OatsoSimple porridge

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GillyJay
    on

Hi
    Does anyone know if the basic unflavoured OatSoSimple made with water and microwaved is ok?
    I’m into my first week of the 5:2 and am very surprised and pleased to have shed a kilo already.

Gill

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I may be wrong but I think that the microwaveable treated and powdered porridge can raise blood sugars and the preferred option is more the rolled, whole grain oat (steel cut, I believe in the US). You can soak these overnight and warm them relatively quickly for breakfast.

I don’t like microwaveable porridge so I’m not really the expert

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

My carb counter says 100g porridge made with water is 9g per 100g serving, 13g made with milk,
    oat so simple is 64g per 100g . Processed stuff is usually chock a block with hidden carbs – I think they put a lot milk powder in this. If you do decide to use it, the flavoured ones are exactly the same carb count. MKx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

On the bright side the sachet is only 27 grams so a total of 23 carbs but still a bit too carby for this diet if you want to keep under 50g.

• posted by GillyJay
    on

Thank you so much for your help. I think I’ll ditch the OatSoSimple stuff!

• posted by GillyJay
    on

Thank you Sunshine Girl. It’s not that tasty really either so maybe I’ll just ditch it. Have a number of packets in the cupboard from pre this diet! It’s not worth wasting that many carbs on one meal.

• posted by GillyJay
    on

Thank you for your help. Your input has made the decision for me! 😉

Please log in or register to post a reply.