Non diabetics using the Mplan

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Trebor728
    on

I am starting the Mplan on Monday ( 20th June), I am type 2 diabetic, my wife has agreed to support me by going on it too. However she is not diabetic but is overweight and has diabetes in her family. Would this diet be suitable for her?

• posted by Timmy
    on

I’m not diabetic and I’m doing the 5:2. I’m really enjoying it and have had huge results so far. I started out 2 stone overweight and I’ve shifted half of that in 2 weeks.

• posted by barby
    on

Hi Trebor Yes your wife will be fine with this type of eating – the BSD is not just for diabetics, it’s for anyone who’s over weight and wants to lose (and also to avoid becoming diabetic in the future). Many on here have been warned that they are pre diabetic and are trying to reverse the process.

So some people here just count calories – 800 a day. Others, especially the diabetics, are counting carbs, and the amount varies.

Good luck to you both … the forums are very friendly and supportive, and if you have questions just ask. At the top right is the search option, which is handy. Also look at the Recipes at the top, there are some good tasty ideas. Best of luck, Barby.

• posted by Izzy
    on

eating this way suits almost everyone 🙂

I’m like your wife not diabetic but at risk as family history of it.

Good luck to you both.

• posted by NatM
    on

I’m not diabetic but my Mum is pre diabetic so I decided to help understand what she needs to do.
    I’m on day 3 so far and enjoying it.
    I made the chicken and bacon wraps and loved them with broccoli. My husband said he would eat that as a healthy meal too. He’s not diabetic either.
    I made some minestrone soup, all tasty and anyone in the family can have it. I may need to make more so there is some left for me!
    I even weighed out some nuts and seeds and the kids started helping themselves.
    Good luck.

• posted by JCH187
    on

Same here I’m not diabetic but have a strong family history of it, I’m 4 weeks in, 1st 2lbs lighter and 4″ off my waist. It will be great to have your wife supporting you and vice versa.

Please log in or register to post a reply.