No progress

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by donking
    on

Hi all

I’m a new convert to this plan and despite being just under 800 calories for each of last 3 days plus increase in steps have gained 1.5lbs
    Please help

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Keep going DONKING tho iknow its a disappointing start,but there could be several explanations including yr scales being inaccurate. Or wrong time of the month,or you havent been to the loo – or maybe yr body needs a few days to adjust. This is all quite a big change from what your body’s used to! Try to keep with it and hopefully very soon you’ll see positive changes. Watch yr carbs as well as yr cals..some innocent seeming things like apples are high carb! X

• posted by topcac
    on

HI donking – how disappointing for you – I feel for you, I really do. However, remember this plan is for 8 weeks so, despite the fact that many have success in the first 3 days, that’s not always going to be true and everyone is different. If you’ve increased your exercise your body may hold water because it does that when it’s repairing muscles (even if they don’t hurt they’ve probably gone ‘what the hell??!!) so upping your intake of water may help – you have got to learn to love water more than Michael Phelps on this plan so even if you think you’re drinking loads, drink more. I drink between 3-4 litres a day and even I have weeks where I don’t lose anything.

Additionally Yowzer is right – have a quick check through what you’ve eaten (my advice would be to keep a diary for the first few week at least) and check out the carb levels of the food you’ve eaten. If you’ve used recipes in the book then you should be OK but everyone’s body is different and some of us need WAY less carbs than others to have the same results. Whilst there’s no absolute in this obviously, staying under 50 is usual but some try to cut down to less than 30.

Good luck with the rest of this week – I am positive this will work for you – read the forums, they are so useful and supportive and we hope to hear of progress soon

Best wishes
    TC

• posted by donking
    on

Thanks for all tips/advice. I will keep an eye on carbs and dry to up water intake

• posted by Crow
    on

I’ve just completed two weeks and I had a similar start. And then suddenly I seem to lose a fair bit of weight over night. The same has happened in this second week, seemed steady then this morning it’s gone.

Also if you are upping your steps you might be gaining a little muscle which will slow your weight loss but you are still getting healthier.

• posted by Elehisie
    on

In my experience, I find that sometimes my weight will not change for the entire month, and then suddenly right after my period it will change for a big amount. Also… this diet has a catch… even the tiniest amount of the wrong food (like one small candy, a piece of potato, a bite from pasta) will halt your entire progress for that entire week. In other words, you have to do it PERFECTLY. no exceptions. it works when I keep it perfectly then I eat something I shouldn’t, bang, it doesn’t.

Please log in or register to post a reply.