Offal

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Salky
    on

Is it ok to use liver/kidneys and the like in the 8 week diet? I notice it’s never mentioned in the book.

• posted by Madcook67
    on

I used to have liver & bacon at least once a month but alas since starting the BSD i felt i should refrain until someone has evidence it was good to use on thr diet. Its a bit like smoking i suppose, if there was medical evidence that it was good for me I would start again,no problem. Here’s wishing.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Salky. Don’t see any reason why not as long as the calories fit into 800. Partial to liver myself 😃 Need to visit a proper butcher to buy some – can only get huge amounts in supermarket!

• posted by Robbiebee
    on

Liver freezes well both raw and cooked – I freeze in portions and it’s lovely cold with salad

• posted by Chameleonbeetle
    on

Offal is no different to any other cuts of meat. Be brave and go for it if you want it, I’m not letting this diet stop me from enjoying a wide variety of foods.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I would have thought liver a very good and satisfying choice. It is nutritious and filling, so a little should go a long way.

Please log in or register to post a reply.