Nuts

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Slobonasofa
    on

I notice a lot of the recipes contain nuts; all very healthy but what do you do if you are allergic to them? For the recipes that contain nuts, do I add more protein and should I add a multi- mineral to maintain balance across the 8 weeks?

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

How about subbing seeds for nuts? Pumpkin and sunflower should work…

• posted by Slobonasofa
    on

thanks for responding; I shall certainly try these as I was concerned that a multi-mineral often contains Selenium often sourced from Brazil nuts.

• posted by Bizibee
    on

Sesame seeds have lots of goodness in too, you can add them to all sorts. And tahini paste is nice (check it’s been made in a nut free environment, though)Do you have a problem with pine “nuts”? They are a seed, not a nut, growing between the sepals of fir cones of particular types. Delicious toasted and sprinkled in salad or on green beans.

• posted by Bizibee
    on

Just thinking, you should be able to get multi minerals that are guaranteed nut free, so many people have nut allergy. But most things can be covered by a varied range of foods within the diet, I’d’ve thought. Lots of doctors follow the research that supplements don’t do much away from the foods they stem from. The jury is still out on that I believe, at least within generally healthy people, as so much is just shed by the body. I believe an exception may be vitamins D and B12, though I forget where I read that so don’t know the quality of research. Generally it’s better to eat the foods rather than drop the pills, even though the quantities will be smaller.

Please log in or register to post a reply.