No Hunger

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TheThelwellPony
    on

Has anyone had this problem? I am struggling to eat the 800 calories as I just don’t have any appetite. I’ve tried forcing the food down, but feel super stuffed.
    I’m well hydrated and am quite an active person.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’ve never had that problem, but then I love cheese and could quite easily eat all 800 calories on a mega cheeseboard if I don’t restrain myself. If I am at the end of the day and haven’t had enough calories then I will ‘pick’ a lump of cheese or a handful of nuts. Could you be bloated rather than stuffed? Has something you’ve eaten disagreed with you?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi TheThelwelPony – you don’t say how long you have been doing the Fast 800. If it is sometime, your appetite has probably reduced considerably. I find some days I don’t feel hungry at all now and sometimes feel over full when eating small amounts. If you are new to the BSD and not used to drinking the amount required, this is probably making you feel really full and you might need longer, for your body to get used to the new regime.
    Mixnmatch is right about the cheese and nuts – looking to include a little more fat to help use up our calories is a good way to go. Adding olive oil to a salad dressing, eating oily fish and advocado are also good ways of adding calories as fat. However, maybe see if you can have a day or two a week on less cals then maybe you will feel more like getting your 800cals – or more – on the other days. So a little more like the 5:2 way of eating.
    Keep us posted on progress.

• posted by Daisymay
    on

Omg what am I doing wrong ???day 5 now and I have felt hungry most of today and yesterday, I even woke at 2.30am and my tummy was telling I was hungry never had that before ! First 3 days I wasn’t hungry at all day 3 & 4 felt under the weather maybe carb flu, drinking lots of warm water with lemon, counting everything and trying to keep carbs at 50 or less but finding it difficult. I also fast until say 1 – 2 pm so spreading my calories over only 2 meals and am doing dry January too thank goodness as no calories left for drink!

I cook from scratch only good food and am trying very hard !

Please log in or register to post a reply.