin asprin and Bp meds.I refused the metformin but agreed to see an endocrinologist .Im lucky as I can still walk and talk but Im really disapointed that my health is so poor and the hospital doctors were not supportive of Bsd.Im not sure how Im going to manage but the plan is to start again.I must get my cholesterol down q uickly

• posted by Verano
    on

BeeGirl you seem to have had an awful lot on your plate lately and maybe you’re feeling a little down just at the moment. The one thing to remember is that these forums are ongoing so you can pop in and out as the fancy takes you. There will always be somebody here to ‘listen’ . Best of luck with your journey whichever path you take.
    Butterlover hello …. again! You sound as though you have been in the wars. Sorry to hear about your stroke but you have found some light ….. you can walk and talk. Medics are not very often onboard with BSD but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad. The only issue is that while your health isn’t 100% you mustn’t deprive your body of protein in particular. Maybe you should just try and cut out the white stuff and processed foods. Maybe you could aim to eat fresh foods and vegetables without too much stress on weighing and counting. My guess would be that 800 calories just at the moment would be too low for you whilst you are recovering. Be kind to yourself and don’t pressurise yourself too much.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just checked in and about to say I will set up the new weekly thread.
    Sorry to see BeeGirl wants ‘time out’ . I am always sad when people leave and always hope they will come back. Have a break if it feels right but you have made your mark on the forum with humour and commitment and we hope you don’t stay away too long, BeeGirl.
    Californiagirl/Julia has always been the voice of reason for me and especially her comments about making friends with her body after years of feeling shame and fear of food. That absolutely resonated with me Julia and you have always generously advised everyone with grace and courtesy. It’ s true that there are friendships developing outside the forum but I continue to believe that our exchanges on here are valuable and useful especially for members starting out or struggling.
    I think also that while we are all finding our way, trialing and testing various strategies as they are suggested or discovered , it is important not to overwhelm the forum with ‘extreme ‘ practices which might be intimidating for some. That’s my humble view.
    I will go and set up the new thread now and hope to see you all over there !

• posted by Verano
    on

Wendy …. “ It’s true there are friendships developing outside the forum’ ….. fine … ‘but I continue to believe that our exchanges on here are valuable and useful especially for members starting out or struggling ‘ ….. a little smug/ condescending maybe!
    This is an ‘open’ forum , open to all , irrespective of ‘friendships’ elsewhere.
    Just my thoughts.

• posted by treelady
    on

Morning all from a very wet south Wales.
    Last week was interesting for me – I aimed to get to drinking 2 litres of water a day, and to significantly cut down on my numerous cups of coffee and cream.
    Firstly – how on earth do you get through 2 litres?! I managed 1 litre by the end of the week.
    Better success with reducing my (admittedly decaf) coffee and cream intake down to only 2 cups a day.
    In between those, I have switched to cups of tea and herbal tea, so I suppose I am getting through 2 litres of liquid a day in some shape or form.
    One of JGwen’s posts resonated with me – usually I am out on site all day surveying, but have been spending more and more time in the office (spare bedroom) typing up. Once I made myself aware of how much coffee I was drinking, I had a light bulb moment and could see the link with getting away from the computer to have a walk around and a stretch, and then ‘rewarding’ myself with a cup of coffee and cream every hour or so for having ploughed through an hours typing. Breaking that link has been surprisingly hard.
    I shall move over to the October one week at a time now, see you there.

Please log in or register to post a reply.