NHS DIETICIANS ARE UNBELIEVABLE!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bob fox
    on

Unfortunately I am in hospital waiting for a heart bypass op. I started the Fast 800 in Jan losing 42lbs but have since carried on the bsd way losing so far in excess of 6 stone. But my diet is under threat from short sighted NHS dieticians. They make the meal plans for the whole hospital. The choices for meals are bizarre consisting of 80% carbs. Potatoes,rice,pasta and so much bread you could stock a bakery aisle in Tesco. I had to make my choice for meals for tomorrow,today, out of around 50 to 60 choices, the only thing that suited the bsd diet was an apple. Unbelievable. The breakfast choices are toast and jam(or marmalade) and cereals. All the ones with sugar. I asked for a yoghurt, and was given a muller one. So I asked if I could talk to a dietician and was refused,but the catering manager came to see me and and I explained about the BSD and he reassured me that I can mix and match items to get a decent menu. He does have access to the dieticians and mentioned what I said and got the reply that the BSD diet is a lifestyle choice. Can you believe that.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sadly yes I can believe it. I predict it will be getting on for another decade, before the government and the NHS catches up and accepts the science behind the BSD way of thinking. Yes, the proof is right there in front of them already, but it isn’t yet at a level that they can no longer keep denying the evidence, so meanwhile the vast majority of professionals and public, will go on using the worthless and defunct ethos of the past.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh good luck with yr op Bob x i hope it goes well and you recover quickly and get ANOTHER new lease of life to add to the new you who is over 6 stone less! Respect!
    Isnt it awful that hosp food can be so dreadful..i went to see a friend in hospital and he had orderd pasta for dinner..when it came, he could fork up the whole clump of pasta in one go..just a hard sticky mess! Not what you need when youre trying to get well. The docs and nurses do a great job,miracles happen every day in hospitals everywhere..but why isnt the food better and why arent dieticians keeping up with all the research? Surely if patients were fed nourishing food and given some decent advice on what to eat after discharge,eventually the numbers of ill people wd go down and the NHS would save a fortune!
    I can only suggest you ask family and friends to bring food in for you,Bob..i hope this is a possibility? You need to keep yr strength up! X heres to you getting well soon and back home again 👍🏻

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Unfortunately the n.h.s has to feed a patient on about 3.50 a day, and the pharmaceutical companies are multi billion companies it’s not in their interests for us to be healthy. We are behind you all the way Bob, look for the lovely helpful people while you are there, they will look after you. Swift recovery wished for you.

Love jan😊

• posted by Frog
    on

It was an NHS dietitian I posted about the other day that suggested cutting a mars bar into seven and having some each day!
    (the sort that ‘advises’ patients individually rather than planning hospital menus)
    Bonkers

Please log in or register to post a reply.