One foot in front of the other

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Annais
    on

Hi all – this is my introduction and accountability post. I feel as though I probably should have done it a week ago when I first started but was a bit hesitant about joining in and not sure how I’d go with the BSD 800.
    I’m not going to pretend the first week wasn’t hard but interestingly the things that I found hard were generally the emotional and psychological rather than the physical. Yes I struggled with a headache for most of the first 6 days, which was a little longer than I had anticipated, but I think with hindsight the withdrawal may have triggered a low-grade migraine which I should have cottoned-on to earlier.
    My OH is also taking this journey with me as he was diagnosed with Type II a year ago. After he was diagnosed, and knowing I was overweight, I checked my BSL with my GP and was told I was ‘pre-diabetic’. I had never even heard the expression until then. I thought it was black and white. You were diabetic or you weren’t. I also didn’t realise that diabetes was something you could reverse once you had it. So now I’m here. We’re here.
    I bought the book a few months ago and have been referring to it religiously this week. I would thoroughly recommend any new starters doing the two week plan exactly as per the book because it teaches you so much about judging portion sizes and what a nutritious meal looks like on the plate. For my OH and I it has also been handy to work out what we did and didn’t like and how to make it work with the stupid hours we both work running our business. Meal prep in advance is key here and planning definitely helps. Even planning to fail. Making sure there was stuff in the fridge at the office and home in case we really couldn’t hold out any longer. And not kicking ourselves. Persevere rather than bail completely.
    Drinking water. This was a huge one. Reminding myself constantly to have another glass of water even if I knew I was going to be peeing every 10 minutes …
    And the upshot is that I’ve gone from 96.5kg to 92.9 at my Day 7 weigh-in. That’s roughly 8lb, I think? I’m pretty happy with that. 🙂 OH’s weight is also going the right direction and his fasting BSL in the morning has also come down below 7 for the last few days which has been BRILLIANT. Now if I can just get him to stop asking for chocolate and pizza all the time, THEN we might make some real progress … !!
    My goal is to be under 80kg at my mother’s 70th on Sept 30. (I did the goal list too – another thing I’d recommend to anyone starting this. Make it about more than the weight. I want to be healthy again!)
    So this ended up being a ramble. Thank you and sorry to anyone who has made it reading so far and I wish you all the best on your own journey to health!
    Annais
    xx

• posted by Izzy
    on

welcome to BSD, well done on your good start and your husbands!

The first days on the diet are hardest and you’ve past that now so you should find it will become easier. I’ve been following this for 3 months and I find it pretty easy most of the time – just the occasional craving.

Most of us have weeks where little or no change is seen on the scale so don’t be discouraged if you have this soon it is very common and doesn’t last forever. It is helpful to take body measurements as well if you haven’t already done so 🙂

I’m a pretty slow loser by averages here (26lb’s) but it is regular and stable and easy so I am perfectly happy to continue. I hope this works well for you both.

Please log in or register to post a reply.