Off the Metformin!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Maefly
    on

Just had a visit to my lovely diabetes nurse. Having lost 10kg since February, 7 of which were in the last 7 weeks on the Fast 800, I now have a HbA1c of 40 (5.8) and can stop taking Metformin. Woo hoo!
    I am so pleased. I have been finding the 800 tough for a week or so now, my weight has been up and down and the carbs have been calling. I have three weeks to go until I have a long weekend away so I am going to save my remaining Metformin and take that week to mitigate the pancakes I have been promising myself.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Maefly, congratulations on coming off of Metformin – well done!

• posted by Patsy
    on

Well done!

You could buy some gram flour (also known as besan or chick pea flour) and have low carb pancakes. You just mix it with water to the same consistancy as pancake batter (no egg needed) and fry in a little oil or oil and butter mix (which tastes better). They take slightly longer to cook and the texture is slightly different, but they’re pretty good.

• posted by Tracy2267
    on

Well done Maefly. Just shows it can be done. Your news has cheered me up as I’m struggling with this plan as I was getting bored with the food and so, the carbs came calling! However, have got my mojo back and am ready to try again!

• posted by Maefly
    on

Thanks Orchid!
    Sounds good Patsy, I will have to try them.
    Tracey2267, thank you. It can be tough at times, which is when I come to the forum. Always something to cheer and inspire.

Please log in or register to post a reply.