Normal blood sugar??

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FerretQueen
    on

I have tested my blood glucose this morning prior to starting the 800 diet and the result was 4.1 this is in the normal range. However I am overweight and have several medical conditions. Is this diet right for me? Can anyone give advice on this that would be great!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Short answer is YES, it is good for anyone whether or not diabetic, it will reduce your weight quite dramatically therefore giving you lots of motivation. It will reduced blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides. That is what it has done for me. What health problems do you have. Whatever they are you will benefit from this diet. Good luck and keep posting, any questions, there is always someone here who has been there done that.

• posted by shalimar
    on

I’m not a doctor ….. so, to start with, Check out the section tabs at the top of the website …. i.e. Blood Sugar Diet (like Who should do it) … Get Started (description of the basics) ; FAQ (frequently asked questions). If you don’t have the 8 week Blood Sugar Diet book by Michael Mosley … perhaps you can buy it or borrow a copy from the library?

I believe this diet can be helpful and healthful in many ways …. but i can really only speak for myself.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

The BSD is good for a variety of things as well as improvements in blood sugar, and I recommend you type in your various medical conditions in the SEARCH box top right to see if others have commented in other threads (lots of experience here on this forum).

I also thoroughly recommend you look at the various headings at the top and it may well benefit you to read through the book The 8 Week Blood Sugar diet as it explains very simply the science behind the programme. Time very well spent.

I merely wanted to lose weight and OH had Type 2. Both of us have seen great health improvements from the BSD.

Giving up refined carbs for the 8 week period (rice, bread, potatoes, sugar, pasta) trains you to a different way of eating which is very healthy and full of good stuff (lots of vegetables, for instance), tasty and also helps you lose weight and stop craving the instant hit of refined carbs.

Hope that helps 🙂

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Sorry to be slightly against the trend on this one but the phrase “several medical conditions” rang a few alarm bells. I would suggest that you consult a medical professional as moving onto what is a quite challenging dietary regime may not be advisable. Pay your GP (or equivalent) a visit and give them a summary of the diet.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

FerretQueen, I am overweight, still obese, but getting towards overweight, no BS problems, but several medical conditions, high BP, heart disease, sciatica, old age 70, to name but a few, but I can assure you the diet will work for weight loss and probably for some of your other conditions as well,

JulesM is being careful and perhaps you should see your doc first, but remember if you had to have a serious op your surgeon would put you on a very low calorie diet for weeks beforehand. If you notice in another thread the BBC doco on the folks having bariatric surgery they dieted BEFORE the operation. I have not seen this yet because the BBC won’t let me watch it ( in OZ)

By all means consult your doctor, but do not let her put you off. Just read lots of the threads here for inspiration and good ideas – and look at folks like Igor and Jules among others who have had great success. My BP and cholesterol have both gone down and I have a long way to go.

Please log in or register to post a reply.