Night time leg cramps

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Pompom60
    on

Hi all. I’ve recently restarted the BS diet and I’ve been getting terrible leg cramps at night. Has anybody else had this and anyone got any suggestions for maybe a supplement to take? Thank you

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Pompom – being woken at night by leg cramps is horrid – been there, done that – my suggestion, and what helped me, would be to increase your salt intake. If you are drinking extra water (which you should be) and losing water, which is highly likely in the early stages, you are probably washing away salt. Try adding a bit more to your diet and see if it helps.

No doubt others may come up with additional ideas.

• posted by Ancient Weaver
    on

I second Theodora, with a stock cube dissolved in a mug of hot water as my go to remedy.

Other options are magnesium (and calcium? or zinc?) tablets, electrolyte, or if all else fails, my Mum’s remedy: tonic water.

• posted by Pompom60
    on

Thank you. I took your advice for increasing my salt intake and, hey presto, no cramp last night! Thank you so much.

• posted by Theodora
    on

That’s great news, pompom. Glad to have been of service 😊

Please log in or register to post a reply.