No gallbladder

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by EG
    on

Hi can anyone tell me what happens if you go on low carb and have no gallbladder I am concerned regarding the extra fat.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi EG, I had not thought about that but it does not have any effect. I don’t have a gallbladder. Remember this is not the Atkins, the fat is good fat and easily digested such as olive oil, avocado, full fat milk which is how milk should be before messing it about, full fat cheese and yoghurt same comment as for the milk, and butter. I does not say you have to eat loads, for example, if you don’t eat bread or mashed potatoes when are you going to use butter. I find I have some for cooking scrambled eggs. It is not true that natural fat is harmful. The plan does not advocate fatty meat or frying all your food. Everything in moderation.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’ve no gallbladder either and I’ve had no issues on BSD. Everyone is different my advice would be to try it and see if it suits you.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi EG, I also have no gall bladder and often suffered with indigestion, pains in my side and feeling very bloated before the BSD. I have been on the BSD for 24 days and haven’t felt this good in a long time. I have had no indigestion, no feeling bloated and the fat is melting from my middle as well as the weight falling quickly. I would recommend you jump on the wagon and join us all on our journey. I am sure you will only benefit. xx

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Another with no gall bladder and have felt fabulous over the 27 days since I commenced. I am unsure why you think there is increased fat in this eating plan. While the BSD recommends eating full fat dairy products rather than low fat and says to add a little fat to your diet, the calorie count means it is unlikely, in a diverse diet, that there would be sufficient calories in a day to allow a lot of fat.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Another with no gall bladder and no bad effects on the BSD. I feel better than I have done in many years, eating meat and full fat dairy products.

• posted by EG
    on

Thank you everyone. I am onboard! I have already felt a difference in the pain I used to get in my feet that I believe can be a symptom of high levels of sugar in the blood. Not loosing much weight so just downloaded an app to help me sort quantities out. Fabulous that everyone is so helpful and motivated.

Please log in or register to post a reply.