Not diabetic?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MandyC
    on

Hi everyone.

While reading the book and online it does often say you should check you’re a type 2 but I’m not. Is this just MM ‘covering’ himself?

Look forward to getting to know you all!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I think it means rather than a type 1 diabetic, we did have a couple of type 1 posters I think who were trying to adapt the lower carb way of life, but not heard from them lately. Many of us here are not diabetic or pre-diabetic.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi MandyC
    Many of us just need to lose weight and this is a great way of doing it. The BSD was designed to lower blood sugar and address pre and type 2 diabetes but bottom line is, pretty much anyone can benefit from a low carb diet and by doing the Fast 800, those of us that have weight to shift will succeed.
    Look forward to hearing how you progress … good luck!

• posted by cmawp
    on

I wasn’t diabetic and have so far lost 63.5lb. Almost at my goal of 72lb loss.

I would echo the other posters comments, this is an excellent way of eating and re-teaches your body what it really needs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.