One Step Away From The Biscuit Tin…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kyanservices
    on

DAY: 1
    START WEIGHT: 86.9 kg
    From 10.30 onwards I felt extremely hungry! I tried to drink more green tea to trick my primal instincts but alas the force is strong and my sense of heightened smell is not helping either.
    Lunch was at 13.00 and for the love of god I still wanted to eat the horse and the rider at 14.10 the hunger continued with brut force long into the afternoon and I had to pop a breath mint in the fear that my breath smelt like dead road kill. (I tested my BG at 13.29 and it was 6.4)
    By midnight I was like a crack cocaine addict searching for their next hit and had to sneak a piece of cooking chocolate as I was so desperate to satisfy my thirst for sugar.

DAY 2
    I decided to test my blood glucose levels again today. (fasting BG was 5.6)
    I enjoyed my breakfast this morning which was some good old avocado with a boiled egg, I am just hoping like hell that this keeps my hunger at bay as I may well be found in the empty filing cabinet near my desk rocking back and forth whimpering like a small child.
    At 11.00 my hunger was back with vengeous so I went and made myself a hot cup of green tea in the hope that the hunger pains would subside.
    I am not certain if it was due to my constant hunger or if the lunch selection of vegetable curry with cauliflower rice was nice but I enjoyed every last mouth full like it was the last supper.
    By dinner time the hunger had again returned, it is getting to the point where I am starting to sniff food just to get me through to my next meal. I have to say the no carb ploughman left me feeling so ripped off I felt like a customer that had been lured in by an infomercial and the amazing goods they were offering at ridiculous prices only to feel short changed. It was at this point that I decided to have an extra matchbox size of cheese to make my meal choice more fulfilling.

DAY 3
    Am now peeing like a thoroughbred race horse probably due to the copious amounts of green tea I am drinking and today I AM HUNGRY! – Maybe it’s the onset of cold weather, I don’t know but I need FOOD!
    BG at 11.12 was 4.8 an hour after my breakfast. I had my lunch from a place called Abakado today a nice miso soup with a salmon and tuna edamame salad it all look great but by 14.28 I was hungry jacks again FML!

DAY 4
    The hunger was not so bad today. Could it be that I may be turning a corner? The morning was worse than the evening and I was able to deal with the 800 cal per day allocation. I have however decided to incorporate some unsalted, non roasted mix nuts into my day when feeling hungry. My decision to do this is based on the fact that it is a much better food option than eating a giant Krispy crème donut!

DAY 5
    The hunger is not so bad this morning and I believe it is down to changing my breakfast option to the no carb bircher muesli. I could not eat my entire lunch so ate it at the pace of a slow moving snail and I decided to save some of the miso soup and ate it at around 15.30 but wasn’t hungry. This week I have been taunted with the copious amounts of sweet treats that have been situated around where I sit, but can honestly say I could now take it or leave it which for me is a clear indication that this 800 cal a day diet may be working. God only knows what the weekend will hold!

DAY 6
    Hunger is subsiding which is in my humble opinion a real turning point! This could well be a huge fist pump moment for me. The change in the morning breakfast to bircher muesli has really helped as a shake in the morning is just not cutting the daily mustard for me. I have been so good that even my Husband and friend chowing down on steak and ale pies and mushy peas did no break my reserve.

DAY 7
    WEIGH IN DAY – WEIGHT 83.2 kg (total lose 3.7kg)
    No hunger today and I weighed myself for the first time this morning after 7 days on the BSD and weighed in at 83.2 kgs and have lost 3 inches off my waist. A total weight loss of 3.7kgs in 7days.

To be continued……..

• posted by Minnie48
    on

Hi khan services I am so glad you decided to post your weeks progress. I started a few days ago and it has been a very shaky start.
    Yours details of what you are feeling each day is most helpful as I am going through the same hunger and am afraid I have fallen off the trolley a bit but after reading that if you can survive the first 3 days it starts to improve I am now going to continue with renewed vigour.
    Part of my problem is that my brain keeps trying to please me by suggesting little snacks and treats so have decided that I will say ‘ thanks but I will have some lovely mint tea instead’ and try to believe that is what I want!
    Please keep posting, I await your next instalment and hope that I will be able to say that I have managed a week and lost some weight.
    Maggie

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

KYAN nice to meet you x enjoyed reading yr experiences..you did well enduring all that and coming out unscathed and slimmer at the other end! 👍🏻 x
    MINNIE stay strong and you WILL lose! ⭐️ Xx

• posted by kyanservices
    on

Hi Minnie48 – Stay strong on this quest, if I can do it, you can do it too ( I used to have chocolate feasts often at 1am and at first my Husband thought we had rodent issues as he could hear paper rustling, but it was little old me ). The first week is by far the hardest, but once you get to day 7 you should start feeling less hungry. Some snacks I would suggest are boiled eggs or mixed nuts and I have also found that sparkling water is great as well. My favourite meal choices to date have been:
    Poached egg stack.
    Cheesy Baked Beans.
    Harrisa Chicken ( I am vego so used Quorn Chicken).
    Bircher Muesli.
    Warm Halloumi Salad.
    Aubergine Lamb & Pomegrante ( used Quorn Mince for this recipe).
    My advice is to eat the recipes that have the most protein in them , they will keep you fuller for longer and to keep your fluid up also 🙂
    Chat soon,
    Tania x

• posted by kyanservices
    on

Hi Yowzer – glad you have enjoyed reading my post and thanks for the welcome, I will try to update all once a week. It is good to know that there are others out there on this same journey as it makes life a lot easier x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi kyanservices – we’re all in this quest together and the forum offers great support and encouragement – I’m sure I wouldn’t have got as far as I have without it. I have dropped 17lb so far and hoping for a few more before our next holiday in mid-Sept.

Look forward to reading great results from you soon.

• posted by kyanservices
    on

Wow SunnyB – You are going great guns! 17lbs is a fantastic achievement so well-done!!

• posted by Minnie48
    on

Thank you all for your supportive posts to keep me on track and helpful suggestions re meals – yowser and kyanservices. Have stayed strong so far by keeping busy and giving myself time targets.
    Very helpful to read all the posts, keep popping back to see if there are any new ones, it’s quite exciting.
    Gosh you are a lovely bunch. Off to have another drink of water.

• posted by Minnie48
    on

I am so pleased with myself. Managed yesterday although went to bed hungry. Have only just started but a pound has dropped off and hit the floor.
    You would be proud of me, I am. My OH came home yesterday with a large bar of chocolate and twice during the evening offered me some and I refused. Don’t know where I found the strength but a lot of it is down to all of you.
    Thanks for encouragement.

• posted by Puneet
    on

I like the way you have maintained the record of 7 days. wish i had thought of it. It is good to see the progress. Thanks for sharing . Really motivational.

• posted by kyanservices
    on

Hey Minnie48 – Well done !

How naughty that your OH should bring home such items to tempt you with , but good on you for refusing those sugary sweets and staying strong.

If you are feeling hungry in the evening why don’t you try eating the high calorie meal in the evening or you could follow week ones Saturday and Sunday options which I found to be more fulfilling.

Brunch: Cheesy baked beans (260 cal)
    Dinner: Steak with peppercorn sauce (510 cal)
    or
    Brunch: Poached egg salmon stack (320 cal)
    Dinner: Harrisa Chicken (420 cal)

I have also been having a cup of green tea before bed that should help make you feel less hungry before sleep.

Keep up the good work x

• posted by kyanservices
    on

Hi Puneet , its never too late to start a 7 day progress diary , I just created my own template and carry a small note book with me so I can fill it in through out the day, then when I have time I fill in my online diary.

x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Keeping a record really helps to keep you on track, as well as showing you how you are doing long term. Make a start on one now, so that you have a record of what you are doing and the progress made.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Ooh, and all the new starters, don’t forget to MEASURE. Have a garment to measure against, get a tape measure round you – because the BSD will change your shape and you should be seeing your waist emerge as the visceral fat goes down.

I really recommend measuring as sometimes the weight plateaus but the measurements keep on reducing! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.