not losing weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jul
    on

I have been doing the BSD now for 11 days I was a sugar fiend but have found giving it up quite easy however I’m sticking to a calorie controlled diet of around 800calories and I am eating healthier than ever however I have only lost just over 1 pound and I am devastated I feel like I am trying so hard but nothing is happening.

• posted by Cicipops
    on

Hi Jul, you sound so fed up! Please don’t allow your discouragement make you give up. Can I ask what you’ve been eating? It may be you are sticking to the right no. of calories, but need to tweak your choice of foods. I have cut out potatoes of all kinds, bread, rice and pasta. I don’t eat any low fat stuff. Yoghurt, humous etc is all full fat. I’ve been eating fish in bucket loads – salmon, tuna, tinned sardines in tomatoe sauce. Plenty of veg with lean cuts of meat, eggs, porridge oats and nuts and fresh berries in puds and for snacking. I’ve not once felt hungry, and it’s working! I’m pretty fanatical about weighing myself. Before I started on the diet I weighed myself (late evening). On the morning I started my diet, I took my weight again, as it’s always different first thing! Some folk like to do a weigh in once a week, but I find my weight can fluctuate quite a bit, so I check it mornig and night EVERY day. That way, I can see the weight coming off, and it’s not hidden by those inevitable days when you have a bit of bloating or are carrying extra fluid. If you do feel like snacking between meals, make it something healthy, and drink lots of water (that’s something I find particularly difficult). On reading other posts, I have seen EVERYONE has weeks where their weight is not shifting. It happened to me week 2 of the diet, but continued in week 3 (I’m now 12lb lighter). Keep at it – it WILL happen! Good luck! X

• posted by stingle
    on

Don’t be disheartened My week 2 was abysmal as well in fact the first 3 weeks (weight wise) was slow then all of a sudden it took off what I looked at was that my blood sugar came down from 27 (fasting) to 9 in the 8 weeks and that is what spurred me on – Before I did this diet I injected insulin twice a day and for 4 months I have had NONE and I’m nearly 2 stone lighter. Believe me it gets easier, its taken me 10 years to get here and this diet is the only thing that has EVER worked – Please keep trying it will come off. Good Luck x Sue

• posted by jul
    on

Thank you so much for your encouragement I don’t intend to give up I’m a bit stubborn like that. I haven’t actually found the diet hard I have not had any snacking in between meals. I’m quite a plain eater and have found myself mostly having chicken with veg or salad, feta cheese with salad and eggs mushrooms and beans. Fruit has been apples pears or berries. I allow myself one glass of cordial on a night which is 27 calories however does contain sugar could this be the problem, other than that I’m drinking lots of plain water and 2cups of tea with almond milk. X

• posted by Patsy
    on

Check the almond milk ingredients list. All those I’ve seen have far more sugar than almonds in them, so you might be having more of it than you’d realised.

• posted by jul
    on

Just checked the milk and it has 0.1g of sugar per 100ml.

• posted by jul
    on

Just wanted to say thank you soo much for the encouragement last week I did feel quite down but determined to carry on and this week I lost 5lb which I am chuffed to bits with. I am doing sit ups and push ups and the other exercises and I feel really good. I love a good cup of tea on a morning proper tea but today at work I came across a box of gingerbread green tea I can’t normally stand herbal teas but as I am getting more adventurous I thought il give it a try, it was lovely I’ve also tried red bush tea aswell with a bit milk and it’s really nice especially if you like a strong cuppa. Thanks again for your support and good luck with the diet everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.