ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning 17th September 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Reading this before going to bed Lucia. Feeling happy that you chose our weekly thread on your return to the forum. You will be made very welcome here and whatever the struggles there is always someone who can gently advise and offer support…or a bit of nagging if that is what you want ! We don’t claim to know it all but we certainly do look out for each other. Whatever has caused you to lose track is done..and it sounds like it was never easy for you . The main thing is that you are back with your eye on the goal of being healthy again..and we will help you anyway we can. Kafin is very special to us and we want her to stay too.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Lucia, you are remarkable for looking forward, knowing yourself and choosing to be kind to yourself. This will keep your mind on the prize, the joy of feeling strong and your beautiful self.

Our bodies are so persistent in returning to its long-standing state. Anyway the theory isn’t as useful as your determination to start again.

Kafin, if you are scarcely maintaining weight at 800 calories and have done this for months, if you gain weight on less than the calories you need to sustain life, perhaps you have (unwittingly) trained your body to live on starvation rations. However from what you have done already in egg fasts and low Carb this should not be happening.

I think you are already researching it from your comments, hope you find a satisfactory solution.

Scottishgal, I’m sure that’s not 12lbs of fat, and the proportion that is water will fall off you. That will help keep your motivation strong. Love your can do spirit!

Just writing down my health issues helped me, I need to think through what triggers my digestive issues, and maybe baking some milled linseed soda bread will help. Luvtcook has recommended a recipe for this in the recipe thread, thanks for that.

It’s hard to plan eating when we aren’t feeling positive, yet we will get there just by plugging on. We just have to JUST DO IT!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi
    Just a quick.
    In the daily mail newspaper, dr unwin talks about 66 people he has reversed their diabetes using a low carb diet.

If you are not in the uk and cannot buy the newspaper, it will be on the daily mail website later today. It may be under the health column.

I didn’t have cornflakes for breakfast this morning.

I am going out and seeing friends for lunch today. I am not having beef burger in a bun and chips.
    I am not going to have a. Pudding.

I am going to have something healthy.

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Go Lucia !

You don’t need buns ! 😉

I also saw something about Katie Caldesi who reversed her chef hubby’s type 2. Their cookbook is
    “The Diabetes Weight-Loss Cookbook: A life-changing diet to prevent and reverse type 2 diabètes” and recipes will be appearing in the Daily Mail.
    Have a great day everyone ! xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone. ! Just checking in before Strictly begins 😉
    I can report a cheeky kilo drop over the last couple of weeks.Progress is slow these days but I am a stubborn plodder ! Concentrating on feeling better in my clothes …
    Really loved the spinach and halloumi curry and added a bit of cauli rice. I think I will try Kazz’s linseed bread too, for hubby.
    I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
    I would love to see articfox and Amz back on the thread. I am worried about you, lovely ladies.

How did your lunch go, Lucia ? Are you feeling focused and motivated , Scottishgal ? Hi Patricia !

xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,

As you know I can’t go fast. I ah e to do baby steps.

I had calamari no bread. No batter, no breadcrumbs.

I had meatfest pizza with caramelised onion, without the pizza!
    I had one gorgeous glass of cider as it was so hot in the sun today.
    Didn’t fancy an evening meal ( small miracle in itself !!}

I have got the daily mail in will read it all in the morning..

Keep going , keep happy.

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sounds a successful day , Lucia !
    You know you don’t have to do extended fasts..just pushing your breakfast back a few hours would be a gentle start.
    Fasting doesn’t suit everyone I know .I am not pushing xx
    Have a lovely Sunday xx

• posted by GroovyJane
    on

MerryMelba and Bee Girl, thanks for your advice! I’m still on it, the coldness only happened the once, feeling a little more tired in general, but hoping that too will pass. I’m now down 6.5lbs in 4 days, so very pleased, and surprised, about that! The family went to the chippy yesterday and I really felt like I was missing out, I breathed the smell of the vinegar in deeply, and then sat outside with my healthy salad instead! 😋
    Jane

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Wendy, I love the mild weather we are enjoying in se England at the moment, I can jog and go to Pilates in shorts and top. I’m in a good place at the moment, enjoying the summer.
    I’m very happy to hear your husband is doing so well.
    In London we have had great concert season but many good choirs singing the great classic music. That’s where I am this afternoon.
    Hope you are having a great weekendKafin and Lucia
    Patricia

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Kafin
    Just wanted to say hi, and hope you are feeling OK. I read your posts and feel how hard this is for you at times. But I so admire you, and your strength and resolve, and your love of 😺 You are a strong woman! 😊😊
    I saw this conference coming up in again in 2020 in CA – some of the sessions might be of interest to you or others on the West Coast. https://metabolichealthsummit.com/ I find it interesting to read the stuff that comes out of some of these conferences.
    Merry🌺🌺

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Merry,

Thanks for your message 😊 and for the information. It’s in Long Beach which is definitely doable, might have to start saving 😁. I appreciate you caring 💕 xx

• posted by KimSue
    on

Hi All
    Just an end-of-week note. I mentioned I had been away for 9 days and put back all the weight I lost during my week 1 of trying this WOE. I went back on plan on Friday, and three days later am back to the weight I was at the end of week 1 – i.e. this time I discarded the same weight in 3 days as I did in a week before I went away. So it’s good to know that recovery is relatively quick after a short relapse. See you all in the next week’s thread!

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

Hi all,

Just a quick post to say hope everyone had a good week, discards or not, maintenance or not! I’m trying to approach the daily grind by focusing on the positives even if what I hoped for didn’t happen.
    Wedding weekend was lovely, glorious Scottish weather on Saturday! Back to rain now so the happy couple timed it well. I certainly ate plenty of delicious food and drank copious amounts of wine. I’m not feeling guilty whatsoever, but at the same time looking forward to getting back to normal. Would like to discard another stone and a half before the year is out!

But anyway, see you all in the next thread! SC x

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi, can’t believe another week is almost over. Sorry I’ve not posted much but I’ll try harder next week!
    A couple of nights ago I woke up thinking about food, weight , BSD and everything and realised that not only am I now spending all my waking hours ‘obsessing’ but it’s started to disturb my sleep!
    So, two choices forget about this WOL or just get on with it. So I’m getting on with it! Once yet again I have a goal but with no timescale. I’m just eating ‘sensibly’ and it will take as long as it takes to get to where I want to be, without obsessing and just eating well.
    I hope everyone has had a good week and looking forward to the next ‘One Week at a Time’ challenge.
    P.S. Wendy I read your ‘Anniversary’ post this morning ….. inspiring, thought provoking and definitely something to keep re-reading when times get tough. Well done you!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I am going to pop over and set up the new weekly thread …yes, another Week has just flown by !!
    Wendy x

Please log in or register to post a reply.