No weight loss in week 2, not even an ounce. Advice please.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Suzannabella
    on

Hi everyone.
    This is my first post as I need some help and advice. Week 1 went well. I lost 7lbs. Week two I’ve stayed same, and not even lost an ounce. I’ve done everything the same. No idea what’s going on and why. Any suggestions.

• posted by Suzannabella
    on

Oops think I’ve posted this in wrong forum. I’ll do it again in correct one. Sorry

• posted by Frog
    on

quite a lot of people plateau in week 2 – I did for about ten days.

make sure you water intake is high enough – at least 2-3 litres a day
    really try and increase your exercise
    how is your digestion? Lots of existing threads on here about constipation

• posted by Natalie
    on

I had a week two plateau as well, it seems to happen a lot. Keep going and you’ll start losing again. I know it’s hard to believe you won’t lose weight every day when you’re eating 800 cals, but the body is a funny thing.

• posted by Suzannabella
    on

Thank you. My digestion isn’t very good at the moment and you might be right, I may have lapsed a little with my drinking.
    Thanks for replies. Good to know it’s not unusual and I’m not alone. Must try harder.

• posted by Avila
    on

And remember the body doesn’t loose weight evenly – can’t find the link but someone posted a webpage that explained the ‘whoosh effect’ when a plateau can be followed by a sudden drop. It was about fat cells losing triglycerides but replacing it with water until the fat cell is fatless and is discarded releasing the water weight and get overnight ‘losses’, though really the fat has been burned away gradually, just the scales don’t show it. Something like that.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Starch – I have reported your post as it is advertising.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Good for you Krysia, we don’t want any rubbish on here and only 15 pounds in 9 weeks, slow coaches

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Thank you Sunshine-girl girl. I think it is bad that people advertise on a forum like this. The tech people are really good at taking posts down.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have reported this one also – although when I tried the link it looks to have been blocked by Google

Please log in or register to post a reply.