OMG! Feeling strangely nervous about starting on Monday!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ArielTzi
    on

Hi all! Just ordered the BSD book and recipe book. I’m going to plan my meals for for next week and do my shop tomorrow based on the recipes I’ve seen on the website though – if I wait for the book it’s just more time for me to indulge in Last Supper Syndrome. That’s where I eat EVERYTHING in the house and tell myself it’s ok cos my diet starts on Monday.

It’s our 30th Wedding anniversary next year and we’re going on a dream holiday to the Maldives. I’m determined that I’ll be wearing slinky underwear and a big big smile! Right now, I can’t bear for my lovely hubby to see any thing less than fully clothed so I need to shake myself up. I need to lose 7 stones so will be doing the 8 week plan and hopefully keep going.

I can’t wait to get started and I’m hugely inspired by all your brilliant posts x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome Ariel, Although I started losing the weight last year, i redoubled my efforts this year as it is my 25th wedding next April, and I wanted to lose at least 8 stone to be able to fit into my wedding dress again. Mum fitted into hers on her 50th wedding anniversary this year and it kind of kicked me into action. I am sure you’ll do it, I am currently on 5 days at 800 and the other two on more + diet friendly treats, but will be switching to Fast 800 in a week or so to try to get to my BMI healthy weight before Christmas.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ARIEL what a pretty name! I totally get that you feel nervous..i was very apprehensive about starting! I really didnt know how i could function without bread and all the other goodies …however i was very pleasantly surprised..its amazing how the less carbs you eat,the less you want. Its coz you stop feeding yr Carb Monster who is always hungry for more…i used to think i was greedy or just had a big appetite but actually more carb leads to craving more carb. So once you stop eating them, the craving goes. Ok it might take a few days,( tho it took me just one day to stop wanting bread etc…)
    i had a few days first week when i felt very tired..this is known as carb flu (and you might not necessarily get it)
    After that,its been the easiest thing ive done..i think coz eating fullfat means you feel fuller longer.

I can honestly say i dreaded trying BSD more than anything else i ever tried..i even felt a bit depressed about starting!..but my fears were unfounded.
    Good luck and get started! The rewards are so worth it..in my case 39 lbs in 10 weeks X

Please log in or register to post a reply.