On the diet 2 weeks not much lost

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lamorna
    on

Hi I am not diabetic but do have high cholesterol and a sweet tooth. After injury I put on weight and this has gone on round my middle.

I need to lose 1st 6lbs and have been on the 800 diet. I have been strict and also logged everything on fitness pal.

I have also upped my activity and exercise.

After 2 weeks I have lost 5lbs and an inch off my waist. For the last few days I’ve lost nothing. Given all the stories in the book I expected more than this. I lost more following weight watchers so I’m a bit disappointed especially as I have been constantly hungry for two weeks even though I’ve followed the diet in the book.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had that experience. I’ve not felt great, people say I’m not looking great either. This seems very different to all the stories in the book which feel a bit cherry picked to sell it. I have ordered some ketostix but wonder if it is the usual story of the more you have to lose the quicker you lose it?

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hi Lamorna, 5lbs in 2 weeks is still a hell of a lot to lose mind! Especially considering you don’t have much to lose in the first place.

Do you mind answering, did you have a lot more to lose on WW? Also, are you keeping the carbs to under 50g per day? And are you drinking plenty of water?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Lamorna, sorry,its hard to go on when you feel disappointed,but like Timmy said 5lb in 2 weeks is not to be sniffed at,as most diets recommend not losing more than 1-2 lbs a week. And an inch off the waist is all good!

Ive lost 16 lb in the last few weeks which might sound like i’ m trying to rub it in,but no..i just think folk with plenty to lose,will lose more,initially anyway! i have about four times as much to lose as you,so please dont despair and – remember the health benefits from BSD!

Its worth cutting yr carbs right down,coz that will help feel you less hungry..i couldnt believe this was possible..surely i wd be starving without all those filling carbs! ..but its true. X!

Good luck and keep us posted. Ive used both Slimming World and Weight watchers in the past,with varying longterm success. With BSD,no joining fees and no weekly subscriptions! X

• posted by Lamorna
    on

Hi everyone. Hi Timmy. No same amount to lose. 10st is heaviest I’ve been but I’m only 5ft. I’ve been keeping carbs in the 25-50g range daily, mostly coming in below 40g so I think that’s why I am even mor gutted.

I’m determined to try and continue as eating lots of carbs can’t be good for me anyway. If my fitness tracker is to be believed I am getting more deep sleep though I feel very tired. I’m also going to add a multivitamin.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

How are you LAMORNA ..are you still feeling tired? That seems to pass after an initial slight queasiness or feeling of weakness..hope thats stopped and that youre still sleeping better. A good multivit is a good idea x i take magnesium and calcium,also ubiquinol and am hoping to add vit b complex next time Holland and Barrett have one of their sales. I’ll be rattling!
    I also take a herb called Herb Robert …just make a small amount of herb tea daily. Am hoping a many pronged approach will help with my health generally.

Please log in or register to post a reply.