Nothing to lose except the lard!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Snaffler
    on

Well, here I go. I am a 40 something female and have tried every diet under the sun and failed. I know that if I continue to swerve the salad bar and don’t sort out my lifestyle for good I will be storing up all sorts of health problems for the future. I have five stones to lose which is a bit overwhelming. So this is it. I started the diet yesterday and when I reweighed this morning I had already lost 4lbs. To say I was chuffing chuffed is an understatement!!! So I am already seeing results. I cooked the harissa chicken from the book last night (lush) and the gingered pork tonight (okay). I love fruit and veg and cooking so it should be doable except for the fact that I am a comfort eater. When the going gets tough the tough eat crisps/biscuits/the fridge contents etc. I think distraction will be the key to overcome this but I would welcome any other suggestions/ideas/large cash donations. People’s posts are so helpful and inspiring. I will update with my progress. Good luck everyone.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Welcome Snaffler

When I started the BSD in December (now in week 28) I had approximately 6.5 stones to lose, so understand how overwhelming it can feel.

Currently I have lost one pound under the 5 stone (69 pounds), so it is achievable. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I still have around 22 pounds to lose, but can see that goal drawing closer.

Wishing you well on the journey.

• posted by Snaffler
    on

Thanks for the warm welcome Captainlynne. Congratulations on your success. You must be so thrilled. What an achievement! Your message has really geed me up. I love fashion but have worn large Royal Mail sacks for several years so I am looking forward to having to buy a new wardrobe of clothes as my ‘dangling carrot’. Think I’m just going to take this BSD shenanigans a day at a time and not be impatient.

Wishing you continued success.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Snaffler

Another pound lost today means a total of 5 stones gone since 19th December.

For me, one stone equals one size in clothes. My wardrobe had few clothes other than work uniform in size 24 (getting too tight). The main colour was navy and waistbands were elasticated.

Now I have casual clothes as well as uniform in the wardrobe. I’ve just been given some tops (sizes 14 and medium). Different styles – the medium fit now, the 14s are ‘snug’. My uniform skirt (size 24) was getting shorter as I had to lift the waist higher to be able to fasten it. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ And I’d moved the jacket buttons right to the edge so it would at least fasten. Buttons would sometimes pop off. Fortunately I’d kept smaller uniforms as I grew out of them, but that supply us now exhausted and I have to get new uniform. The smallest skirt I have is too big round the waist and is now so long it’s like a hobble skirt – fine as long as I don’t run, or need to climb into a minibus LOL.

If it helps, I’ve stayed with the 800 calories a day throughout, except when away from home on holiday or at residential conferences. Even when away I’ve stayed low carb. Eating full fat products and drinking lots of sparkling water. I kept a notebook since I started, writing down everything I eat (with calories) and medical test results. When I started I was testing my blood sugars every morning and night. When they reached normal levels I dropped the evening test. Eventually I dropped daily fasting blood tests, going to weekly. Now it’s a random test occasionally. But everything is recorded in my notebook.

Any questions, just ask. Someone is usually around to answer. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi snaffler.
    I am starting tomorrow, and also a historic dieter, failed up till now, it’s very inspiring all these wonderful bsd peeps, we are very fortunate. Can’t wait to get started tomorrow. We can loose our lard in synchrony. I have 76 pounds to loose. Thank goodness I am here now. Such amazing blessings, I am amazed I am enthusiastic to start a very low cal diet, bonkers, but wonderfully so.

• posted by Snaffler
    on

Captain Lynne I am still gobsmacked by your success! Well done on another loss. It’s certainly a very motivating tool for a week 1 newbie. I am feeling a bit ‘weird’ today. Decided to skip brekkie so I could have a medi platter for lunch and skinny chilli for tea. I’m normally a breakfast eater so maybe that’s why or it could just be my system adjusting I suppose. I am drinking plenty of water and like you I like to drink the sparkly sort too.I imagine that I will experience different ‘states’ as I go along. I’m just going to be patient, follow the plan and plod steadily through the peaks and troughs. I’m a tad worried as I swallowed a fly whilst out walking the dog this morning. I was shuffling along with a slack gob, dreaming of my forthcoming medi platter and in it flew. Still, I guess flies count as protein and not carbs!!! ๐Ÿค”I too wear a uniform for work and it is stretched to the max (it’s not stretchy material either) so I look forward to pestering the stores department in the future!

• posted by Snaffler
    on

Hello GreenJanet! Nice to hear from you. We appear to have similar goals and I would be more than happy to pal up with you so we can support each other on our BSD travels! The forums are a godsend. So much useful stuff on there, lots of recipes and friendly people all in the same boat. The way I see it, it’s only 8 weeks out of your life and if it enables you to lose the weight and change your lifestyle permanently, what’s not to like?! Good luck with tomorrow. I am on day three. I have been hungry at times but when it comes on I distract myself with something else. That has got me through it. I have also been drinking lots of water and herbal tea and so far have not suffered from any headaches. My peanut sized bladder has meant frequent commutes to the loo though!!! Oh well, it’s all exercise. ๐Ÿ˜„ Have a great first day, we’re in it together!!! ๐Ÿ˜„

• posted by greenjanet
    on

That’s so funny, swallowing the fly, and in the voice of Yoda impressed I am that you thought about the carbs, protein in a fly hehe. I’ve got to find somewhere this evening to buy some weighing scales otherwise it will be a public hanging oh no I meant weigh in in Lyoyds pharmacy, I live in a village where everyone is as nosy as anything, and my weight will be all round in a flash, so here’s hoping I can buy one for my bathroom, so I can do it in secret. Then tomorrow make a week plan go shopping, measure myself tummy etc, and think about eating this yummy food. I will be on here all the time I think, so not doing any work lol, but I know I am going to need the support. Have a lovely rest of the day.๐Ÿ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŒ๐Ÿž๐Ÿœ new insects to eat. Hehe

• posted by Frog
    on

5 Stone Lynne – that’s amazing – inspirational as ever.
    I know you’ve often said the number of week, but I’d not realised that you’d started in the week of Christmas – Really Hard.
    You’ll be in to size 12 tops very soon I’m sure!

Snaffler – agree that flies must be zero carb!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Snaffler

Here’s a thing a psychosomatic thing that is I haven’t started this yet, but because I am thinking about it so much, planning etc in prep for starting tomorrow., I feel like I have hardly eaten but I have, dry mouth like I have experienced on a severe diet before, headache, just shows me all that I experience is just in my mind.

• posted by Emjomo
    on

Hi Snaffler, are you my twin? ๐Ÿ˜€
    I’m also a comfort eater. I’ve not started yet but I can’t wait

Em x

Please log in or register to post a reply.