Normal?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by danoboo
    on

Hi everyone. I have had the 8 week blood sugar diet in my bookcase for well over a year. I’d read bits of it and did one week strictly following the program and lost weight but found the program too hard as I have real trouble with organising cooked lunches where I work and didn’t like everything on the menu. So here I am again, but reading the book cover to cover. I started on Thursday (so am just starting day 4) and decided to have breakfast and dinners and just miso soup sachet for lunch at work. I’ve been tracking calories and steps on my fitbit and just invested in a treadmill now it’s getting dark in the mornings. I’ve stuck to 800 calories. 150ml of wine last night put me 30 cal over. So far I’ve lost 3.4kg. I know most of that is water but still it seems an awful lot! I am only just in the overweight category for my BMI. I have been pretty tired and lightheaded but extra water seems to do the trick. I know this seems a stupid question, but should I be worried by such a drastic loss? It’s 4.5% of my starting weight already! I suspect it will plateau pretty quickly, but 3.4kg in 4 days is crazy…

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Absolutely normal, yes. The actual amount will be different for everyone, I lost 9 pounds in my first week, despite being on quite a low carb diet beforehand. Keep the water intake up, and maybe add a little salt as with all the water your sodium levels can become a little depleted as your bodies stores drop. The water weight comes from several places including glycogen, once this is depleted the body will adapt to burning fat instead.

Please log in or register to post a reply.